• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MattyG

Attention is love.
15 Badges
Mar 23, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
I have been working hard on 1.08 and am nearing completion.

It contains a lot more than just the new Polish file. Lot's of lother little biuts and pieces, including Friesland, medi-eval Universities, and many bug fixes.

Here are the tasks remaining for me:

1. Events representing the conflict between Kowalski and Michal Tarlo.

2. Monarchs for 1675 onwards.

3. Events for Rome if it is not owned by the Papal States, with the push for autonomy.

4. Friesland events at Anne's decision to marry.

5. AI files for Poland (always the last thing I do.)

Plus, of course, any other changes I need to make from comments from beregic, Interregnum's uber-playtester!

I have been working hard on 1.08 and am nearing completion.

It contains a lot more than just the new Polish file. Lot's of lother little biuts and pieces, including Friesland, medi-eval Universities, and many bug fixes.

Here are the tasks remaining for me:

1. Events representing the conflict between Kowalski and Michal Tarlo.

2. Monarchs for 1675 onwards.

3. Events for Rome if it is not owned by the Papal States, with the push for autonomy.

4. Friesland events at Anne's decision to marry.

5. AI files for Poland (always the last thing I do.)

-maybe some more provincial events(to get players get going on more frequent ,and time based, goodies hunting paths). same for some negative events within the big major's own cores, as to encourage strategical release of vassals at times(such as if releasing a vassal, the new ai nation will get bad or good ai events, or in such manner player can avoid some huge temporarry RR wich will be provincial based).

-an EXPLICIT layout manner for wich to trigger the alternative reformation, one of the most original set of events for this mod.

-as for rome itself, maybe some extra events wich would encourage the other players to dow the one that owns rome. and upon releasing it, the player that does; his nation gets some bonuses such as some random tax increase?

-more implementations in the global event files such as cossacks have if they do not exist, bad events for the player that owns them, each and every 50 years or so.

Plus, of course, any other changes I need to make from comments from beregic, Interregnum's uber-playtester!

:eek:o...:D

-maybe some more provincial events(to get players get going on more frequent ,and time based, goodies hunting paths). same for some negative events within the big major's own cores, as to encourage strategical release of vassals at times(such as if releasing a vassal, the new ai nation will get bad or good ai events, or in such manner player can avoid some huge temporarry RR wich will be provincial based).

I don't believe in goodies events, as you probably have found out. :)

The other events seem to be a lot like the Huge Nation events.

-an EXPLICIT layout manner for wich to trigger the alternative reformation, one of the most original set of events for this mod.

There is no single path, but instead each event/choice makes it more or less likely that the ai will continue in that same path toward or away from reform.

The choices at each point should be fairly obvious as to which is reformist. You can change direction at virtually any point (except right near the end).

Here's the most direct way.

1. Reform at the Council of Siena choose A

2. Pope Martinus V Dies choose A

3. The Council of Avignon choose "Curb Indulgences, and relax land ownership"

4. Conciliar Theorists choose "Allow the deabte"

5. The Fifth Laternan Council - Controlling the Synods choose "Allow the Bishops to run councils"

6. The Fifth Laternan Council - Divine Service choose "Allow limited reform of the Liturgy"

7. Sixtus' Social Reforms choose "Make the changes"

8. A Time of Uncertainty choose "Promote their teachings"

9. Humanism is not Heretical choose "Allow the University to teach"

10. Johannes Reuchlin choose "Allow his work to flourish"

11. Erasmus choose "Allow his work to flourish"

12. Martin Luther, Bachelor of Theology choose "Allow his bachelor"

13. Bishop Martin Luther choose "Make him a bishop"

14. Cardinal Martin Luther no choice to be made

15. Pope Leo Dies no choice

16. The Death of Pope Adrianus VI Here it is. You choose Luther, or you don't.

-as for rome itself, maybe some extra events wich would encourage the other players to dow the one that owns rome. and upon releasing it, the player that does; his nation gets some bonuses such as some random tax increase?

Could only be a random event, but I will include one. "Pressure to liberate Rome"

-more implementations in the global event files such as cossacks have if they do not exist, bad events for the player that owns them, each and every 50 years or so.

You mean more events like those, or those ones are not working properly?

I don't believe in goodies events, as you probably have found out. :)

The other events seem to be a lot like the Huge Nation events.

not in any way.big diffrence between having an annoying forced event( also hitting size 200= the player is done, since the event will KEEP rerpeating itself), and something that one can make decisions about....having a temporarry provincial rr gets the player make the choice and not the choice beeing made for him. my bad for word "huge" has a diffrent meaning here, i have in mind a 10rr for example wish would be "huge"(not 400+:D). why?

temporarry 10rr in a province(maybe 15 if a core, or 20 , depending on the "bonus" output ratio and such income calculations). will render that prov. as economically irrelevant or even worse, affecting the tech level for no gain. so as such, the player must make yet another time based decision as into what to do with the prov...release it, keep it becouese has university, let it defect, and so on. maybe in some cases provoking an intentional defection to another human( if provincial BASED event, it could easilly trigger AGAIN for the NEW owner, as long as it falls in the same time frame command??right?;)). so imagine that NOT owning some particular province would be rather a "positive|" bonus...

There is no single path, but instead each event/choice makes it more or less likely that the ai will continue in that same path toward or away from reform.

The choices at each point should be fairly obvious as to which is reformist. You can change direction at virtually any point (except right near the end).

Here's the most direct way.

1. Reform at the Council of Siena choose A

2. Pope Martinus V Dies choose A

3. The Council of Avignon choose "Curb Indulgences, and relax land ownership"

4. Conciliar Theorists choose "Allow the deabte"

5. The Fifth Laternan Council - Controlling the Synods choose "Allow the Bishops to run councils"

6. The Fifth Laternan Council - Divine Service choose "Allow limited reform of the Liturgy"

7. Sixtus' Social Reforms choose "Make the changes"

8. A Time of Uncertainty choose "Promote their teachings"

9. Humanism is not Heretical choose "Allow the University to teach"

10. Johannes Reuchlin choose "Allow his work to flourish"

11. Erasmus choose "Allow his work to flourish"

12. Martin Luther, Bachelor of Theology choose "Allow his bachelor"

13. Bishop Martin Luther choose "Make him a bishop"

14. Cardinal Martin Luther no choice to be made

15. Pope Leo Dies no choice

16. The Death of Pope Adrianus VI Here it is. You choose Luther, or you don't.

ok, sounds good, but why then chain finished at #10 or #11? also MOST of those events themselves do not warn the player that choosing option "X" will stop the alternative reformation. especially someone new to the mod, and not only, will have absolutelly no idea what choices to make and suerlly will choose option "b" at some critical point.

the point is that altabbing ALL the time to check events looses the "flavour" at least, and a "casual" eu2 player might not even know how to check event files in the first place.

so , if rome switching ownership IN-BETWEEN this above mentioned events; those are not ,for sure , affecting some "alt.reformation=yes" flag down the line?

You mean more events like those, or those ones are not working properly?

those work perfect, as intended. just saying that maybe there could be a few more similar regions as such in concept, albeit neither one having same command specifics as another does. example, a human teutions not releasing boyar league will trigger every 50y(or whatever) some sort of events with loosing the tax colectors, etc( the more choices in the event, the better, even if all "bad")

Last edited:
- the "elite slaves" leaders for egypt have an offensive stat of 4 with bonus 5(just the first ones are 3 and a couple more later). basically egypt would always have a 5 offensive stat leader wich especially in mp gives them the BEST overall leader file in the whole mod. that is a huge advantage. maybe decrease it at least by 1.

- al andalus. if reduced to 3 provinces, it seems that the shiite conversion event( the main one to change the state religion itself after the capital conversion) never triggers.

- the "give concessions" option in one of the random events has a -2 bb option. it triggers quiet often at times. maybe make it -1 since overall there are 3 (or more?) bb reducing events. it is a good thing and spices things up, just that , as i said already, it is just a tad too much

- the britanny +1 bb events, for each core it gets, does not have a second option, to at least give the player a choice. maybe a "b" options where player does not get the core but instead has a -1bb event, and thus one could balance the 7bb he gets by keeping french culture?

- the sack of bagdad( and thus the loss of cot) seems that it works only for il khanate( maybe KOJ but i have not tried it). maybe make that event "universal", or even better a provincial based event, so anyone can have the option to make that cot dissipear, for various reasons.

- likelly mentioned before,an AI al andalus seem never able to colonize( rarelly have seen 1 or 2 colonies at most), even if it clearlly has the economic capability.

-cyprus. when tag switches to this country(upon KOJ vanishing), most times one needs to rehost, since the peace option does not remain highlighted( and thus can not demand/offer at all).likelly this has to do with the eu2 engine(similar whit that bug of not beeing able to dow certain countries all of a sudden, unless rehosting).

just a fun screenshot:D

- if calipath and egypt are at war with KOJ at the same time ALL provinces are inherited by calipath even if egypt has sieged most of them. in mp this would rather "annoy" an egyptian player.

-at least for mp purposes(competition), scotland should be able to keep celtic culture if moving capital south.otherwise they would keep having a much lower manpower(+ the british isles should be able to have a decent economic output, if fully united).

-al andalus. in all possible combinations, staying sunni( and thus not converting) is much more profitable for a human player.yes, the shiite militarry bonus is a big advantage but not worth at all when have to convert highlly populated provinces. in order to do this maybe all al-andalus proper(main cores) should have 100% conversion options for each and every one of those provinces(the ones that this nation starts with)?

- a few events regarding hansa: london, flanders and frienze; if any of those provinces are beeing occupied by someone else events shall trigger where the player has to make some choices. maybe for novgorod as well. as such, it would cut down AT LEAST on the sometimes neverending wars hansa ai gets into.also a good mode of simulating mp interactions and encourage nations to break the hansa cot monopols ( and as a result she would be inclined to choose a more land oriented path?)

-sindh and other asian nations, especially indian ones. ai events that break force vassalship with humans ("check vassal") every 10 years or so. becouse this nations are not fully developed, any human with muslim religion can diploannex them way too easy and then gain grait advantages at very cheap costs. so a human as such would be forced to actually conquer this nations in wars.

- hungary: if she manages to diploannex ragusa earlier, the ragusa province shall loose its shypiard( hungary often ends up with TWO shipiards in the adriatic).

- nordrige ai does not war norway when it should (earlly game) almost never. and the few times it does it has 0 success, i would argue mostlly becouse the small norway forts. same goes for norway, can defend but can not beat the more superior economic nordrige . = this whole region keeps staying in a stalemate = scotland never gets involved and so on. somehow EITHER norway OR nordrige shall be able to make some headways in the earlly period.

- golden horde is rather always inactive post 1500's.except for the teutons and finland sometimes, this whole region becomes way too "quiet" therafter.

- just in 1.07, bohemia going reformed( event choices) happens only about 1 in 4 games, much less then it used to before.

- the "peasents revolt" in south germany during refomation. the tax colectors dissipear and there is NO EVENT letting a human know that they do...except only for the country that gets the event itself. so, if a human swabia has 2 of this provinces for example, he will have NO idea that the tax colectors are gone and he should build them again.(one of this little inconviniences , but quiet annoying in this case).

- the south american revoltees seems to had been delayed to well after 1780's in most cases. this is rather late in game for a human/ai make any sort of diffrences... those revoltees (and the colonial events that increase rr, revolts etc) shall be made available in the earlly decades of the 18th century.more flavour, more fun, and more things happening to keep players intreasted and involved in americas( especially in mp where getting such events 30 years before end game has almost no impact at all on the gameplay itself). having revoltees appear as earlly as 1700 would be much easier to "justify" in an ahistorical mod...

-if "puritans" spam in "isle royale" for example they get by default castilian culture...so as such makes a rather odd result. i have seen an anglosaxon province, with an english tag, having castilian culture and monarchs:p
-based on the comment made just above, all american revoltees should not have "castilian" as a pre-determinated given culture. a few have english cultures, but if finland colonizes there, again it gives very ODD results...

Last edited:
- the "elite slaves" leaders for egypt have an offensive stat of 4 with bonus 5(just the first ones are 3 and a couple more later). basically egypt would always have a 5 offensive stat leader wich especially in mp gives them the BEST overall leader file in the whole mod. that is a huge advantage. maybe decrease it at least by 1.

Good point. Done.

- al andalus. if reduced to 3 provinces, it seems that the shiite conversion event( the main one to change the state religion itself after the capital conversion) never triggers.

Intentional. States under pressure tend toward conservatism, not reform.

- the "give concessions" option in one of the random events has a -2 bb option. it triggers quiet often at times. maybe make it -1 since overall there are 3 (or more?) bb reducing events. it is a good thing and spices things up, just that , as i said already, it is just a tad too much

OK, Done.
- the britanny +1 bb events, for each core it gets, does not have a second option, to at least give the player a choice. maybe a "b" options where player does not get the core but instead has a -1bb event, and thus one could balance the 7bb he gets by keeping french culture?

Here's the deal. If you go for the act of Gallic Union that's when you get to make the decision. Choose action_b "Do not threaten stability in Gau".

Otherwise the other events just trigger off from Gallic Union, when you own each individual province, rather than en masse.

For 7BB you get 7 cores and french culture. That's a very cheap price to pay.

- the sack of bagdad( and thus the loss of cot) seems that it works only for il khanate( maybe KOJ but i have not tried it). maybe make that event "universal", or even better a provincial based event, so anyone can have the option to make that cot dissipear, for various reasons.

This is a culturally-specific event. Only Hulagu has such a hatred of the caliphate as to want to thoroughly destroy the great city of baghdad, probably the greatest city in the world in 1419. Were are not talking mere looting here (which already has a hard-coded effect) we are talking RAZING the place, as the Mongols did historically.

Definitely not giving this ability to every country, or we'd have to have such an event for every city in the game.

- likelly mentioned before,an AI al andalus seem never able to colonize( rarelly have seen 1 or 2 colonies at most), even if it clearlly has the economic capability.

I will check it's ai files. Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a problem, although I checked and copoed the names to the files to ensure it wasn't a transcription error. But unless they choose 'peaceful' they don't get an explorer until 1511.

-cyprus. when tag switches to this country(upon KOJ vanishing), most times one needs to rehost, since the peace option does not remain highlighted( and thus can not demand/offer at all).likelly this has to do with the eu2 engine(similar whit that bug of not beeing able to dow certain countries all of a sudden, unless rehosting).

Yes, I believe this is the case.

- if calipath and egypt are at war with KOJ at the same time ALL provinces are inherited by calipath even if egypt has sieged most of them. in mp this would rather "annoy" an egyptian player.

Game system. I think they default to the country that has a core on them, or owns the capital, but I am not sure. This would need to be a decision by the players to edit this.

-at least for mp purposes(competition), scotland should be able to keep celtic culture if moving capital south.otherwise they would keep having a much lower manpower(+ the british isles should be able to have a decent economic output, if fully united).

I will correct that. I have added events for gaining anglo-saxon culture and regaining gaelic culture.

-al andalus. in all possible combinations, staying sunni( and thus not converting) is much more profitable for a human player.yes, the shiite militarry bonus is a big advantage but not worth at all when have to convert highlly populated provinces. in order to do this maybe all al-andalus proper(main cores) should have 100% conversion options for each and every one of those provinces(the ones that this nation starts with)?

Definitely not 100%. They already get 5-6 free provinces to convert, out of 9 or so. Of course, if Al-ndalus has made the decision to take over northern africa, then it has a LOT of traditionalist territory to convert, and I can see why Mutazilism might be a poor choice. That's for the the player to determine.

I'll add Castille and Catalunya and one random colony.

- a few events regarding hansa: london, flanders and frienze; if any of those provinces are beeing occupied by someone else events shall trigger where the player has to make some choices. maybe for novgorod as well. as such, it would cut down AT LEAST on the sometimes neverending wars hansa ai gets into.also a good mode of simulating mp interactions and encourage nations to break the hansa cot monopols ( and as a result she would be inclined to choose a more land oriented path?)

OK, I don't follow. Are you suggestig that we have events that, say, have the ai-Hansa offer up those provinces instead of fight for them?

That would make sense for Firenze, certainly, although Flanders they ought to fight for, being so close and a COT. London, probably, although we'd want the triggers to be careful. If the Hansa own more of England they should fight for London.

I'll make the Firenze (Siena) and London events.

-sindh and other asian nations, especially indian ones. ai events that break force vassalship with humans ("check vassal") every 10 years or so. becouse this nations are not fully developed, any human with muslim religion can diploannex them way too easy and then gain grait advantages at very cheap costs. so a human as such would be forced to actually conquer this nations in wars.

Opinions on DA vary widely. I don't like it, others do. Past attempts to limit it with events such as these have been poorly received. I agree that it is too powerful. At this stagebI don't want to touch the issue again. (But i will for 1.0!)
- hungary: if she manages to diploannex ragusa earlier, the ragusa province shall loose its shypiard( hungary often ends up with TWO shipiards in the adriatic).

I'll add NOT = { owned = ragusa } to the triggers for the ai-only Shipyard event for Hungary.

- nordrige ai does not war norway when it should (earlly game) almost never. and the few times it does it has 0 success, i would argue mostlly becouse the small norway forts. same goes for norway, can defend but can not beat the more superior economic nordrige . = this whole region keeps staying in a stalemate = scotland never gets involved and so on. somehow EITHER norway OR nordrige shall be able to make some headways in the earlly period.

Well, we changed the opening structure for Nordrige. It used to auto-DOW Norway, and the predictability of this was bad for Nordrige and the game. Scotland no longer has the events to get it involved in Norway and gain the culture etc.

- golden horde is rather always inactive post 1500's.except for the teutons and finland sometimes, this whole region becomes way too "quiet" therafter.

Included 20 ai-only events with careful triggers to get the Horde attacking westwards after 1500.

- just in 1.07, bohemia going reformed( event choices) happens only about 1 in 4 games, much less then it used to before.

That's too infrequent. Should be the reverse. When I have finished the build I will run it a few times and check for myself. Then I will do the labourious task of checking the paths.

- the "peasents revolt" in south germany during refomation. the tax colectors dissipear and there is NO EVENT letting a human know that they do...except only for the country that gets the event itself. so, if a human swabia has 2 of this provinces for example, he will have NO idea that the tax colectors are gone and he should build them again.(one of this little inconviniences , but quiet annoying in this case).

If Swabia owns two German provinces but does not get the Peasant Revolt event then those provinces do not lose their tax collectors. Events only effect provinces owned by the player for whom they trigger. So I don't see how this can occur.

- the south american revoltees seems to had been delayed to well after 1780's in most cases. this is rather late in game for a human/ai make any sort of diffrences... those revoltees (and the colonial events that increase rr, revolts etc) shall be made available in the earlly decades of the 18th century.more flavour, more fun, and more things happening to keep players intreasted and involved in americas( especially in mp where getting such events 30 years before end game has almost no impact at all on the gameplay itself). having revoltees appear as earlly as 1700 would be much easier to "justify" in an ahistorical mod...

The thing is, these nationalist events have already been advanced about 50 years. I think the late game in MP is fine, as players struggle for suremacy and one another's colonies are in revolt.

-if "puritans" spam in "isle royale" for example they get by default castilian culture...so as such makes a rather odd result. i have seen an anglosaxon province, with an english tag, having castilian culture and monarchs:p

I do not understand your use of the word "spam" here.

How can something have castillan monarch but the tag ENG? Could you explain all this a little more acrefully for me please.

-based on the comment made just above, all american revoltees should not have "castilian" as a pre-determinated given culture. a few have english cultures, but if finland colonizes there, again it gives very ODD results...

I ... don't get any of this. It isn't clear to me what is happening.

Last edited:
If Swabia owns two German provinces but does not get the Peasant Revolt event then those provinces do not lose their tax collectors. Events only effect provinces owned by the player for whom they trigger. So I don't see how this can occur.
everytime i play any nation and i happen to own ANY of those provinces scripted to loose tax colectors....i loose them even when even triggers for bavaria for example even if i play another nation. just try it.

The thing is, these nationalist events have already been advanced about 50 years. I think the late game in MP is fine, as players struggle for suremacy and one another's colonies are in revolt.
yes but most mp's die down by 1750's even:(. it is a value "gameplay" issue.nobody will struggle to change much when there are only 30 years left to play...

I do not understand your use of the word "spam" here.

How can something have castillan monarch but the tag ENG? Could you explain all this a little more acrefully for me please.
spam = revolting
casepoint: isle royale has been colonized by scotland. anglosaxon culture. it revolts and the new nation is named "puritans" but they had spanish monarchs and castilian STATE culture( while the province was anglosaxon)...

more important. if ANYONE releases or gets revoltee in ALL south and central america. the STATE culture is ALWAYS castilian and not the culture of the country that DID colonize the province in the first place... those revoltee nations shall ALL adopt the culture of the country that did colonize them( default)

I ... don't get any of this. It isn't clear to me what is happening.
the default set-up file for revoltees in america.related to the point above

Last edited:
everytime i play any nation and i happen to own ANY of those provinces scripted to loose tax colectors....i loose them even when even triggers for bavaria for example even if i play another nation. just try it.

I have never seen this happen. I ran some tests using the Peasant's War event. It did not remove tax collectors from any province unless Bavaria owned it. I have no personal experience to back up your assertion and no-one else has ever reported this in Interregnum, vanilla or any other mod, to the best of my knowledge.

yes but most mp's die down by 1750's even:(. it is a value "gameplay" issue.nobody will struggle to change much when there are only 30 years left to play...

The mod still needs to be believable. At least, to me.

But I gave this some more thought.

If nationalism is predicated on the advancement of a particular society to a point of education, progress and enlightenment, this is represented in-game by arriving at Infra 10 (and to some degree also the slider settings for Serfdom and Aristocracy).

Accordingly, instead of having a year date as the only determiner for nationalism events, we can make it tech-and-slider based.

In this way, the events will trigger much earlier for a player than, say, for the ai, although we can also have a minimum time as well.

I will have a quick look through the file and see if the work can be done before Sunday.

spam = revolting
casepoint: isle royale has been colonized by scotland. anglosaxon culture. it revolts and the new nation is named "puritans" but they had spanish monarchs and castilian STATE culture( while the province was anglosaxon)...

more important. if ANYONE releases or gets revoltee in ALL south and central america. the STATE culture is ALWAYS castilian and not the culture of the country that DID colonize the province in the first place... those revoltee nations shall ALL adopt the culture of the country that did colonize them( default)

the default set-up file for revoltees in america.related to the point above

This freaks me out.

I will need to do some research on this one. I have zero idea how this could be happening.

This freaks me out.

I will need to do some research on this one. I have zero idea how this could be happening.

Nothing serious. From revolt.txt:

ROY = {
no = POR
no = ASU
date = { year = 1526 }
expirydate = { year = 1600 }
minimum = { 117 }
extra = { 115 116 }
capital = 117
group = latin
culture = iberian
religion = catholic
ai = "principality_portugal.ai"
}

culture and religion ought to be removed.

not sure how it happened, but as al andalus i been left with PERMANENT 6 RR in its 6 or 7 main cores. tried the shiite version if this detail helps. i think the 1490's(or around then)event, that decreases this specific rr, never happened, (like it does when staying sunni) . i think that the order the events triggered was diffrent since i approached the conquest of north iberia in a diffrent order/manner as well.

an extra "safety" event,based on year trigger, and not related to any others, with -6rr in those specific provinces, shall fix the issue without posiblly creating new ones.

Last edited:
Nothing serious. From revolt.txt:

culture and religion ought to be removed.

same as to regards to all the other american revoltee tag set-ups.

I have never seen this happen. I ran some tests using the Peasant's War event. It did not remove tax collectors from any province unless Bavaria owned it. I have no personal experience to back up your assertion and no-one else has ever reported this in Interregnum, vanilla or any other mod, to the best of my knowledge.
i guess will just have to edit this balifs when it happens:D not sure if you understood me what to look FOR , or simplly did not notice it yet, since it is a quiet "hidden" detail( and that is WHY, becouse not knowing, players must been playing WITHOUT tax colectors in certain provinces:p)

The mod still needs to be believable. At least, to me.

But I gave this some more thought.

If nationalism is predicated on the advancement of a particular society to a point of education, progress and enlightenment, this is represented in-game by arriving at Infra 10 (and to some degree also the slider settings for Serfdom and Aristocracy).

Accordingly, instead of having a year date as the only determiner for nationalism events, we can make it tech-and-slider based.

In this way, the events will trigger much earlier for a player than, say, for the ai, although we can also have a minimum time as well.

I will have a quick look through the file and see if the work can be done before Sunday.
sunds as a good solution, i like it too, maybe implement it for a future version and not right now?( just in case it could raise/create some new bugs or such things)

however.... reaching infra/trade 10 would still not be any diffrent but by contrarry...even in sp can not reach those before 1790's due to the ahead of time penalty.
but making this new nations possible and tying them to infra/trade 9 would suerlly make a diffrence;)

Last edited:
however.... reaching infra/trade 10 would still not be any diffrent but by contrarry...even in sp can not reach those before 1790's due to the ahead of time penalty.
but making this new nations possible and tying them to infra/trade 9 would suerlly make a diffrence;)

Ahead of time penalty gone for 1.08, except for Naval.

Ahead of time penalty gone for 1.08, except for Naval.

you mean the impossible penalty that has been imposed in previous versions ;). i am pointing towards the penalty that the eu2 engine itself contains for each and every tech level.

ok, the first one triggered but the other 2 never...

Code:
###########################################################
#
# Age of Feuds and Chicanery
#
###########################################################

event = {
	id = 200555
	random = no
	country = CRD
	name = "Age of Feuds and Chicanery"
	desc = "In the 15th century the Sultanate of Al-Andalus was still very much a feudal state. In many places, loyalty to town and tribe still superceded loyalty to the Sultan and most cities retained their own laws and customs. Often the only thing that kept the realm from deteriorating completely were the hordes of Jewish bureaucrats and Arab gentry committed to maintaining the country. The problems of the realm were complecated by the many feuds within the Nasrid royalty, which truthfully was blessed with more fecundity than good sense."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1427 }
	offset = 185
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1427 }

action_a = {
		name = "Sigh. Allah save us ..."
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = technology which = torthodox }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 429 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 430 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 437 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 438 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 440 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 441 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 442 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 443 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 444 value = 6 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 445 value = 6 }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 200556 #slept by crusade event 881031 
	random = no
	country = CRD
	name = "The Many Gambits of Muhammed IX"
	desc = "Sultan Muhammed IX, the Left-Handed (also the Sly, the Snake, or the Jackal Prince), ruled Al-Andalus for nearly thirty years -- although not continuously. Spending most of his reign(s) fighting his rivals and family, Muhammed IX was desposed outright thrice, exiled twice (once to Morocco, once to Barbary), and coronated four times. Due at least in part to the Muslim taboo towards killing other Muslims, particularly royal persons, Muhammed IX had a talent for ressurrecting his own political career. Defeated utterly in 1445 by Sultan Yusuf, Muhammed IX was stripped of his every supporter and possession but still managed to escape imprisionment. By February 1447, the Sly Sultan succeeded Muhammed X, who he served as an advisor for eleven months. Though clearly one of the least (or most) fortunate of all Sultans, Muhammed Left-Hand did much to ensure a clear line of succession in the later years of the Nasrid Dynasty by steadily whittling down the number of competitors to the throne."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1454 }
	offset = 185
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1455 }

action_a = {
		name = "Good Lord..."
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 429 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 430 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 437 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 438 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 440 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 441 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 442 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 443 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 444 value = -2 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 445 value = -2 }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 200557 #slept by crusade event 881031
	random = no
	country = CRD
	name = "The Fall of Boabdil"
	desc = "Although a hot-headed man, Mulay Abu-l Hassan proved to be one of Al-Andalus's most able Sultans, bringing order to a country tired of bickering and infighting. It was therefore an unwelcome shock when Mulay's own son usurped power from the aging Sultan, an event that led to Abdul Hassan's untimely death during a riot in Zargossa. Mulay's son was crowned Muhammed XII but proved to be a miserable failure as a leader, earning himself the knickname Boabdil the Little. Fearing for the fate of the realm, Boabdil's uncle Abd'Allah-ez-Zagal betrayed him to Mulay's enraged supporters and helped place the old Sultan's nephew, the Shepherd Boy, on the throne of the Sultanate. It was ultimately this last act of treachery that brought an end to an era of deceit."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1492 }
	offset = 35
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1493 }

action_a = {
		name = "Long live the Shepherd King!"
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = technology which = latin }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 429 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 430 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 437 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 438 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 440 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 441 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 442 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 443 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 444 value = -4 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 445 value = -4 }
	}

you mean the impossible penalty that has been imposed in previous versions ;). i am pointing towards the penalty that the eu2 engine itself contains for each and every tech level.

OK, that remains, as it should.

I have never failed to get to level 10 trade and infra.

OK, that remains, as it should.

I have never failed to get to level 10 trade and infra.
:)i am sure you have not reach it in let's say 1700:D

as you know every trade/infra level has a "hardcoded" year where when each level becomes available at regular costs(and not impossible ones when counting in ahead of time penalties).

so for infra/ trade 8 this is 1690 or 1700?(or 1745 i seen in agceep i think). no human( unless using cheating passwords) can possiblly reach infra/trade 8 before this date. therfore tying american revoltees to trade/infra 8 makes more options available.

infra/trade 9 can not be reached before 1745 or 1740. tying the american revoltees to this levels is ok, but in mp for example reaching both of them at this date is rather impossible.

infra/trade 10 becomes available in about 1770( in agceep since here it has been made impossible last versions). again, in MP this would be rather impossible to reach before 1800(both of them).

Well, did event 881031 occur?
not sure wich one would that be, but this 3 events above shall not depend on anything else. i mean having 6 rr permanent is not fun, since the main provinces basically loose a lot of economic output overall. also having forever revolts in there is very annoying since player can not do anything about it.

Last edited:
one more important thing i noticed. civil wars by regular conditions hapens much less here then in vanilla/watck and even agceep. one can stay at -3 for decades...at least in my cases, or maybe i just always get "lucky";) trying to remeber ONE time at least when i had CW in this mod...no such luck:D.