• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok, thanks but I noticed that the game gets CTD when I click on my province (riga the only one I've had time to add)

ok, thanks but I noticed that the game gets CTD when I click on my province (riga the only one I've had time to add)
You need to have a party in power. You can change this in the .inc file for it to be the case on startup (it will say something like "ruling_party = XXXX "). Each party id needs to be unique for each nations. See "...\db\parties\" for examples of parties.

It's working now and there havn't been any problems.
now I think I can be happy:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How do I play as Finland?

Hey!

I would want to play as Finland (GC proffered)
How do I do that?

I have an issue with the new country I tried to make...
The political parties won't come up in game.
I've tried a few things, and everything else works but these parties. Ruling party just says "none" in-game. I didn't spot anything wrong with them, but here they are anyways:
country;id;name;start;end;ideology;Economic;Trade;Religious;Minority;War;Culture;Religion;Status
U00;11601;Liberal Party;1830;2000;liberal;interventionism;free_trade;pluralism;full_citizenship;pro_military;all;all;x
U00;11601;Conservative Party;1830;2000;conservative;laissez-faire;protectionism;pluralism;limited_citizenship;jingoism;all;all;X

Any reason they won't work? Any ideas?

EDIT: OK, any time I try to put in a party, it won't work. Even existing countries and existing ID numbers. No error message, just... nothing...

Last edited:
Nation from start

I tried to make a nation following the steps in the guide, well, i did everything the same but got a few problems so something got wrong in the middle.

I tried a simple nation with one province for start, i used the Uxx in my case i choose U10 and not U00, dunno why.

The nation is to be played from start, i removed the province from his previous owner and did everything in the guide, and i added the U10 in EUG file.

Everything is ok, game load, nation show up with the right name and flag at selection but it's also here where the problem starts. First it shows prestige, ind. power and mil. power all -1, and in the right, the map dont show the nation in the correct province, wen i try to start the game got a CTD.

i added the nation in the EUG file but didn't add any line telling the computer to read the new nation, like OHgamer say some posts back, could be the problem, i didn't do that because i dont know lol.
Another thing, i have Victoria complete which means it have revolutions, the tag i use is also in use with nations in revolutions exp?

Sorry for my noobness, i guess i need a dumber guide lol... i suck at this :D

country;id;name;start;end;ideology;Economic;Trade;Religious;Minority;War;Culture;Religion;Status
U00;11601;Liberal Party;1830;2000;liberal;interventionism;free_trade;pluralism;full_citizenship;pro_military;all;all;x
U00;11601;Conservative Party;1830;2000;conservative;laissez-faire;protectionism;pluralism;limited_citizenship;jingoism;all;all;X

1. I'm pretty sure that id range is already used. Use the 284000 what is in the first post.

2. You have some spaces in some parts, put them together.

3. Your parties are using the same id.

4. Leave blank space at the end of the document.

Everything is ok, game load, nation show up with the right name and flag at selection but it's also here where the problem starts. First it shows prestige, ind. power and mil. power all -1, and in the right, the map dont show the nation in the correct province, wen i try to start the game got a CTD.

It doesn't have effect on anything, you can leave it that way. However if you want it to show those, you have to load the edited scenario (when you get it to work), save it, and then open the save game and copy the capital/province/total/prestige/military/industry (the stuff with lots of random numbers) parts and overwrite the old ones in the eug file.

i added the nation in the EUG file but didn't add any line telling the computer to read the new nation, like OHgamer say some posts back, could be the problem, i didn't do that because i dont know lol.

The computer can't just magically read your intentions. You have to do exactly what is supposed to do or it won't work.

There are 2 parts in the eug file where you add new nation:

1. Put tag in the selectable nations list which is the first thing to come up when you open eug.

2. Then scroll way to the bottom where there are lines like this:

include = "scenarios/gc/????????????.inc"

Then just add another line with the name of your country file.

Just research what makes existing countries work in the game and apply it to your country.

Another thing, i have Victoria complete which means it have revolutions, the tag i use is also in use with nations in revolutions exp?

Yes if I understood.
There is no difference between Revolutions and pre-Revolutions except Revolutions use some U20-U30 tags.
Of course if you now have pre-Revolutions installed and add the country you are making, you have to edit something again if you install Revolutions because it overwrites stuff.

Got it, everything is working, still a few critical errors while loading game but look like the game runs well even with those errors, and if i save and load again no critical messages apear again unless these ones:

---(type= 6/ID=7504)
does already exist---

Got 7 of them, my guess is that i'm using same leaders or party file from another country, but is just me, i dont know much about changing files :D

Another thing, is there a way to change province name in the map?
For example: Paris shows in the strategic map Paris, same as for province details etc.
What i wanted to know is if i can change the name Paris to another one, i looked around and found a few files with province names but dont change the name in the map, maybe is some GFX thing.

I have done everything as described, but I have two major problems:

When the new country appears (via an event), the provinces are black and not White, which is what I have set in the country.csv. In addition, the units that belong to the nation are TOTALLY black.

I make an event for China to declare war on the new country as well as trigger an event for the new country. The event fires and triggers the other event, but China is not at war with the new country, nor is the new country at war with China.

Here is the event:

event = {
id = 12512
random = no
persistent = no
country = CHI

trigger = {
exists = U00
NOT = {
war = { country = CHI country = U00 }
}
NOT = {
peace_treaty = { country = CHI country = U00 }
}
}

name = "EVT_12512_NAME"
desc = "EVT_12512_DESC"
style = 0

date = { day = 12 month = january year = 1851 }

action_a = {
name = "Crush the rebellion!" #Declare War
command = { type = war which = U00 }
command = { type = trigger which = 19500 } # U00
}
}

What version do you have? IIRC if there is no UXX tag and you use that then it will appear as black. Also, if you rename the actual tag part it can do this too.

As for the event, well the actions trigger the peace event straight away, making it look like the war never happened. You would need a seperate event to trigger the other event if you wish to have the war.

I am using Victoria Revolutions 2.01 Mac UB v1.4

What do you mean there is no UXX tag? U00 works fine for everything else when it comes to making the guide. And in my game, U20 to U33 are taken, just like they are in other versions...

I also don't see how the event triggers peace between China and U00. One command declares war and the other triggers an event for U00. How does that make peace happen?

I changed things around so I could use the DAI tag instead of U00, and while that fixed the "provinces and units turn black" issue, I still can't get China and the new country to go to war.

I tried changing the above event to a pure declaration of war, but that didn't work.

I tried having events for both China and the new country where they declare war on one another, but neither did.

I even tried saving and reloading, since that is what sometimes is needed in VIP, but no luck there either.

I am just going to give up for now...

I deleted them all and reverted back to the old China.txt, but thanks anyway.

But now instead of using the settings in event_text.csv, I am getting "China had EVT_12515_NAME happen to them"

I might have to manually go back and change all the stuff in China.txt to what it should take from event_text.csv...

Modding this game can be more trouble than it's worth...

Just ensure that you make backups. I think adding some deathdates and an offset for your previous event (as well as removing the trigger which instantly fires the peace event) will make it work okay. You can also use either localised or non-localised text for events.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Got it, everything is working, still a few critical errors while loading game but look like the game runs well even with those errors, and if i save and load again no critical messages apear again unless these ones:

---(type= 6/ID=7504)
does already exist---

Got 7 of them, my guess is that i'm using same leaders or party file from another country, but is just me, i dont know much about changing files :D

I've just recently been fiddling around with files and trying to get it to work and I had this exact same problem... I assumed it was party files but I tried deleting the parties with the ID numbers listed and nothing changed.

Although your case has you creating a nation out of another and having both exist simultaneously while I was attempting to have a nation make itself into a different nation completely mid-game, I think the same principle may apply.

I analyzed closely the three hurrahs event for Prussia into Germany to see if I could figure something out to no avail, it seemed I'd done everything right.

Then I realized that the leader ID were the same set of numbers as a nation's party ID!

There were four errors for different ID numbers, which earlier I'd assumed to represent parties but as soon as I realized they were leaders I got it all figured out.

The four leader IDs were the original leaders created for the game who hadn't reached their deathdates yet (two hadn't actually been born yet). Since the new nation's leaders were a copy of the old, my first instinct was to cut these out of the new nation's file.

Reloaded it, got nothing.

It didn't work. So I switched it around and kept the leaders for the new nation and got rid of them for the old one.

Bingo

No errors whatsoever. Interestingly, the leaders added by VIP had no problem- it was just the originals.

So write down the ID numbers you're getting errors on and open the leaders file for the original nation (victoria/db/leaders/whateverfileyou'reusing -I use notepad to fix em) find those same numbers and erase those entries. If you've copied the leader file and made it into your new country's file, you can leave it, it just needs to be edited out of the old one.

Also, maybe this is just from the new VIPR3 but in my files the worldname and realated ID for countries between U00-U19 are being used. However, U97 and a few others following it are left open titled User Defined. I did all my work for a new nation using U97 and as long as there's consistency nothing will go wrong.

I have lots of questions..

How can I use a tag that is U00-U19 when those tags are already occupied by VIP countries? would it work if i used the tag U90 (the lowest unused tag)?

Do I have to remove any province IDs from one country in order to let my new country have the provinces?

Will the new country appear at the beginning of the game or does it need to be triggered or released through an event?

also when I start the game I get a series of errors in my revolts.txt saying things like missing lines or unrecognized line. but I can just spam ignore and load the game anyways.