• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rofl: Holy ... !

I have to agree this is madness! Or better still the beginning of something awsome!

So will the Brown Bolshevik aka. Emo-Hitler :p lead the Internationale torwards worldwide Syndie domination or will gluttonous Herman Göring smash this Puny-upstard with his stalwart Askaris!;):D

Wow...Had ten minutes - logged on - read the AAR - wow. In sum, Kurt, not only happy birthday but well done.

:rofl: I love the pic of Hitler... :D

Me too. I saw it this very morning and, when I was conviced that I wasn't having a brain trauma from last night celebration party, then I got the idea for the whole Interlude. :D

:rofl: Awesome AAR.

Welcome aboard!

Holy crap kurt! You hit gold with this opening volley ! I'm loving it along with the genuine amazing humour at the end there ! Love it love it love it !

Thank you thank you thank you! But don't miss the real fun of the chapter...

Interesting. I wonder how close Duckie will make Hitler to history? I wonder if we shall see familiar events or no?

This is getting more and more like canonized's AAR everyday :p

Duckie making something close to History? It's like asking Peti not to eat pizza. He'll try, I promise, he'll try.

Or Käthe will beat his balls again...

:rofl: Holy ... !

I have to agree this is madness! Or better still the beginning of something awsome!

A bit of both, methinks and hope.

So will the Brown Bolshevik aka. Emo-Hitler :p lead the Internationale torwards worldwide Syndie domination or will gluttonous Herman Göring smash this Puny-upstard with his stalwart Askaris!;):D

Mmmh, good point. If Adolf turns red, what about the brownies?

Shit, always thinking about eating... Well, they have Strasser...

Erm... well, let's hope that Duckie has something better than that for them.

Wow...Had ten minutes - logged on - read the AAR - wow. In sum, Kurt, not only happy birthday but well done.

Thank you very much, Le Jones!

All in all, gentlemen, don't get carried away by the joke. There is much in store. Blitz and storms, for instance.

Are Katherine and Duckie only online friends, or do they know each other physically? I'm already confused...:D

Game is set in Kaiserreich universe, right? If so, Hitler should be a warhero that never reached a rank above Sergeant, not an emo singer. Emo singer sounds better, tho.

Why in the world is Duckie choosing Hitler of all people to lead Germany? I'm all for alternate history and all, but I just can't see that lousy artist leading anything but a bunch of beatniks. I suppose he'll try to threaten Europe with his bad paintings, eh?

Are Katherine and Duckie only online friends, or do they know each other physically? I'm already confused...:D

You can see the degree of physically by the fact that Katherine's foot kicked the humble parts of Duckie when he made her go berserker.:D

Indeed.

Game is set in Kaiserreich universe, right? If so, Hitler should be a warhero that never reached a rank above Sergeant, not an emo singer. Emo singer sounds better, tho.

Yes and no... I decided, willingly, perversely and unconsciously -I forgot that Hitler was a warhero...- to turn him into... well... that.

Wth!
No one invited me!!!
Btw, a great aar! :D

Thanks! Only for this Finland will be spared.

Why in the world is Duckie choosing Hitler of all people to lead Germany? I'm all for alternate history and all, but I just can't see that lousy artist leading anything but a bunch of beatniks. I suppose he'll try to threaten Europe with his bad paintings, eh?

Duckie is a madman, you see. He couldn't find anyone more pathetic. Well, he could, but he didn't try.

gogo Kurt!

We go, we go, we go!!!!

Zeitzlers musings on saddling the shame of surrender upon the government remind me a great deal of Weygand's pleas to Reynaud, insisting that the state, not the army should surrender. I wonder if his plan will work - if the German defeat is anything like in OTL WW2, the army will be disbanded and recreated.

:rofl: I love the pic of Hitler... :D

Hitler always looks nice in pics, starting from a very young age I'd say. :p

Hitlerbaby.jpg

Anways, awesome update Kurt. Go, go, go and bring more updates. :D

Good writing, I'll be following this one!

Minor nitpicking, though:
The wiki entry has an original 'German' name, which is absolutely wrong grammatically and in parts even nonsensical. ;)

"Junger Kunstlerens Bewegung für eine Bessere Deutschland"

Should really be

"Bewegung junger Künstler für ein besseres Deutschland"

This has always been a pet peeve of mine - authors including texts in foreign language without consulting a native speaker or someone who can check the correctness of the text. ;)

Hitler always looks nice in pics, starting from a very young age I'd say. :p

I'll have nightmares from now on...

Zeitzlers musings on saddling the shame of surrender upon the government remind me a great deal of Weygand's pleas to Reynaud, insisting that the state, not the army should surrender. I wonder if his plan will work - if the German defeat is anything like in OTL WW2, the army will be disbanded and recreated.

Just of Weygand? No one else? ;)

Every war gives rise to a conflict between the political and the military leadership. Victory sometimes glosses over this (no one remembers the Allies bickering in WW1 about who should have the last word about the direction of the war effort). But when a nation is defeated, this problem appear in its full "glory". It's as if the leaders of a beaten army, when the end comes, no longer cared about the country that they can no longer protect but how to preserve their military honor. That happened in 1940 in France.

And somewhere else in 1918... ;)

About wether Zeitzler is going to be successful or not... we'll see... Some twists, of course, must be expected.

Update coming on this weekend.

Good writing, I'll be following this one!

Minor nitpicking, though:
The wiki entry has an original 'German' name, which is absolutely wrong grammatically and in parts even nonsensical. ;)

"Junger Kunstlerens Bewegung für eine Bessere Deutschland"

Should really be

"Bewegung junger Künstler für ein besseres Deutschland"

This has always been a pet peeve of mine - authors including texts in foreign language without consulting a native speaker or someone who can check the correctness of the text. ;)

Ach so... As I use to say in these situation, my German s*****.... Correcting the mistake at once. Thanks a lot, pndrev!

The corrected version has been uploaded.

If it's any consolation: I've seen a lot worse than that even by professional TV writers who should have a staff checking these things...

I also think that it's good to include these original / foreign languages, especially in a fake wiki source - it adds a lot of authenticity. So, don't stop, and maybe your German might even get better over the course of this AAR. ;)

In the following chapter I'll start a new use, that is, to pay a little homage to my favourite AARs and AARtists by using, with all due respect, one of his most popular chAARacters in a cameo here. Guess who's...

Chapter 3.

Second set - The Failure of a Republic.

Berlin, 18h November, 2003

sharontate.jpg

A pile of books, a wilderness of sheets, booknotes and magazines, some boxes here and there, a picture of Sharon Tate hanging on the wall, and, lost among that bizarre mixture of chaos and order, good old Duckie, eyes closes, a hand on his cheeck, thinking about his new AAR.

Loving is fun when the dangers begun
And you're makin' me run again

Third set - The Brown Bolshevik.

Munich, August 9th, 1921

The young officer was sweating in the cold officer. Looking at the sacred face of his superior made him to feel uneasy and that morning was not an exception.

-Thus, what is it so odd with the last butch of prisioners returning to the fatherland, leutnant?

As usual, leutnant Baumer felt at a loss at word. Hauptmann Röhm had always that odd effect upon him.

-Well, erm... it's not the whole... erm...

-Well, leutenant?

-It's two of the fomer prisoners, her Hauptmann.

-And the problem is?

-There are two prisioners that, according to what his kameranden have told us about them, seem to be quite influenced by the Syndicalist disease, herr Hauptmann. It has been reported that they were talking openly about the... erm..., the "goodness" of the Syndicalist international brotherhood and the evil of the so-called Imperialist criminal regimes, herr Hauptmann.

Röhm, with an amused look on his eyes, watched carefully at the poor leutenant and, after some seconds of silence which just made the young officer more and more unconfortable, just asked:

-Do you know the names, I suppose?

-Schwartzman, Jakob and...

-Schwartzman? A Jew, perhaps?

-Yes, herr Hauptmann. From Berlin. Moabit.

-How amusing... and the other dangerous revolutionary's name?

-Hitler, Adolf Hitler.

Röhm kept his sickening smile on his cared faced for a second and then, with an unholy mirth dancing on his eyes, asked:

-Then we shall keep an eye on them, don't you think, leutnant Baumer?

When you're calling I'm climbing the wall
I know that I'm only to blame

Duckie, still lost in thoughts, took a look on what he had just scribbled and, partially satisfied, he rose from the chair, wondering about what the heck would be doing his beloved Ashexee. Grinning broadly, he kept to himself the images that those thoughts have awoken in his mind and then he felt something approaching fast towards him.

He turned, ready to face his attacker.

But not too fast and then...

A furry being landed on his face, all purrrs and wet tongue.

-Little Bastard! Keep quiet, you mad cat!

Afeter a few seconds of figthing, Little Bastard, the pet of Duckie, returned with a happy snort to his sleeping place, leaving his master spitting cat hairs for a while.

-If you think that's the way to ask for your meal...

-Meow?

Duckie just looked at the face of the cat. He could have bet that his pet was broadly grinning at him.

-Little Bastard... I knew I was right when I named you like that...

Feels so divine when you're close to the line
And there's reason to run

In Käthe's room

Käthe's eyes were lost among the black roads of words she had just thrown over the paper while the music flooded her ears and her fingers lingered over her sking, under her clothes.

Make me wait it's a beautiful ache
I know that it's part of the game

It is argued that Generaloberst Kurt Zeitzler was under the effects of a severe nervous breakdown -which would later be the official explanation from his removal of command hardly a few weeks later-, but this explanation does not seem to sustain when faced with the precise operation that Zeitzler executed on the following days. Until he moved on that fateful day of July 2th, 1944, nobody in the Reich had even an inkling of what was going on in his mind. On the morning of that day, he began by informing the Reich Chancellor, the prematurely aged Franz von Papen zu Köningen, through his liason officer, colonel Walther von Schrader, that the High Command had formed the opinion that a reconstruction of the Government or its extension on a broader base had become necessary. At the same time he ordered the Reich Chancellor to come at once to General Headquarters.​

I've got mud on my face
From every thrill of the chase
But I'm fine

First set - The Failure of a Revolution.

Berlin, July 2th, 1944

Franz von Papen rose form his chair and called for his asistant. He couldn't hide his surprise at the unexpected turn of events which had, from one day to the next, made the High Command to embrace the cause of parliamentarianism to which they had not only never embraced but loathed with fierce resentment. And now that...

-Johann, arrange a meeting with Generaloberst Zeitzler for this very evening and call the Secretary of State to come with me.

Then, still wondering about what was Zeitzler having in mind, he turned hestiantly towards the window, too gaze at the empty sky of Berlin.

vonpapen.jpg

Never power did look so lonely and frightening, isn't it, Herr Chancellor?

[...] Then, only late in the afternoon, did Zeitzler consider necessary to acquaint the Kaiser, his superior, of his intentions. He went down to Postdam and gave him an exposé of his thoughts about the need of offering peace and armistice [...]. The Kaiser listened to him deeply moved and shocked. He was not able to even reply and sunk to a complete silence. Just after a few moments the Kaiser rised his head and asked wether that steep was necesssary, and Zeitzler replied without hesitation. The fate of Germany looked sealed.

However, we do not still now for sure wether Generaloberst Zeitzler informed Wilhelm III his entire plan or -as it is more probable- he disclosed to him only the military side of it as he had earlier revealed the political side to the Chancellor.

Thus, with military precision, with the element of surprise playing a decisive role and using the old rule of "divide et impera", Generaloberst Zeitzler prepared himself to save the army and to betray Germany.​

interlude2.gif

Interlude​

The pale face of the man told plainty of the disaster, but, nevertheless, it had to be asked again.

-Have you reported to the Black Room?

He nodded and gasped for air, but he couldn't find forces to articulate any coherent sound. Then he felt an invisible hand closing around his neck, pressing over and over again. But the man opposing him had not moved a finger and just looked coldly at him. The invisible hand kept pressing and, when the world was going to fade into a dark abyss, the pressure simply vanished and a calmed voice questioned again:

-Thus, do you really mean that the Timepiece is, simply, gone? Is that what you mean, Heinz?

-Ja, Brigadeführer. The Timepiece has vanished.

Helmuth Wolf just turned from the gasping officer and shuddered at the thought of having to report to the Reichsführer about what had just been told. Reinhard Heydrich was not known for his forgiveness.

Last edited:
Heydrich, I feel, is going to be a major antagonist in this, great update btw!

Hmm the kaiser is being tricked , Hitler is prepping himself and the timepiece is missing ! Great chapter kurt :D