• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our group never had good luck with Valkyrie anyway.. we've been using Hamachi for 2 years now with better results... and we have a lot of games under our collective belt (we play 5 nights a week, about 4 hours/night)

I think he means that Jews are greedy and since paradox is closing down the net, because of lack of profit (Or in this case too much costs for not enough interest), he says they are kinda similar to them (My explanation).
Yeah, well...

Lets leave the religion out of this.... as it has NOTHING to do with why this was done.... along with the fact that it is a bannable offense.......

Vaguely, but at this point there are so many Jewish ethnic groups that it's hard to group them all together... sort of like the Irish and Scottish. Diasporas will do that to a people.

Anyway, on the topic on hand...

bull.....i have a bot pc in the lobby most days and many games are started there on a daily basis, you obviously wont see them once the game is started....and also many new faces have been playing as well!......why not just downsize vnet to one channel for all paradox games?

Well, obviously, I can only speak for myself, but I REALLY haven't seen much activity there. Maybe I'm just on at all the wrong times, but I know that I'm not alone in having no luck. *shrugs* Though downsizing all the old games into one room might work... I think, though, that they're just trying to cut it out entirely and use something completely different for the newer games.

Though downsizing all the old games into one room might work... I think, though, that they're just trying to cut it out entirely and use something completely different for the newer games.

It just seems to make more sense not to kill it entirely until the newer game is in fact out. if people get frustrated and give up on the old game they might not come back for the new. they might get engrossed in a game like empire:total war for example.

Snoopy does make a good point though.

For regular players like us it wont make much difference but for new players itll stop all games for them as most groups are hesitant to play with noobs.

Empire total War and SC2 are going to overshadow HOI3 by a mile this year so itll be interesting to see how this unfolds and wether it impacts on HOI3 sales.

Though after many years of VNET i guess all good things come to an end.

I play mp everyday on vnet with at least 10 others that are joining the game or want to join any game. This is bad. This is where I meet all the people I now enjoy playing multplayer with. It's frustating to say the least. Someone should seriously reconsider. Look to what the people want.

There has been a declining interest in Valkyrienet, the matchmaking server running for the old Europa Engine games, over the last few years, while maintenance and running costs have still been running high.

In early April, we'll be shutting it down permanently, when we are moving offices.

Multiplayer over the internet will still be possible through direct IP.

This does not affect EU3, Rome or HoI3 multiplayer games.

Well, we have been talking about this, and it seems that while games will go forward regardless, and the more experienced players are more than capable of dealing with this, and also organize on forums, Valky still provides a vital communication system for the community, especially new players, and there are many of these still playing on the HOI II system.

No doubt such communication will be revitalized when HOI III comes out, but in the interim it might make sense, in terms of keeping the community together to put this off until after HOI III comes out, if that is at all possible.

That seems to be the consensus.

At the very least there should be a pointer leading players to a clear set of instructions about what is going on and where to go for games, since many people simply load the game, go to the MP function, click on the Valkyiernet link, before they know anything about Paradox Forums, and so on.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The dream is over, noouuu! :(

Anyone got pics of valky to remind me of the good old times? :D

Fortunately we have Hamachi.

I suggest that people who don't already have it, download this simple free utility that creates a virtual game room, with a pretty good chat function.

I took the liberty of setting up a new Hamachi Network for general use called ValkyII. You need a password, and the password is the same as the name. Anyone can Download hamachi and then link up to that Network, and chat online and set up games through that network.

I don't know how it will work with a substantial number of players accessing it, but its worth a try as a new meeting place. If everyone uses it, and knows about it, it could become a very useful place, so spread the word.

Also, we will continue to be hosting games on the EIR II mod, and the MEM mod, through IP and Hamachi at Lord Ederon's, its an excelent community of Hardcore HOI II players, so if you are still in the game, sign up at Eds: Domain of Lord Ederon.