• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually 'provinceculture = x' seems to work, it's the 'NOT = { provinceculture = x }' that doesn't work, and which is what I wanted to use.
"seems"... Result is always true (or false) when a provinceculture condition is used. It was tested long ago and we don't use it at all. See here.

What do you all think about making random events regarding these changes? As in Russia (+possibly some minors) gets random "culture conversion"-events, as does Sweden (+possibly other nation).

I entertained this thought but I've decided against it for three reasons. Firstly, random events fire seldom, so I would have to write more events than currently - there would be more clutter. Secondly, having this as a random event would decrease the chance of getting 'real' random events and thus would decrease the enjoyability mod. Thirdly, once province is changed there would be no way to sleep this event since the provinceculture condition doesn't work.

"seems"... Result is always true (or false) when a provinceculture condition is used. It was tested long ago and we don't use it at all. See here.

I could have sworn it worked for me a couple of times when I initially checked it. I just tested it again though and you're right, it doesn't work :(.

Sweden gets Baltic culture only later on don't they? In that case we have to consider whether the province should be accepted before they get Baltic. I think it shouldn't be accepted due to predominantly the Livland cities being German and Latvian by population. It's OK for Estland to be accepted, seeing as it's predominantly Estonian.

Sweden gets Baltic culture only later on don't they? In that case we have to consider whether the province should be accepted before they get Baltic. I think it shouldn't be accepted due to predominantly the Livland cities being German and Latvian by population. It's OK for Estland to be accepted, seeing as it's predominantly Estonian.

There is a recent proposal to give Sweden Baltic culture in the 17th century, yes.

Ok, but I think that the reason for giving Sweden Baltic culture would be the same as for converting ugric provinces to russian culture; to get rid of unjust penalties. I really don't understand why you want to refuse this for Sweden, when you on the other hand want to reward a similar "bonus" to Russia. There were few or no Russians in those provinces, but you want to facilitate Russian ownership - so why bring up that culture issue regarding Livland?

Ok, but I think that the reason for giving Sweden Baltic culture would be the same as for converting ugric provinces to russian culture; to get rid of unjust penalties. I really don't understand why you want to refuse this for Sweden, when you on the other hand want to reward a similar "bonus" to Russia. There were few or no Russians in those provinces, but you want to facilitate Russian ownership - so why bring up that culture issue regarding Livland?

I never said I'm against giving Sweden Baltic culture in the 17th century event. I said that before that they should not be accepting towards the province seeing as they never ruled over Germans or the Baltic people.

The primary reason I want Livland Baltic is that it's a better representation for the 1419-1820 period. Also, we only have three provinces to work with for the Latvians and Estonians. Currently Estonia has two provinces (Estland and Livland), while Latvians have only one (Kurland). Latvians were more populous of the two.

Ok, I misinterpreted your post. I apologise and have nothing to add on the issue. :)

No worries.

I assume the events I've suggested are a go for now, so I'll post similar events for Sweden later in the day. I also need to do such events for the potential revolter Finland. I've noticed though that Finland does not have an event file, a leader file, or a monarch file. I will try to make each one of these if I can find enough information. Could someone tell me which ID's I can use? I expect about 6 monarchs, 2-3 leaders, and up to ten events.

Sweden must get baltic culture till the end of the northern wars (1721), so events that swedish gain and loose baltic culture must remain.

livland should be baltic culture

Sweden should not get german culture even though they ruled/governed german Bremen, Mecklenburg, Pommerania.

estonia, livland, courland memel should never change culture to russian culture.

No worries.

I assume the events I've suggested are a go for now, so I'll post similar events for Sweden later in the day. I also need to do such events for the potential revolter Finland. I've noticed though that Finland does not have an event file, a leader file, or a monarch file. I will try to make each one of these if I can find enough information. Could someone tell me which ID's I can use? I expect about 6 monarchs, 2-3 leaders, and up to ten events.

your event number 271054 seems odd in that russia had no influence in the area till after 1721. the 17th century begining for this event seems odd in that this area was part of the swedish empire.

all other events seem fine

your event number 271054 seems odd in that russia had no influence in the area till after 1721. the 17th century begining for this event seems odd in that this area was part of the swedish empire.

I wanted to give Russia three chances to convert Kexholm without overlaping the start and enddates. Such overlap might cause the same event with the same description to fire at the same time which would be stupid. If it just so happens that Russia reconquers Kexholm from Sweden before 1721 they shouldn't have too wait too long for the culture to change back to Russian.

No, provinceculture condition doesn't work.

Provinceculture would make the events better and prettier but it's not neccessary. Without it you will simply get the same event twice, once in the 16th century and then again in the 18th century which is...fine.

EDIT: Here is the Russian event I've alluded to in the Sweden thread:

Code:
#Karelian Exodus from Kexholm
event = {
	id = 271057
	[COLOR="DarkOrange"]trigger = {
		neighbour = SWE
	}[/COLOR]	
       random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271057"
	desc = "EVENTHIST271057"
	#-#After Sweden acquired Kexholm in 1617 many Karelians left the province and settled in Russia. The biggest group came to the town and neighborhood of Tver where they formed a group of Tversky Karelians.

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = population which = 278 value = 3000 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 278 value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = SWE value = -10 }
	}
}

EVENTNAME271057;Karelian Exodus From Kexholm;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST271057;After Sweden acquired Kexholm in 1617 many Karelians left the province and settled in Russia. The biggest group came to the town and neighborhood of Tver where they formed a group of Tversky Karelians.;;;;;;;;;;

EDIT2:

I've added provincecontrol triggers to all my events in post# 957. Also, the description for Kexholm events was modified slightly to look prettier.

For the sake of consistency, the following changes should be applied also:

Code:
#(1500-1820) Russian settlement in Ufa
event = {
	id = 271040
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 453 data = -1 }
		[COLOR="Yellow"]control = { province = 453 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 453 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271040" #Russian settlement in Ufa
	desc = "EVENTHIST271040"
	#-#The efforts to move orthodox settlers into the steppe and Russify the region have paid dividends in Ufa.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }
	offset = 8500
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 453 value = 2 } #Ufa
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 453 value = russian } #Ufa
		command = { type = population which = 453 value = 10000 } #Ufa
	}
}
#(1500-1820) Russian settlement in Samara
event = {
	id = 271041
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 454 data = -1 }
       		[COLOR="yellow"]control = { province = 454 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 454 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271041" #Russian settlement in Samara
	desc = "EVENTHIST271041"
	#-#The efforts to move orthodox settlers into the steppe and Russify the region have paid dividends in Samara.

offset = 8500

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 454 value = 2 } #Samara
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 454 value = russian } #Samara
		command = { type = population which = 454 value = 10000 } #Samara
	}
}
#(1500-1820) Russian settlement in Volgograd
event = {
	id = 271042
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 458 data = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]control = { province = 458 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 458 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271042" #Russian settlement in Volgograd
	desc = "EVENTHIST271042"
	#-#The efforts to move orthodox settlers into the steppe and Russify the region have paid dividends in Volgograd.

offset = 8500

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 458 value = 2 } #Volgograd
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 458 value = russian } #Volgograd
		command = { type = population which = 458 value = 10000 } #Volgograd
	}
}

#(1500-1820) Russian settlement in Uralsk
event = {
	id = 271043
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 455 data = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]control = { province = 455 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 455 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271043" #Russian settlement in Uralsk
	desc = "EVENTHIST271043"
	#-#The efforts to move orthodox settlers into the steppe and Russify the region have paid dividends in Uralsk.

offset = 8500

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 455 value = 2 } #Uralsk
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 455 value = russian } #Uralsk
		command = { type = population which = 455 value = 10000 } #Uralsk
	}
}

#(1500-1820) Effect of Russian Occupation in Bogutjar
event = {
	id = 271005
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 451 data = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]control = { province = 451 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 451 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271005" #Effect of Russian Occupation in Bogutjar
	desc = "EVENTHIST271005"
	#-#After Russia took control of Bogutjar, Tatars were progressively assimilated.

offset = 8500

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 451 value = russian } #Bogutjar
	}
}

#(1500-1820) Effect of Russian Occupation in Saratow
event = {
	id = 271004
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 452 data = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]control = { province = 452 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		provincereligion = { province = 452 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271004" #Effect of Russian Occupation in Saratow
	desc = "EVENTHIST271004"
	#-#After Russia took control of Saratow, Tatars were progressively assimilated.

offset = 8500

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 452 value = russian } #Saratow
	}
}

Last edited:
About RUS_271057, I suggest to replace the trigger with:
Code:
	trigger = {
		neighbour = SWE
	}
There is no need to check if Tver is owned (Karelians will be lost if Tver is not owned... but this is affordable). Checking triggering event is a mistake and will cause a CTD.

Better check if Russia and Sweden are simply neighbour.

About all the events for Sweden and Russia, what are the ones that should have fired at start of 1648 scenario? It is obvious for SWE_291043 and corresponding RUS triggered event but I need help for others...

Same question for 1520 scenario

Last edited:
About RUS_271057, I suggest to replace the trigger with:
Code:
	trigger = {
		neighbour = SWE
	}
There is no need to check if Tver is owned (Karelians will be lost if Tver is not owned... but this is affordable). Checking triggering event is a mistake and will cause a CTD.

Better check if Russia and Sweden are simply neighbour.

Oops, I should've checked before posting. Fixed.

(Karelians will be lost if Tver is not owned... but this is affordable).

Poor Karelians:(

About all the events for Sweden and Russia, what are the ones that should have fired at start of 1648 scenario? It is obvious for SWE_291043 and corresponding RUS triggered event but I need help for others...

Same question for 1520 scenario

For RUS, the following event should be marked as already-happened in the 1520 scenario:
- 271044 (Russian settlement in Vladimir, 1st).

For 1648:
- 271044 (same as above),
- 271045 (Vladimir, 2nd),
- 271046 (Olonets, 1st),
- 271048 (Arkhangelsk, 1st),
- 271049 (Arkhangelsk, 2nd),
- 271050 (Karelia, 1st),
- 271052 (Keksholm, 1st),
- 271055 (Kola, 1st).

For SWE, no events should be marked in 1520 (the startdate is 1523).

For 1648, only one event for SWE:
- 291043 (Swedish rule in Keksholm, historic).

In case you were wondering, the Kalmyk migration I've suggested earlier should be marked already-happened in 1648, and Kalmuk changed to Buddhist.

Last edited:
In case you were wondering, the Kalmyk migration I've suggested earlier should be marked already-happened in 1648, and Kalmuk changed to Buddhist.
This one was easy. ;)

But as a rule, modders should inform if events have an impact on scenarios (see here at the bottom of the post). I can easily handle provincetax, provincemanpower and other provincial changes but this is sometimes hard for complex sequences and especially for marked events. This is also a way for modders to check if everything is right.

Anything that can spare my time when including proposals for AGCEEP is welcome! Remember I also have to work on the source code. :)

Last edited:
This one was easy. ;)

But as a rule, modders should inform if events have an impact on scenarios (see here at the bottom of the post). I can easily handle provincetax, provincemanpower and other provincial changes but this is sometimes hard for complex sequences and especially for marked events. This is also a way for modders to check if everything is right.

Anything that can spare my time when including proposals for AGCEEP is welcome! Remember I also have to work on the source code. :)

No problem, I will try to follow the guidelines more closely from now on.

new event

#(1632 - 1638) Russian Bellicosity - Historical
event = {
id = 2710058
trigger = {
owned = { province = 285 data = POL } #smolensk
}
random = no
country = RUS
name = "EVENTNAME271058" #Russian Bellicosity
desc = "EVENTHIST271058"
#-#Russia hoped to recover the tracts east of the river Dnierp which Poland had wrenched from Muscovy during the times of troubles. The Russians invaded Poland and laid siege to Smolensk.

date = { year = 1632 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { year = 1638 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME271058A" #Invasion
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -400 }
command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 15000 }
command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 8000 }
command = { type = treasury value = -350 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = POL value = 120 }
}
}