• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Varcislaus said:
Matty said about great general : " I don't think we need a historical figure, we can just make one up. "

Ya, but Jan Zamoyski is just so kewl and kinda fits teh timeframe.

polish leaders :

Macko z Bogdanca (general)1419 - 1425
Zbyszko z Bogdanca(general) 1419 - 1440
Marcin Długolij(general) 1490 - 1510
Stanisław Kowalski(great general) 1588 - 1640 dormant = yes
Jan Sobieski (general(rank 2 movement 4 fire 4 shock 5 siege 1) ) 1648 - 1689
Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski(general) 1650 - 1664 dormant = yes
Hieronim Augustyn Lubomirski(Monarch) 1695 - 1702 dormant = yes
Janusz z Koła(explorer) 1600 - 1611 dormant = yes
Krystian Arktowicz(conquistador) 1621 - 1656 dormant = yes

Um, well, maybe I could change how I write your name.

Sorry, no disrespect was intended. :eek:o

What do you think about giving the Polish throne to some OTL noble family, instead of fictional descendants of Jagiello? There was a couple of interesting families that time. For example, the Tarnowski, Lubomirski or Koniecpolski families. IMHO, their main advantage that they are both historical (I like alternative history, not historical fiction) and they have very little (if any) Ruthenian or Lithuanian roots (which suits them to possibly rule an Interregnum Poland)

@ Varcislaus -> I'm totally smashed. Zbyszko and Maćko as leaders :D What about Skrzetuski, Zagłoba, Kmicic and Wołodyjowski? :)

@ Anazagar -> I'm afraid Zamoyski doesn't fit into the universe. Zamosc is located on terrains owned by Halych, IIRC...

Jedrek in interregnum lithuania was crushed by crusade , in orginal line in polish
throne there are fictional piast familly members . In alternative version when
Poland reemerges under great rebelion polish throne is inherited by noble families :
Hieronim Augustyn Lubomirski 1695-1702
Stanisław Leszczyński 1702-1766
Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski 1790-1830.

:rofl: Skrzetuski, Zagłoba, Kmicic and Wołodyjowski? Maybie i ad them in next version ;)

PS.
Jedrek Zamoyski founded zamosc , not named after it .

Last edited:
:eek:o Let's say I did not say anything about Zamosc, OK? Looks like I had a strange mind blockout while writing that post...

I am working on the Polish event series at the moment.

Please add more leaders and monarchs.

MattyG said:
I am working on the Polish event series at the moment.

Please add more leaders and monarchs.

its great , i will post something tommorrow .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i know that was long tommorrow :)
some leaders :

Domarat Grzymalita 1425 - 1444
Gniewomir Nałęcz 1431 - 1465
Jakub Odrowąż 1460 - 1490
Mikołaj Czarny 1545 - 1560
Piotr z Goniądza 1550 - 1575
Grzegorz Paweł z Brzezin 1550 - 1589
Jan Kiszka 1580 - 1602
Krzysztof Piorun 1595 - 1620
Andrzej Wiszowaty 1638 - 1670
Radosław Słominko 1655 - 1666
Janisław Kruk 1700 - 1733
Herbert Zyndram Trąba 1766 - 1799

i will post some material this week .

Last edited:
some monarchs :

Jan Tarnowski 1527 - 1558
Jan Krzysztof Tarnowski 1558 - 1567
Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski 1640 - 1667
Aleksander Michał Lubomirski 1668 - 1677
Hieronim Augustyn Lubomirski 1677 - 1706
Jan Aleksander Koniecpolski 1706 - 1719

Great.

I have finished the intial events for the Polish Brethren sequence, which sees frovibces 299 and 300 both become very difficult for any Catholic owner and can result in the emergence of an independent Reformed Poland.

Next, the same events if Poland still exists, or rather, the push for it to become Reformed.

Polish-speakers help!

I am contintuing to work on the Polish events and for the text I need some Polish words.

1. If the new Poland emerges it is going to have a nominally-secular government, rather than a strict monarchy. I'd like to have a name for this.

2. The state will want to sell off church lands and will create a special, low-quality coin to represent the future value of the sales of these properties, similar to the French 'assignats'. I'd like to have a name for this 'fiat' currency. Please don't use the current Polish word for its currency. :)

3. I need a name for a revised legal system, one which sweeps away the 'German towns' and their old rights, and the German common law which had come into use in the 1100s. It is replaced with a new set of legal principles based on the individual and its relationship to the state.

Thanks,

Matty

Varcislaus,

Thanks for the miedziak.

Given the religious nature of the liberation movement, no doubt the new administration will have a strong influence from religious leaders. It could be that this is similar to the 'second estate' model, or House of Lords in which the catholic bishops had an established role in a parliament. Except that it needs to be updated for a reformed faith structure. There would be no bishops anymore, but a directly-elected parliament may be to big of change for Poland.

Perhaps an elected king and an elected council, most of whom would likely be senior religious figures?

This would suit Kowalski (the general) who will find it easier to manipulate an oligarchy than a true parliament, but I have thought to create an serious political opponent to Kowalski whose aim is to establish a parliament and limit Kowalski's influence.

Is there a good Polish word for "senate"?

Senat :). Or Sejm if you want the lower chamber or parliment. There is also the term Generalność - it was the name of the government of Bar Confederacy (a revolt against the king and Russia in XVIII cent), it consisted of only 4 people tho.

And about that cities Nowe Prawo Miejskie (new city law) but thats not rly imaginative.

I have been reading a bit more about Polish history (very interesting, and not at all what I expected) and I have a few questions and things to run past you.

1. It seems pretty clear to me that from 1419 the Polish monarch ought to be the Sejm, not whichever elected king sits on the (relatively) powerless throne.

2. The game needs to adopt from the AGCEEP the Polish events related to the concessions made by each king prior to election. Alternatively, someone needs to write up an alternative set, but this does seem like a lot of work.

3. If Poland is re-formed through the religious-based revolts under Kowalski, there needs to be a struggle over the future of the Sejm. There will be many szlachta who will want a return to the Golden Liberty, and many of these individuals will have bankrolled the armies and might expect to get their way. Plus, the szlachta is about more than just entrenched land ownership, it's also a cornerstone of Polish culture in the period. But there will be many who feel it important to limit the power of the magnates. For others, the reformist doctrine forces the Polish state to look more closely at the rights of peasants.

For this last point, I'd like to suggest that it gets simplified, depending on the time it happens.

If Polish emerges during the life of Jan Zamoyski, then Kowalski will be likely be outmanouvered politically. Although a member of the Sejm, Kowalski will be primarily a military leader, at least until Zomoyski's death.

Zamoyski will negotiate a leaner, meaner Sejm, abolishing the old liberum veto and forcing the Senat to become an elected body, essentially the executive of the government, elected from within the Sejm.

On Zamoyski's death, Kowalski will get himself elected to the Senat and begin concentrating authority there, using the threat of foreign invasion as the premise for increasing powers. Kowalski's goal will be to have himself elected king, although he will be scuppered in this goal: the best he can acheive is king during his own lifetime, as an honourary title, with the kingship being abolished on his death.

However, if the re-formed Poland emerges after Zamoyski (1606 onwards) then we find the principal political leadership weaker and Kowalski will have an easier time of things. Poland will be less-well served, of course. Kowalski insists on an elected king, and that the country essentially return to its original 'constitution', with the exception of the liberum veto. However, does not get elected himself initially and remains at odds with the Sejm, focusing on campaigning. With the death of the king in 1631, Kowalski is elected, but demands a pacta conventa which grants the king numerous executive powers. near his death Kowalski forces the Sejm to pre-elect his heir under the same conditions. Later, with the heir's death, the kingship is returned to a mere figurehead.

Great history Matty but i was hoping that in Interregnum King will have more power.
We dont need to adopt concesion events , better write about king who tries gather more
power and szlachta chalenging him.
Name for senate could be "Wysoka Rada" (something like High Council)

Last edited:
I just checked the INT2 map downloaded from one of the threads... Is the province of Opole. IRL, in 1419 the Duchy of Opole was outside Polish jurisdiction, just as it is in Kasperus' map. Is there any specific reason behind this fact?

Honestly, I'm not for fantasy monarchs, at least in the first century of the game. Perhaps instead of making up fictional Piasts, some RL ones, such as the Masovian or Silesian lines?