• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh I forgot to award you one, sorry. For excellence in AARland, you have been awarded a Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

woohoo! thanks! *off to add that to my signature*

i think the reasons for with denmark are pretty plausible in this scenario (actually a lot better than the usual "we have to protect the polish minority in denmark" :D ) but puppeting denmark instead of an outright annexation might have been a better option for the outcome. but hey, denmark can always be released if they finally understand their mistakes ;)

Although it is nice to gain Denmark, Iceland and Greenland (what is the usefulness except a port..) it is also immoral, the government starts to move more in the way of Nazi Germany which did this as well..

Anyway, they deserved it, the honor of the Polish goes for anything...when will we see the event that you described with the restoration of some German territory???

Are you now aiming for Eastern Europe or Western Europe?

Tim

Oh shush
Who cares anyway if this danish affair is plausible or not
The game must bring fun

In HOI 2 Poland is meant to fall -
after 39 no events, Tech Teams dies early, generals have death dates.
In order to play further you need to code alternatives as you play along.
You need to wrote custom events, code AIs, hack saves - you simply mess the game more than you play*.

We should all thanks Robw that he still bothers to continue this AAR with those eye-candy pictures

* Me killed GER about New Year. That was 3.01.1940.
Now is March 1940 and I'm nearly ready to proceed further and I wasn't trying to be plausible at all.
Just cust-event liberated DFR and bribe HUN with Slovakia and ROM with no Vienna Dictate

I have already voiced my opinion about releasing nations and I know your reason not to so I wont go over that again. But you should indeed seriously consider releasing Denmark for historical plausibility. This action has severly hamperd your standing worldwide and keeping them annexed will only namper this even more in realistic tearms.

And it was again a nice upate I had missed it.

Oh shush
Who cares anyway if this danish affair is plausible or not
The game must bring fun

In HOI 2 Poland is meant to fall -
after 39 no events, Tech Teams dies early, generals have death dates.
In order to play further you need to code alternatives as you play along.
You need to wrote custom events, code AIs, hack saves - you simply mess the game more than you play*.
[/SIZE]

What this does not mean that Poland is to get all the countries in Europe. Can develop in many ways, does not want to speak about his aar, written in polish language, but the possibilities for the efficient design of the story is really a lot without resorting to aggression against the defenseless Denmark. I would sooner have seen the Poland on the side of Finland in the Winter War. This was justified by the use of weapons.

I'm following this AAR from the beggining robw, and first, I have to contgratulate for yours achievements so far. I know yours opinion about releasing countries, and I know that after 01.10.1936 you have a-historic game. I do not like to much yours approach (yellow world), that was Hitlers dream, but it is to interesting to stop reading it only for that. You are doing great job, and keep it up.

@Aux_Teergois - I think that the casus beli for war against Denmark actually was there. Poland is not resource independent, like Germany was, and you need to keep your industry safe. Couse in "real life" if Poland would acctually (not likely alone like in this game) conquered Germany alone without theirs allays intervention, polish government wouldn't be pleased. Poland never was "Switzland" (peacefull) and never was "Germany" (agresive). I am preaty sure, that in this situation (refered by robw) Poland would defenately took some actions.

I'm following this AAR from the beggining robw, and first, I have to contgratulate for yours achievements so far. I know yours opinion about releasing countries, and I know that after 01.10.1936 you have a-historic game. I do not like to much yours approach (yellow world), that was Hitlers dream, but it is to interesting to stop reading it only for that. You are doing great job, and keep it up.

@Aux_Teergois - I think that the casus beli for war against Denmark actually was there. Poland is not resource independent, like Germany was, and you need to keep your industry safe. Couse in "real life" if Poland would acctually (not likely alone like in this game) conquered Germany alone without theirs allays intervention, polish government wouldn't be pleased. Poland never was "Switzland" (peacefull) and never was "Germany" (agresive). I am preaty sure, that in this situation (refered by robw) Poland would defenately took some actions.

He has said he is going to stay away from a total WC, but we're not sure what that precisely entails. We can expect a lot more interesting gameplay than just 'conquer x country, then y, then z' though, I'm sure :)

Rob! You conquered my motherland! I'm going to have to have a good think about you.

Seriously though, nice job. I agree that the Denmark casus belli was there, and while I agree a permanent occupation would be silly, simply releasing a pro-Polish puppet immediately would also be ridiculous (how many pro-Polish Danes have there been since Hamlet?). On the map it looks like Poland has annexed Denmark but in my mind I'm imagining you have a sort of 'general government' like the Germans in Poland - just without the horrible things that that entails, I simply mean a locally-run government that is still under jurisdiction of a military occupation.

Regardless, I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry than Danes - looking forward to the diplomatic push for allies in the East! Keep it up.

Ah, a nice new flag. I recommend going for Italy, personally, but Yugoslavia will be a pretty good choice, access to the Med in both cases!
Oh, and it was realistic enough for Poland to invade the Danes. Its what they are there for!

Very very nice AAR, I finally finished reading it all, and I suscribed to see all future updates.

I think the anexation of the Danish was quite well played, mostly because of the casus belli. Your relationship with the UK should be going down the drain rather quickly. I wonder if you also changed events for the french / uk and usa. Because you are taking on the Germany role in the game rather nicely. Even though the invasion of france trough belgium / holland and luxemburg will probably not happen before a war with russia.

Ow on that notice, did you add a BP-event for a polish occupation of Russia?

/Krogzar

Well done Rob, I like the acquisition of Iceland and Greenland in the hope that you will be able to strike the Allies from 2 fronts... So is it safe to say that war against the Allies is more immediate in your plans than war against the Soviets?

Strategic options

wilka011540_2.jpg

STRATEGIC OPTIONS:

1. My primary, immediate goal is a buildup for an invasion of the Soviet Union. Until that goal is met, all decisions will be made to contribute towards that main objective. Current expecation is a May 1942 invasion. I will make overtures towards Hungary and Romania to join me in an anti-Bolshevik alliance which expand to include Finland and Bulgaria.
  2. A secondary more long term goal is to secure a Mediterranean port. This can be achieved with an invasion of Yugloslavia. The main advantage of an invasion of Yugloslavia is that it will allow me to build the beginnings of a land bridge to North Africa (very useful to make resource extraction and strategic deployment easier and more efficient). On the other hand, Yugloslavia may make a good additional alliance member. Possible invasion dates: 1940 or 1941.
  3. As an alternative to an invasion of Yugoslavia, I may consider an invasion of Italy. This would also secure a Mediterranean port and considerably more resources, manpower and IC. Italy is more difficult to conquer however because of its holdings in north and east Africa. Alternatively, Italy could make a useful ally in any possible future struggle with the western alliance. Possible invasion date: 1941.

In the meantime, I'll continue to strengthen my military postion and strive towards the creation of a new Polish led alliance.

Poland expanding south? Sounds a bit ilogical, unless we assume that Warsaw has the conquer malady and then we all doomed...:D

3, then 2, and when everything is finished, strike at 1. You need that IC badly...