• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

marcelo r. r.

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Mar 26, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
Thats kinda new,,

i haven't played Germany since a bit after NSB release, beause i get bored or something..

My german runs i do the Phoney War(i despise also early italian join, i let italy join only after of Paris), then i just keep "sitting" til/10/Apr 1940 (date of atack on nordic countries).
in the phoney war, i do build up aircraft.. thats fit perfect.

1697925182558.png

is it really worth the permanent stability penalty though?
Tested here, not a big deal, my production of figthers go from 4.63/day to around 5.3/day......,
Even if i was outputing 10/day,... will be jump to 12.5, not a game changer...

i take the risk because i still have "improved worker conditions" availiable if stability become a issue.

Last edited:
math here might be totally off, since i'm not taking into account already-existing production output modifiers, but -5% stability = -2% factory output, and -25% fighter cost = +33.3% fighter construction. so 33.3 * 90 / 2 = 1498.5 days or about 4 years before the malus overcomes the bonus (for fighter production specifically). given that the lazy math probably overstates the -2% factory output it would seem that the decision is absolutely worth it.

Reactions:
math here might be totally off, since i'm not taking into account already-existing production output modifiers, but -5% stability = -2% factory output, and -25% fighter cost = +33.3% fighter construction. so 33.3 * 90 / 2 = 1498.5 days or about 4 years before the malus overcomes the bonus (for fighter production specifically). given that the lazy math probably overstates the -2% factory output it would seem that the decision is absolutely worth it.

But it’s not just the stability.

There is a one time hit to war support plus an additional hit to war support for 90 days.

Since war support hurts stability if you go lower than a certain threshold, the impact might be more.