• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Atahan009

Private
Jul 26, 2023
So i have been playing eu4 for about 1400 hours now but all of a sudden all of my paradox games stop working and gives the same error.
Visual c++ launch error and error code 3221225595. Its been like this for 2 weeks and i couldn't find any kinds of solutions.Here is the error for pdx launcher. Then i have the 0x000007b error for eu4.exe. Please help as soon as possible
IMG_0878.jpeg

That error is almost always a missing or bad Microsoft DLLs. Odd thing to happen out of the blue if you've been playing on the same machine without significant change. When did it last work for you?

Try this Windows repair tool:

Did you run that repair tool? If so did it find anything to fix?

Sorry for the late response it was night here. No it didn't find any kinds of problem and it gave this message. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. The restore operation completed succesfully.

In the Windows Control Panel uninstall Visual C++ 2010 and 2015/17/19/22 - there may be several instances of each.

THEN Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

THEN reboot. Is that any better?

I have the visual c++ 2005 and 2008 aswell can there be a problem about that?
No, the game does not use them.

We have one more shot before we have to contemplate a clean Windows reinstall. I'm afraid this is a bit of work, but please delete this list of files (about 50 in total)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mfc100.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mfc100u.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100_clr0400.dll *
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\xinput1 3.dll
C:\Windows\System32\mfc100.dll
C:\Windows\System32\mfc100u.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100 clr0400.dll *
C:\Windows\System32\xinput1 3.dll

* you may need to change user permissions on these two files before you can delete them. If they won't delete, don't worry about them

PLUS all files that fit the pattern d3dx9_??.dll in both those folders; usually about 20 in each. Then re-run those 6 installers above, PLUS
(run dxsetup.exe after extracting this download to its own folder anywhere on your computer)

THEN this Windows repair tool:

Good luck!

Like this?

If so, no, that is nothing to do with DLL files.

Okay. And thank you so much for everything. My other games Hoi4 and Ck3 were not working but after the last dll file deleting fix it actually worked. Other than the Eu4 pink objects and black screen problem,Hoi4 and Ck3 works perfectly now thank you so much!!

I will try to find a solution for Eu4. I have a final question. I have an integrate Intel İris XE graphics card aswell and i don’t know if it is the one working or my Nvidia mx330 graphics card?

Your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/logs/system.log file will show which video system the game is using.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Right click on eu4.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.

Edit that settings.txt to say:

refreshRate=60
fullScreen=yes
borderless=no

vsync=no

Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode.

Does that help? If not, go into the nVidia control panel, Manage 3D settings. Force eu4.exe to run on the "integrated Intel" option, save and exit. Does that work better?

I actually can’t believe this. I literally did a repair windows 11 without losing any data but no this game won’t fix. Other paradox games work perfectly but eu4 no. I did everything you said but no it does not work.