• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did, but they were referring to the Mayor's Edition, which I think also includes the base game? I wasn't sure if the same applied to the Ultimate Content Bundle which I think is just DLCs? I just wanted to check before spending the money, sorry.
It's the same for all the DLC and the base game, and any bundles, regardless.
If you own it on original edition, it will become free on the Remastered edition.
Only exception at the moment is any DLCs/content packs produced post-Airports DLC, which are not currently available on Remastered, but will be late summer.
Once they get released, you will still get them for free for Remastered if you bought them on the original console edition, you just have to wait until then to download for Remastered.
Hope that makes sense.

Why do we console players need to give up our achievements just to have the 25 tiles? I’m pretty sure the universal reaction to this is “that sucks.” Is there anything we as console players could do to get you to give us our achievements and the 25 tiles?

Why do we console players need to give up our achievements just to have the 25 tiles? I’m pretty sure the universal reaction to this is “that sucks.” Is there anything we as console players could do to get you to give us our achievements and the 25 tiles?
Just have 2 saves mate, I'm working on two cities, one just to unlock the achievements and then later I will do a 25 tile city as no longer need to do achievements. It's no biggy. Also, worth noting that the tile extension on pc is also a mod.

I'm more annoyed by the odd way this has been released, and also I would like to see us have a way to update our remastered edition with any missing DLCs at a reduced price, i.e buy 5 CCPs for £5 and then have a choice or an automated way to "fill the gaps". Seeing as cities Cs 2 is coming I would hope this might be offered.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When can I expect the 25 tiles to be available in vanilla PC ?
I don't want to download a MOD for something that has been made available to console players with half the processing power of my PC.
(No offence. I love that you have this option but not allowing it for PC is not really inclusive)

Hi! Will you be releasing the rest of the Radio Stations in the Remaster? I badly need my Paradise Radio while playing and I realize they're only available in the PS4 version but the Paradise Radio DLC didn't carry over to the PS5 Remastered version :(

When can I expect the 25 tiles to be available in vanilla PC ?
I don't want to download a MOD for something that has been made available to console players with half the processing power of my PC.
(No offence. I love that you have this option but not allowing it for PC is not really inclusive)
It will never be done in CSL 1 on PC, I am sure. CSL 2, I would think!

Is there any chance that we will still receive new improvements for this "remaster" version? I missed being able to delete trees collectively, as well as deposit them in random positions in the scenario. It would be of immense help to be able to choose the lanes where vehicles can or cannot follow/curve. Cities Skylines without the Traffic Manager mod is archaic. Some new highway access options would also be helpful.

As you can see from my post in the bug area, the tree deletion bug only affects certain maps so nothing too much to do to avoid that issue.

As for the remastered edition magically getting the mod support, nil to no chance. It's not been designed for console. We have we have, id definitely hope that they will keep releasing content packs and bug fix releases even post cs2 but in all honesty I'd bet that the summer updates this year will be the last we see, and will at least give remastered the same content that the original console edition now has!

Still can't get over how poorly executed remastered has been, to release it and then few weeks later update the base game with even MORE content remastered hasn't got access to is so contrived, I still have to pinch myself to the reality that's what happened!

Why did they even make this remaster? They released it with many features and new DLC missing and CS2 just around the corner
Why waste their time developing it? It is inferior version of the game and we have to wait months for it to catch up.
The game should have came with all DLC to date and the new DLC should release for it on day 1, otherwise why does it exist?
Who is it supposed to appeal to, I can only think it's to encourage new players but why at this stage in the games life cycle?
I think I will just delete this version of the game and spend my time with the standard Xbox One edition.
That's right! I confess the same. I can't even look at this "zero" Remastered version compared to the full Xbox One version. Well, there's also Transport fever 2...

That's right! I confess the same. I can't even look at this "zero" Remastered version compared to the full Xbox One version. Well, there's also Transport fever 2...
My hunch remains that remastered was a separate code branch that they were trying out new capabilities of the newer consoles on, i.e. could it unlock more than 9 tiles, could we improve the road placement etc.

Due to constant demands of the community, someone decided to answer those prayers and release it as a standalone version rather than keep it on the shelf. Evidence of this theory is the very random nature of some of the improvements and the time it's going to take to get the newer content through the SDLC. Trouble was that by the time they made this decision, the original game had received and had plans to receive more updates, and they knew the cs2 announcement was on its way.

This is where they had 3 choices.
1. Hold and release the branch when ready, 2. shelf it entirely or
3. dress it up and do a full release hoping to reinvigorate the console community ready for the cs2 news...

They went with option 3, and it's worked let's be honest, the number of posts, vloggers talking about it tells you that's been a big success.

I'm glad they did tbf, as remastered is decent, it was free (for me) gives a few neat changes and I'm getting a tonne of good gameplay even with the limited content - although we all agree that sucks, If it really bothered me I can just reload the original so it's a win either way. Personally I think it's a noble gesture to have released it, they didn't have to... It could have been mothballed. I just feel that they could have executed on it a lot better.

Reactions:
Hello Paradox.
I have a few questions I hope you will answer.

1. Is there a chance the Map Editor allow us to edit existing maps, in a future update ?
2. Is there a chance you add an Asset Editor ?
3. You said on page 9 of this thread the node limit and tree limit numbers haven’t been increased. Why ? I mean, upgrading a city from 9 to 25 tiles, but not allowing to build more... That makes no sense ! What happens if we reach the node limit, we can’t build roads any more ?

Noone will reply so let me help :)

1. No
2. No
3. Because the remastered code was likely a test branch that wasn't really thought through, they just wanted to see if they could find a way to give us 25 tiles.

On this... I'm yet to see anyone hit the limit mind you, so is the problem a problem or just a concern?

Today Paradox released an Update to unlock the 25 tiles by purchasing them ingame, without having to use a cheat (that disables achievements and building unlocks).
Also, the remaining DLCs „Plazas & Promenades“, as well as „Financial Districs“ were released.
The remastered version is now in line with the base edition.
Some cosmetic packs (like Shopping Malls or the African themed buildings) aren’t yet available, but will surely follow soon.

I think this is a huge step into the right direction.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Today Paradox released an Update to unlock the 25 tiles by purchasing them ingame, without having to use a cheat (that disables achievements and building unlocks).
Also, the remaining DLCs „Plazas & Promenades“, as well as „Financial Districs“ were released.
Some cosmetic packs (like Shopping Malls or the African themed buildings) aren’t yet available, but will surely follow soon.

But surprised there wasn't a bit more fanfare. There was a post on the general forum page by someone but that was it. I realised it only when I logged in and got the 'new content' screen. Can't wait to get them all when there is a discount on ps store :)

Good evening or whatever the type of day may be,

I have enjoyed your game on ps4 via the ps+ subscription and subsequently purchased the game on PC, after a while I also bought some dlc package on a sale a while ago on pc and ps4. Sadly I can't really play on pc because of my specs.

Recently I've bought a ps5 and tried upgrading to the ps5 version, I've been interested in how it performs and to see the new changes. To my surprise I found out that the ps5 version is only free of charge when someone purchased the game. That is fair game in my opinon, but with some bought dlc in the mix I seem to have conflicting feelings about this policy. Wouldn't you view acquiring dlc that is roughly the same price as the base game as deserving of a free upgrade? I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

With regards,

Jim

ps- I've bought the cities upgrade bundle, content creator pack, downtown bundle, industries, mass transit, natural disasters, parklife and the ultimate content bundle.

ps2: - The faq is unclear about dlc purchases. In the first part it says if you've bought dlc then the upgrade is free. But when you have a ps plus version of the game it's not free. So by that logic even if you've bought DLC on top of the ps plus version the free upgrade is not free? It's quite contradictory in relation to the first FAQ because it doesn't state anything about this particular situation.

Last edited:
From the FAQ on page 1:

I have a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines. Why can't I access Remastered for free?
  • If you own a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines that you claimed from the 2020 giveaway of the game on PS Plus, you will not be able to access Remastered for free. You will have to buy the game to own it & get a free upgrade for Remastered.
The DLC you bought are indeed free but as you got the game through PS+ you need to buy the remastered version.
I do not understand the phrasing here on the last part. How is a DLC that is bought free?

You don't need to repurchase the DLCs and CCP packs for the remastered edition, assuming of course you bought them all through the store. That was clear. You must buy the base game and all previously purchased content will be available under the ps5 edition ready for you to reinstall.

I do not understand the phrasing here on the last part. How is a DLC that is bought free?
Because I think you bought the DLC accessories for money in addition to your "free" XBOX ONE base game. No? So the originally "paid" DLC for the ONE version is free for you in the Remastered version. BUT NOT THE BASE GAME, because you didn't pay for it! Was it so? PS4 vs. PS5 is the same.

Because I think you bought the DLC accessories for money in addition to your "free" XBOX ONE base game. No? So the originally "paid" DLC for the ONE version is free for you in the Remastered version. BUT NOT THE BASE GAME, because you didn't pay for it! Was it so? PS4 vs. PS5 is the same.
I didn’t mention any purchase of some sort, only the release of unreleased DLC content for the Remastered Edition of Cities Skylines for consoles.

However, I bought the game as digital version on Xbox in 2017 and also some DLCs in bundles for a discount price.
Since I own all DLCs for the Xbox version of CS, I could download all these contents again for the remaster FOR FREE.

At least on Xbox, it’s possible to purchase DLC for the Remaster that can also be used in the old Xbox version as well. So it works both ways, for owners of the old version, as well as for new players that start with the remaster and the Xbox One base version.

As far as I know, physical disc and PS+ versions are excluded from this deal, which is a pity, but reality.