EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But also

With enough favors, you can demand to instill an heir of your dynasty on their throne. Plus, there is mission trees that hand out PU possibilities.

Yeah but Currying Favors with someone not your ally is next to worthless. Even with an OPM (me as England owning also France) I only get 0,1 Favor per month. I can't really ally everyone that I RM.
Then again, the slot is already taken with the RM anyway I guess.

Where did the trade power go?...from the same Venice game - I have a lot of trade power but no merchant in Genoa. I should be transferring trade power upstream but it does not seem to reappear anywhere.

Genoa, Venice and the english Channel are end node : it means it's the stop for that trade power. And yes you can lose provinces in the League War
It should be the stop point for trade value but the spring of trade power...the display even says I have trade power flowing upstream, just the math in the upstream nodes does not add up.

It should be the stop point for trade value but the spring of trade power...the display even says I have trade power flowing upstream, just the math in the upstream nodes does not add up.
20% of your trade power from provinces gets transferred to nodes directly upstream(for Genoa this would be Alexandria, Champagne, Ragusa, Valencia and Tunis). But trade power from other sources(e.g. the members of your trade league) doesn't get transferred(there is an age ability to transfer ship trade power, but it only transfers 20% of 20% = 4%). If this doesn't explain what you are seeing in your game, please post a few screenshots with the tooltips for all the columns in the row of your country in the trade node window of such a node (and maybe the save itself). Then we can better see and explain your situation

20% of your trade power from provinces gets transferred to nodes directly upstream(for Genoa this would be Alexandria, Champagne, Ragusa, Valencia and Tunis). But trade power from other sources(e.g. the members of your trade league) doesn't get transferred(there is an age ability to transfer ship trade power, but it only transfers 20% of 20% = 4%). If this doesn't explain what you are seeing in your game, please post a few screenshots with the tooltips for all the columns in the row of your country in the trade node window of such a node (and maybe the save itself). Then we can better see and explain your situation
I own Lombardy, so no lack of provincial trade power. It should be showing up in Ragusa and Alexandria...I'll double-check the math when I open the game up next.

I own Lombardy, so no lack of provincial trade power. It should be showing up in Ragusa and Alexandria...I'll double-check the math when I open the game up next.
I just realized that I forgot to mention two details: The trade power is listed as "Transfer from traders downstream" in the rightmost column of the trade power table in the node. And you only get it if you have at least 10 provincial trade power in the upstream node

I just realized that I forgot to mention two details: The trade power is listed as "Transfer from traders downstream" in the rightmost column of the trade power table in the node. And you only get it if you have at least 10 provincial trade power in the upstream node
There was a little blue arrow center-left in the Genoa row with a tooltip saying I was transferring 7.5 tp to nodes upstream...but it seems to disappear before getting to Alexandria and Ragusa. As I say, when I play next I'll double-check.

There was a little blue arrow center-left in the Genoa row with a tooltip saying I was transferring 7.5 tp to nodes upstream...but it seems to disappear before getting to Alexandria and Ragusa. As I say, when I play next I'll double-check.
Double-checked and it is there but not broken down by source in the display. I referenced Ragusa vs Wien and there was an approximate difference of the incoming trade power of that which was coming out of Genoa.

In my PDX EU4 Launcher I have following error next to the latest DLC:
er1.png

Its the same for Scandinavian Unit Pack.

However it looks like DLC is working just fine.
Is it a bug with this version or it is displaying just for me?

Is it a bug with this version or it is displaying just for me?
It seems to be a bug in recent launcher versions. It happens to many if not all people. But it is harmless, because the launcher still allows you to activate the DLCs and the game can verify it just fine.

Reactions:
Is it worth to suppory your own heir as elective monarchy in Poland? I know that other countries get x24 monarch power, prestige and legitimacy if thier heir wins, but what Poland/Commonwealth gets if its own heir wins?
Do I really need a priviledge to support my heir for this?

I cant wrap my head around elective monarchy poland. Playing as sweden, to get a PU CB you need to get your dynasty on their throne. So ive been supporting heir for years now, and got a diplo rep advisor + the diplo rep with pope points. I had most %chance(25) when i got into a war with muscovy (with polands help). When the war was over and I checked poland, they got a new ruler, some polish dude, who was never on the candidates list, or i probably missed? how does this work?

I cant wrap my head around elective monarchy poland. Playing as sweden, to get a PU CB you need to get your dynasty on their throne. So ive been supporting heir for years now, and got a diplo rep advisor + the diplo rep with pope points. I had most %chance(25) when i got into a war with muscovy (with polands help). When the war was over and I checked poland, they got a new ruler, some polish dude, who was never on the candidates list, or i probably missed? how does this work?
Having a 25% chance is exactly what is says, a 25% chance that your candidate will be successful if the current Polish monarch dies. It's RNG who is actually made the next ruler.

Diplo rep and relations with Poland help you to increase your % chance each month, but don't impact the RNG outcome on monarch death.

Reactions: