• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Peepijeep

Second Lieutenant
15 Badges
Jan 15, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I dont understand the pre ftl primitive mechanic, even after reading wiki. Whats the difference between "favor" insights and "collect insights"? What is awareness good for? Is it good? Are the espionage missions useful? Whats the point in giving them technology via espionage?

It feels like its better just to conquer, because I dont know what to do regarding awareness and sharing technologie.

Last edited:
Reactions:
You can either boost the Society research from the Observation Post ("collect") or boost the gain towards insight technologies ("favor").

Awareness determines whether the natives suspect that you are watching them. If it is low, nothing happens, if it gets high, you start getting bad events. However, a higher awareness also makes the natives much less shocked when they discover someone is out there, which can be useful if you want to turn them into a vassal.

You can only gain 1 insight technology per age of your vassal, so once you have gotten the relevant one from the age they are currently in, you can fast-track them towards the next age by planting knowledge there.

The espionage missions are mostly useful for manipulating awareness levels, tampering with their ethics (useful if you want to make them a vassal later) or boosting their tech level.

If i may high jack the thread.. is it possible for other empires to contact my primitives? i have 2 in my borders, low or no awareness.. bam both get stellar culture shock from nothing. i can't even begin to guess what else it could be but my stupid federation mates...

*edit*

just tested it, switched to another fed member. you could reveal yourself to any primitive, and fun fact, the reveal sound is played for the player, does not matter who reveals himself. i had the sound a few times.. must be a parade of fed members.

i have mods active, so not really sure if a mod is the culprit but no point in making a bug report but if any vanilla player have the same thing happen maybe a report would be in order.

Last edited:
How long is culture shock in worst case?
And is awareness only good for reducing culture shock and preventing bad events? Nothing else?

How long is culture shock in worst case?
And is awareness only good for reducing culture shock and preventing bad events? Nothing else?
10 years for Stellaris Shock, im playing as Comonwelth of Man. I don't know where the rumors come of 50 years and i just invide them without building observing post. ring world give me more than observe pre-ftl civ.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-19 091746.png

but is worth keep someone pre-ftl. The new Tech is good, you can get something like that or other super tech. Weapon is mostly trash and Small zime component cost to much archeo relics ax
Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-19 122555.png

Last edited:
10 years for Stellaris Shock, im playing as Comonwelth of Man. I don't know where the rumors come of 50 years and i just invide them without building observing post. ring world give me more than observe pre-ftl civ.

but is worth keep someone pre-ftl. The new Tech is good, you can get something like that or other super tech. Weapon is mostly trash and Small zime component cost to much archeo relics ax

50 years is no rumor. it seems invading does not give the "right" culture shock. revealing does.

1679226146885.png

also: depends on primitves age

1679226223929.png

I think its unfair that invading only gives 10 years, while showing itself fives 50 years. Maybe this should be patched.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think its unfair that invading only gives 10 years, while showing itself fives 50 years. Maybe this should be patched.
The exact opposite sounds appropriate. And honestly, we could fix conquest as a supreme strategy by just making conquered pops in general do that.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The exact opposite sounds appropriate. And honestly, we could fix conquest as a supreme strategy by just making conquered pops in general do that.
Yes, I always conquer (I never vassalize or make allies).

Conquest should have more disadvantage.

If i may high jack the thread.. is it possible for other empires to contact my primitives? i have 2 in my borders, low or no awareness.. bam both get stellar culture shock from nothing. i can't even begin to guess what else it could be but my stupid federation mates...

*edit*
i have found an answer btw, if a DEV or QA might read here. it is not exactly a bug but it annoys me.

Everyone CAN reveal himself to any Primitve. in the file 00_action you will find

should_ai_propose = {
weight = 0

modifier = {
add = 1
has_ai_personality_behaviour = uplifter
}
}
that means a uplifter personality will reveal himself and because there is nothing to differentiate between primives in your space and outside they WILL.

i have found an answer btw, if a DEV or QA might read here. it is not exactly a bug but it annoys me.

Everyone CAN reveal himself to any Primitve. in the file 00_action you will find

that means a uplifter personality will reveal himself and because there is nothing to differentiate between primives in your space and outside they WILL.
To be honest that is probably not working as intended and might be worth a bug report.