• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Iwo Jima

Veni! Vidi! Calculi!
6 Badges
Mar 3, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Second doctrine gives spirit Engineering Schools with the following bonuses:

New Officers: 50% chance to begin with Engineer Officer trait.
Engineer trait XP gain: +20%
Fortress Buster and Scavenger trait XP gain: +10%

What meens the last one? How Fortress Buster and Scavenger could gain XP?

Reactions:
It means your generals will gain xp towards those traits 10% faster.
What does it mean for traits, that not achieved by XP. They should be bought for CP

• 2Like
Reactions:
So, probablly its just a mistake in game design

• 2Like
Reactions:
yeah its a mistaken. must have a bug report about this.

I have bad experience with Bug Reports to Paradox. No my reports was used since HOI3, which was bugged in its key decay-mechanics

Reactions:
I have bad experience with Bug Reports to Paradox. No my reports was used since HOI3, which was bugged in its key decay-mechanics
I understand your frustation and I wish more of my own bug reports for HoI4 would lead to quicker fixes, but I can't say that they aren't used or read generally. I have gotten confirmations and responses to my reports partly (and I also know that non-dev-tagged doesn't equal ignored; even for this I have personal examples) and some items even got fixed. Not perfect, but certainly I cannot say that none of them had an effect. Applies also to other pdx GSG. I'm not saying that it isn't possible that you experience was different and if, why...but I'm making this point since it doesn't help to not report new bugs just because old ones didn't get fixed.

So I agree with @marcelo r. r. that doing a bug report here would be good - and if you do, you will receive my upvote. If not, I would be even willing to do it for you (and would note your contribution), as my sole goal is that this item gets checked, as it does clearly feel like a non-working part of the spirit in question and therefor impacting balance. The scope of this bug/issue also makes it a potential candidate for the war effort initiative.

• 3Like
Reactions:
There are people on the team designated to Check the bug reports, which then get placed on the backlog. Being on the backlog is no guarantee anyone will look at it anytime soon, but nothing will get done if it isn’t on the backlog.

Reactions:
I understand your frustation and I wish more of my own bug reports for HoI4 would lead to quicker fixes, but I can't say that they aren't used or read generally. I have gotten confirmations and responses to my reports partly (and I also know that non-dev-tagged doesn't equal ignored; even for this I have personal examples) and some items even got fixed. Not perfect, but certainly I cannot say that none of them had an effect. Applies also to other pdx GSG. I'm not saying that it isn't possible that you experience was different and if, why...but I'm making this point since it doesn't help to not report new bugs just because old ones didn't get fixed.

So I agree with @marcelo r. r. that doing a bug report here would be good - and if you do, you will receive my upvote. If not, I would be even willing to do it for you (and would note your contribution), as my sole goal is that this item gets checked, as it does clearly feel like a non-working part of the spirit in question and therefor impacting balance. The scope of this bug/issue also makes it a potential candidate for the war effort initiative.
ok. You could try. Maybe you have more luck)

• 1Like
Reactions:
ok. You could try. Maybe you have more luck)
Done :)

As usual, everyone agreeing that this should be investigated, feel free to upvote.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Done :)

As usual, everyone agreeing that this should be investigated, feel free to upvote.
Cool. Lets hope it will be fixed.

Then I also ask to vote here. Its also about spirit bug. And still not fixed
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ng-the-bonus-correctly.1534760/#post-28483113

Or maybe smbd could write new report.

Cool. Lets hope it will be fixed.

Then I also ask to vote here. Its also about spirit bug. And still not fixed
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ng-the-bonus-correctly.1534760/#post-28483113

Or maybe smbd could write new report.
I would recommend the latter (doing a new report), as the initially reported problem in the thread you linked (=Brilliant/Inflexible stat increase not working) has been stealth-fixed a while ago (see my confirming post in the duplicate thread about the bug, where it got officially confirmed: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...t-work-correctly.1506581/page-2#post-28640328 ) and the issue you described in the final post of your linked thread (edited traits) sounds slightly different (and might be still present)

Aren't they still earned traits for those that don't own the DLC that lets you assign traits for CP?
I haven't played the before and when Waking the Tiger was released, but I understand it that this expansion both added CP and those assignable traits - and that without the DLC you only get personality/background traits (meaning that you don't have access to those we are discussing here at all). That's the link to DD - at the very beginning the traits are explained and fairly at the end there is info what is DLC and what is patch 1.5:

Reactions: