Mass Mobilization the underrated Doctrine.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mass Assault -Right is the best for any country other than majors, And do majors don't need extra manpower? We probably play too easy setting!

Also this is probably the best for AI and the use of battleplan. The only complain is this have special things that cannot be used if we switch to other doctrines.
I'm not denying that 5% extra recruitable population is a powerful tool, when being short on manpower - but going with Mobile Warfare and picking the left branch at the bottom there are two doctrines with 3% and 2% netting the same bonus combined. Of course, you miss out some tank-related boni in exchange and overall mobile warfare doesn sync less good with an "masses of Infantry approach", but if the main goal is just more manpower, then this should work the same way.

but if the main goal is just more manpower, then this should work the same way.
yeah, only two doctrine have manpower. And MA-R cost 6 doctrines tech to reach manpower, the other is 9 tech.

MA-R have some defense boost and extreme Org recovery that we can move every thing by railroad, then wait a few day and attack. But since NSB, small divisions are workable and can have high Org recovery too, when we have 4 times more divisions, then we have 4 times more Org recovery.

Reactions:
the 9/1, but i think, with massive ORG from MW or the massive soft power from SP i was to be okay without hospitals no? The SP is the most weirder, because in SP builds i always was green..

Thanks for the heads up about Victory or Death!!
if I may ask, why are you making 9/1 Divisions for anything other than defense?

heck, why are you bothering with 9/1s with your current situation in-game, as Portugal fighting in Western Europe, why aren't you optimizing for Mountains since Portugal has several mountains, Spain has a LOT of mountains, and most of S. France is also Mountains, not to mention the Alps. So why not go for 25 width and why only use Hospitals when you are going Mass Assault? It should be something you use as standard whenever you are playing a small nation and you have the spare Support Equipment and Trucks to afford it. Additionally why so little artillery in your infantry on other doctrine runs if you are going on the offensive, as Arty provides an oversized portion of your Division's Soft Attack and Breakthrough, the stats that matter on the attack, its no wonder you took such heavy losses fighting against late AI divisions

and on another note, consider rushing Rocket Arty, as it'll just be better for Portugal since you have effectively infinite Tungsten and you'll have to import less Steel

mass charge is an amusing tactic.

So why not go for 25 width and why only use Hospitals when you are going Mass Assault? It should be something you use as standard whenever you are playing a small nation and you have the spare Support Equipment and Trucks to afford it.
hospitals generally aren't justifiable outside of larping/role play. if you don't have tons of production, you should be using it for things that contribute more. if you do, it's still hard to make a case for them over a better 5th support slot.

most minors can get more manpower than they need via puppets in sp runs, and will be doing more specialized roles in mp

Additionally why so little artillery in your infantry on other doctrine runs if you are going on the offensive, as Arty provides an oversized portion of your Division's Soft Attack and Breakthrough
line arty and infantry battalions provide very close to the same amount of breakthrough per width (not much). line arty is barely ahead by default, but if you have mass assault, infantry will actually give more breakthrough per width...a whopping 2.75 per at '39 lol.

'39 line arty is 33 soft attack per 3 width (11 sa/width), so if you just want damage, see my arguments for 10w + support with superior firepower above. it is certainly better for damage w/o superior firepower, though. If you can't make tanks for some reason, you can just load up a ton of artillery (like 4/4 lol), planning bonus that up, and just try to DPS race your opening. It works to open the line, and those things are great when entrenched vs AI. but they require a ton of micro; they're virtually unusable when clicking battle plan orders (which you shouldn't do anyway, but keep these unassigned so they don't randomly attack w/o you telling them to).

if I may ask, why are you making 9/1 Divisions for anything other than defense?

heck, why are you bothering with 9/1s with your current situation in-game, as Portugal fighting in Western Europe, why aren't you optimizing for Mountains since Portugal has several mountains, Spain has a LOT of mountains, and most of S. France is also Mountains, not to mention the Alps. So why not go for 25 width and why only use Hospitals when you are going Mass Assault? It should be something you use as standard whenever you are playing a small nation and you have the spare Support Equipment and Trucks to afford it. Additionally why so little artillery in your infantry on other doctrine runs if you are going on the offensive, as Arty provides an oversized portion of your Division's Soft Attack and Breakthrough, the stats that matter on the attack, its no wonder you took such heavy losses fighting against late AI divisions

and on another note, consider rushing Rocket Arty, as it'll just be better for Portugal since you have effectively infinite Tungsten and you'll have to import less Steel
This run, i didn't atacked Spain, i joined the allies.... them i fight every place. i don't think mountains worth specialize, when i expect be stuck on mountains, i just atack another place.

Also in the runs where i atack spain, they are almost a line range of mountains, so its more worthy encircle it...

and in the end, i have some obscession with organization, i don't like odd numbers, i only produce specialized units (marines/mountains/tanks) when i can afford 24 divisions of it.

I'm using it in against Axis in a gameplay where Axis get the upper hand(Soviet Union is wiped out and Japan win over China), its addictive..

The most crazy i'm in a non-stop war since 1944, and lost 193k man..

Apparently the only counter to it is armoured, but AI don't make relevant armoured.

More funnier when the General status start to pile up, u begin to ignore any negative scenario(mountains, low supply).

Stacked with field hospitals, finally i have hope to have veterans divisions.

About the screenshot
*if u find Field Marshal stats weirder, is because im farming the single general level 9 achievment.
*the division stats is from fielded with General stats applied and some medals.

1679232449387.png

1679232627509.png