• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there further planned development for Consoles? I don't mean just dlc or ccp.
I mean is there enhancement, enrichment now the software has been lifted to higher level of code?

Can we look forward to features that are comparable to the likes of :
- Tile painter
- move it
- traffic management
- some sort of console workshop (as console mod browser isn't there no more on remastered)
- asset editor
- enhancement of picker to select from within the assets like the fence or part of a factory building that can be placed

as this is a great game and can be made !!awesome!! even on console!
I just think too many editors and additional bits added on top would take it away from being pick up and play, which is what console games should be. Hard balancing act. PC for me is the platform for people who want to download or customise every asset. I do however wish they would provide us with more assets via the CCPs, just do a better deal on their value. More of the season passes and then on ps store discount would be lovely

• 1Like
Reactions:
I got some questions for cities on the console.
Could we perhaps use more traffic management things such as give way signs?
Also im wondering if like the colouring tool where u paunt the grass will come in.
Also.
There should be a option to keep the terrain tool open on ps thatd help with curved roads.
1 last thing maybe the ploppable items such as the museum instead of acting just for torists maybe it should fufil commercial capabilities too same for the workers stuff almost like the rico on pc?

Ps+ users got the base game free right, but really I don't think so. I'm not affected by this but I can see the frustration amongst you. Ultimately you are a subscriber to Sony, you pay them monthly for the right to download games. The blame I don't think is at the game Dev here. What you should be getting mad at is PS + not offering you the Remastered edition at the same or discounted price. I don't think this is anything to do with paradox actually. They simply using the ps store to say did this user buy the game yes/no... As the download is from ps + it's technically not been purchased.
Precedent doesn’t help you here mind… Wreckfest‘s PS5 upgrade actually came free to PS+ first! Meanwhile Paradox opted to charge a silly price on day one, whilst maintaining it would never be free. It’s all economics to be fair, so who are any of us to expect a private company to give something away for free (even if just an upgrade), but I do think the original poster here has a point about the message it sends out to people who have previously and would likely again have spent good money on DLC.

However, it’s now been a week of posts like mine here, and whilst Paradox staff seem happy to answer queries on easier topics, they are clearly ignoring the obvious challenge many are making about the unfairness that they (or their managers) have created amongst their user base, particularly for the PS+ players or the disc players who have lost out. It’s clear they’re playing the long game of silence in order to ride out the storm of criticism, which is a shoddy way to run a company that prides itself on building a community of long-term players of its games.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I got some questions for cities on the console.
Could we perhaps use more traffic management things such as give way signs?
Also im wondering if like the colouring tool where u paunt the grass will come in.
Also.
There should be a option to keep the terrain tool open on ps thatd help with curved roads.
1 last thing maybe the ploppable items such as the museum instead of acting just for torists maybe it should fufil commercial capabilities too same for the workers stuff almost like the rico on pc?
These suggestions would be best placed in the forum for that purpose:

Could you please give us, owners of a physical copy, an official statement if and when we get a free upgrade to PS5/XSX?
To give a short answer, at the moment we are not able to provide the free upgrade for physical copy owners due to technical limitations.

This is due to two reasons, the architecture Cities: Skylines Remastered uses, and how the platforms handle ownership.
  • Cities: Skylines Remastered is rebuilt from the ground up, to support all the new features it brings to the players, and has an entirely different code base than the original version. As such you would have noticed that it's released as a separate game and not an update to the original. (Updating the original was not possible, due to technical limitations of the old gen consoles).
  • Sadly that affects how the platforms perceive the physical copies. Because it is a separate product, the platforms do not support solutions like smart delivery, and we have unfortunately not been able to find a solution that would enable us to provide the physical copyholders with a free update to Remastered.
  • However, if you purchase either the original Cities: Skylines base game, or Cities: Skylines Remastered base game as a digital copy on console, all of the DLC you already own will have their remastered versions unlocked for free.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If i buy the Standard Version for PS4 now, do i get access to Remastered on PS5?

Bc here in Brazil the Standard Version is a lot more cheap than the Remastered (almost half price).

I got the game on PS+ for free and bought almost every single DLC.... dont want to spent a fortune on it to get the base game again :/

Last edited:
If you've claimed the game for free as part of PS+ then you won't be eligible for a free upgrade, however, you'll be eligible to get claim the remastered version of any DLC that you've purchased digitally on the PS store.

If you've claimed the game for free as part of PS+ then you won't be eligible for a free upgrade, however, you'll be eligible to get claim the remastered version of any DLC that you've purchased digitally on the PS store.
I got this..

What i do want to know is:

I've got the game at PS+ in 2020. So i am not eligible to get the Remastered now. Ok, clear.

But if i buy the base game for PS4 today , that is a lot more cheap than the Remastered for PS5 (and supposedly give access to the Remastered), do i turn eligible to get access to the Remastered? Bc i have the option to buy the PS4 version.

The short question is: what happens if i buy the base game for PS4 today. Does it will gimme access to the Remastered for PS5?

Last edited:
I got this..

What i do want to know is:

I've got the game at PS+ in 2020. So i am not eligible to get the Remastered now. Ok, clear.

But if i buy the base game for PS4 today , that is a lot more cheap than the Remastered for PS5 (and supposedly give access to the Remastered), do i turn eligible to get access to the Remastered? Bc i have the option to buy the PS4 version.

The short question is: what happens if i buy the base game for PS4 today. Does it will gimme access to the Remastered for PS5?
Yes! You will be eligible to receive the Remastered version!

I aksed almost a month ago.
Do you know how long it usually take to get an answer. Or they are not answering because they not sure about it

It was confirmed in this video that both remastered and original versions will be updated/maintained going forwards although with the highly suspected imminate announcement of a sequel I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't last long.

Hi everybody,

I bought ps5 for this update and actually I stopped playing cities skylines couse all my hard work unlocking the special buildings is down in the sink.

I spend like 2 years building my last city, almost complete 9 tiles with old town, central part, everything as it has to be and now I have to start all over again.

Like the guy above said it's not like in not happy with the update, but I rly lost my motivation to play from the scratch.

Really hope that there will be update soon.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Konstantin

Really hope that there will be update soon.
If you are hoping there will be an update to the Remastered edition so it can then load saves from the older edition, and/or preserve your building unlocks, I'm sorry to disappoint you - that will not be possible.

I'm wondering if you know why the Japanese language is not included in the remaster?
It is fun to play but I would like to play in Japanese.
It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.
I play on xbox.

Sorry for my poor English.

Attachments

• csr.jpg
    csr.jpg
    424,7 KB · Views: 0
Hi. I would like to know when the small 4 lane road is gonna be added to the remastered game as it’s part of the Xbox one edition without any dlc’s?
In an interview they said the remaining DLC should be added in the next few months
Serious question: will CS Remastered be finished before CS2 drops?
Seeing how there's no exact date for Cites: Skylines 2, I'd say it coming in the second half if the year. All remaining DLC will be added to Cities: Skylines - Remastered in the coming months, so it should be complete before the release of Cities: Skylines 2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes! You will be eligible to receive the Remastered version!
How long will you be able to get the remastered if you buy the original? I'm on Xbox One now with a disk version. The original is on sale now for $10 in the Microsoft store. So if I buy that today, then in the future get either a Series X or S then I will automatically have the remastered. I been waiting to upgrade until all the remastered dlc's are out since I own all dlc's and ccps.