EU4 minor patch 1.34.5! Checksum [2f83] is now LIVE - Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Greetings!

We just released patch 1.34.5 which is a minor patch to facilitate the launch of Europa Universalis IV on GOG. The contents of this patch should have no impact on your game on other platforms.

#############################################################
######################## 1.34.5.0 ###########################
#############################################################

###################
# Other
###################
- Added integration for GOG.COM store.

**** THERE IS CURRENTLY AN ISSUE WITH GETTING THE PATCH OUT ON EPIC! WE'RE WORKING ON RESOLVING THE ISSUE ASAP - BUT IT IS CURRENTLY NOT POSSIBLE TO PLAY CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER WITH PEOPLE ON EPIC. OUR APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE ****

Previous 1.34 changes

1.34.4 patchnotes
1.34.3 patchnotes
1.34(.2 - first release) Changelog!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
is the 1.34.4 version on steam? I cant find it

No, since the difference between 1.34.4 and 1.34.5 is pretty much nothing we didn't see much reason to clutter the list with it. The only reason for this patch is to facilitate cross platform multiplayer with people on GOG, since you need to have the same version to be able to play MP.

If this is only a minor change, then why are achievements disabled for games started on 1.34.4 with no way to continue playing on that patch? I tried attaching a screenshot where it says "Old Savegame - can potentially ruin Ironman saves"

Attachments

• Screenshot (2701).png
    Screenshot (2701).png
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
If this is only a minor change, then why are achievements disabled for games started on 1.34.4 with no way to continue playing on that patch? I tried attaching a screenshot where it says "Old Savegame - can potentially ruin Ironman saves"
Just ignore it - and you are fine.

Its a standard disclaimer.

Just accept it and play on and everything should be Ok.
I am getting the warning also. BjornB are you checking on this? Thanks.

Same here, the new patch is not compatible with 1.34.4 Ironman saves. So are 1.34.4 campaigns ruined?

I am getting the warning also. BjornB are you checking on this? Thanks.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Just ignore it - and you are fine.

Its a standard disclaimer.

Just accept it and play on and everything should be Ok.
Ok, I will try. Hate to restart. I just religiously revert back anytime there are changes. Out of my comfort zone ;)

Ok, everything worked fine. Thanks, Vetgirig for your help.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1.34.5 also seems to fix the breaking of alliances in the every_ally effect and the macOS/Linux crash caused by this. Is it intentional that this change wasn't mention in the patchnotes?
When testing this I found out that the related bug with ceding provinces inside the every_owned_province effect was already fixed in 1.34.4, but it was not mentioned in the patchnotes either.
Yes I also commented on this in the post for 1.34.4, it seems they've been implementing some "ghost" changes, or maybe not documenting it so Bjorn dosen't know. Guess digging in the game files will provide the best answer

Also when do you guys plan to fix the Custom Nations bug? There's been like

Different posts over the past 3 or so months all of which are "in review", and its still broken in 1.34.5. I do hope you'll surprise us with a nice long patchnotes list for 1.34.6, considering the long build up over at bug reports :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes I also commented on this in the post for 1.34.4, it seems they've been implementing some "ghost" changes, or maybe not documenting it so Bjorn dosen't know. Guess digging in the game files will provide the best answer
It's more likely that the fix was unintentional and tied to another issue linked to that.

Reactions:
How can we go to older versions of EU4 on GOG? There is an option to switch to a beta channel in GOG Galaxy, but there are no beta channels visible in the menu. There is also the option to switch between available versions of the game, but again, only a single version is available.

1669458774540.png

Could older major versions be added?

How can we go to older versions of EU4 on GOG? There is an option to switch to a beta channel in GOG Galaxy, but there are no beta channels visible in the menu. There is also the option to switch between available versions of the game, but again, only a single version is available.

View attachment 918391

Could older major versions be added?
I'm not a developer, but I would assume that older versions can't work on GOG, because they don't support the GOG store backend and require one of the other stores. So the developers would have to add support for GOG to each of the old versions which they want to make available on GOG(or at least remove the DRM requirement for the other stores). Then the version which you get would not be the old version anymore, but a completely new version with possibly new bugs and a different checksum.

Reactions:
hadn't played for a while and decided to relearn the game. Started a new game for Venice and discovered it has estates as well as factions now. When did that happen? I do understand the benefits and deficiencies of both, but I don't want to start messing with estates in my game if it's a bug.

hadn't played for a while and decided to relearn the game. Started a new game for Venice and discovered it has estates as well as factions now. When did that happen? I do understand the benefits and deficiencies of both, but I don't want to start messing with estates in my game if it's a bug.
Not a bug, I think it was introduced in 1.34. Wasn't too long ago from memory.

• 1Like
Reactions: