• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Draxes

Recruit
11 Badges
Nov 20, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
Hello,
Recently installed the game. No mods installed. I can play roughly 30 minutes before the game crashes. I couln't find any specific reason for the crash and the crashes folder is empty but there is a file named error.log. Hopefully it can give a clue.
Thanks

Attachments

• error.log
    37,6 KB · Views: 0
Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log ,exceptions.log

Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log ,exceptions.log
The game crashed again but this time it took longer and the system gave me this crash message: "Error: Cannot initialize OLE". I have attached the files.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    881 bytes · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    124,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    20 KB · Views: 0
the system gave me this crash message: "Error: Cannot initialize OLE"
I've not seen that one before, by googling it seems to be an SQL server error? Which cannot be the problem here .... !

In any case from that error log there's a video driver or card problem. Let's do a clean update of that nVidia driver:

- uninstall it and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install November 2022 https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- reboot again

And you don't seem to have set the refresh rate cap I mentioned?
"setting_framerate_cap"={
version=0
value="off"
}
Can you then test it with that capped to 60 please?