• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MojoRisin

Recruit
18 Badges
Nov 4, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Short summary of your issue
Launcher won't start (prior issues had been that the launcher would start but then crash as the game was initializing)

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
macOS

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court, Northern Lords, Fashion of the Abbasid Court, Fate of Iberia, Friends and Foes, Garments of the HLR

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The launcher will not start. Before that the launcher would allow me to press play, then the loading screen would appear and crash after a few seconds.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
I think the previous answer explains this already.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I have de- and reinstalled the game multiple times, while also deleting the game folder in my documents folder. I have tried starting it with other betas but that didn't help either. (I used to be able to play the vanilla version of the game with the 1.5 version - but I did pay for the extensions and would therefore like to be able to play them as well.) The system requirements for being able to play the game are met, so that is not the issue either.

I am really frustrated, as I have paid a lot for a game that I cannot play and have now spent an excess of 15 hours trying to fix the issue. I have also posted a thread in the Steam forum but have not gotten any help or suggestions yet. If anyone could help me fix this problem, I would be deeply grateful.

I have attached a save game
Impossible - unfortunately.

That sounds like you have a launcher problem, not a game issue as such. Does running ck3.app get the game going for you?

The most common launcher problem on Mac is if MacOS is below 12 - is that the case here? If so can you update?

Thanks for your reply. I have been in touch with Paradox and it turns out that the minimum requirements for the game were changed following the 1.6 versions - meaning that I am able to run the game with the latest 1.5 version (albeit very laggy) and without the features of some of the newer expansions (Iberian Struggle does not work for example).

Thanks for your reply. I have been in touch with Paradox and it turns out that the minimum requirements for the game were changed following the 1.6 versions - meaning that I am able to run the game with the latest 1.5 version (albeit very laggy) and without the features of some of the newer expansions (Iberian Struggle does not work for example).
The minimum requirements were not changed in this game. However recent patches are more fussy in requiring those minimums be met.

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ PRO 560 (4 GB)

But that does not relate to your launcher problem?
The launcher will not start.
Which, as I say, can be your MacOS version.

As I said, recent patches are more fussy in requiring those hardware minimums be met, in particular the video system one. The published requirements never changed though.