• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jasonian

Sergeant
2 Badges
Mar 15, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
New play through since the third update and I noticed that (so far) the lightning rod and the Marian turbine never get repaired once damaged. No matter what I do it never repairs. There are screen shots of the lightning rod. Some notes about what I’m seeing:
- needs to legitimately get damaged for this to start
- people do come with materials to repair it
- materials arrive and when someone comes to “fix” the materials disappear and the repair resets
- materials required change over different loads and in some cases don’t match the object being repaired (wood for a lightning rod?)
- building is still functional but not optimal
- can’t tell if it actually is bleeding my repair resources and the requirements are tiny compared to what I use each day

I’m playing on x-box one s with all the current DLCs. I have a custom game setting although nothing I would expect to modify repair requirements

Attachments

• 55B06D7C-F6E2-43D6-B61E-067741D8845A.jpeg
    55B06D7C-F6E2-43D6-B61E-067741D8845A.jpeg
    3,5 MB · Views: 0
  • CB18D402-0A09-441D-B514-864B4CAC9F75.jpeg
    CB18D402-0A09-441D-B514-864B4CAC9F75.jpeg
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • B070C2B6-F24A-4DD9-A5E5-F60754402D80.jpeg
    B070C2B6-F24A-4DD9-A5E5-F60754402D80.jpeg
    3,9 MB · Views: 0
Hey!

Sorry for the late reply. We've identified the reason for this issue and we'll fix it in the next update. The update and DLC should be live Soon™.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused and we hope to get the fix to you as soon as we can.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey!

Sorry for the late reply. We've identified the reason for this issue and we'll fix it in the next update. The update and DLC should be live Soon™.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused and we hope to get the fix to you as soon as we can.
No worries, it’s good to know not only is the fix coming but a new DLC on the horizon

Still an issue. I have several wind turbines that need repairs. I have the supplies, but nobody is fixing them.
Bummer, one thing that comes to mind is to check that the Ultimate Colony DLC is up-to-date. If you still have the first version of the Ultimate Colony DLC installed, then the repair issue occurs, but it should be fixed in the newer version. Hopefully this helps, let me know if it doesn't.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/view-downloadable-content

Bummer, one thing that comes to mind is to check that the Ultimate Colony DLC is up-to-date. If you still have the first version of the Ultimate Colony DLC installed, then the repair issue occurs, but it should be fixed in the newer version. Hopefully this helps, let me know if it doesn't.
Just checked. Everything is current. Wind turbines, Martian wind turbines, and Lightning towers cannot be repaired.

Yep, still happening. Figured this might have been fixed with the new DLC update, but my Martian wind turbines are asking for wood for repairs and never actually getting repaired...
Can you please attach the save game showing this? Thanks!

I'm playing on PS5. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I will gladly do anything to try to help.
I'm not a console player so I don't know if that's possible either!

Maybe at least screenshots showing things like your available wood, carriers and so on?

Ok. I fiddled about on ps5, and I can only share screenshots and videos on twitter apparently, so I took these with my phone. Also couldn't find a way to get to the save game because I dont have a pc to use a USB drive with. Hope these images help.
1209221459d.jpg
1209221459c.jpg
1209221459.jpg
1209221459a.jpg
1209221459b.jpg

I am also still experiencing this on Xbox Series X. Just like the pics above, colonists bring resources for the repair, then the wind turbine resets consuming endless resources as the colonists keep trying. This happens with both vertical wind turbines, the standard ones, and the martian ones.

Yeah, the normal wind turbine, large wind turbines, Martian Turbines, and both types of lightning rods get stuck in endless repair. Unfortunately its been like this for a while now.

Masses of solar panels and battery packs are your friends.

I went back and did some more testing on this. The first thing I did was delete Surviving the Aftermath and all the DLCs from my Xbox Series X, then did a full re-install of the main game, and all of the DLCs, to make sure I had the most recent revision. Then I started a NEW game and set up a normal "Wind Turbine" at first, colonists were able to repair it using "Parts" but later it suffered severe damage, and then when the colonists tried to repair it, they just kept bringing "Parts" endlessly, until they used them all up.

Interestingly, if I select the Wind Turbine and hover over Repair it says it will cost 7 "Lunar Dust" to repair it. Then if I select Repair, it says "Repairing..." at the top with 0/7 Wood with the symbol for wood planks in the corner. I watched my inventories very closely, and even though it shows the symbol for wood planks, my inventory of "Parts" is what actually decreases. The colonist brings "Parts" until it says 7/7, then it resets back to 0/7 and repeats until my entire supply of "Parts" is empty.

The "Martian Wind Turbine" as soon as it needs any repair the endless loop starts right away. When I hover over Repair the requirement listed is 3 "Lunar Dust". Selecting repair starts "Repairing..." at the top of the window, with 0/3 wood planks. Then colonists bring "Parts" and the count changes to 3/3, then resets to 0/3. The colonists never go through to the hammering animation where they actually repair the "Martian Wind Turbine". They just keep bringing "Parts" until they run my inventory out.

I will continue testing the large wind turbines and lightning rods and add more later. I hope this is helpful to the devs to fix this.

Last edited:
After more testing on my Xbox Series X, I can not get the same problem others are having with the lightning rods (both the standard and upgraded version) or the Large Wind Turbine. These seem to repair ok for me either manually or automatically using the repair depot, as long as I have plenty of "Parts" in my colony inventory. Perhaps the "Wind Turbine" and "Martian Wind Turbine" are causing a cascade effect using up all the "Parts" so the lightning rods and large wind turbine are also being affected? Solar panels use components for repair, so they would not be affected by the "Parts" count reaching zero. This is just a guess on my part, so I don't really know.

If anyone having problems with the lightning rods or large wind turbine could verify, do you still have the problem if you do not use either Wind Turbines or Martian Wind Turbines, and have a decent amount of "Parts" in your colony inventory?

I did notice with the "Wind Turbine" and the "Martian Wind Turbine" there usually is a colonist that brings the "Parts" for the repair, then another colonist comes along to start the hammering animation, but as soon as the second colonist gets to either turbine is the exact moment the number of repair parts required resets and the colonist just leaves instead of hammering things back into shape.

Last edited:
After more testing on my Xbox Series X, I can not get the same problem others are having with the lightning rods (both the standard and upgraded version) or the Large Wind Turbine. These seem to repair ok for me either manually or automatically using the repair depot, as long as I have plenty of "Parts" in my colony inventory. Perhaps the "Wind Turbine" and "Martian Wind Turbine" are causing a cascade effect using up all the "Parts" so the lightning rods and large wind turbine are also being affected? Solar panels use components for repair, so they would not be affected by the "Parts" count reaching zero. This is just a guess on my part, so I don't really know.

If anyone having problems with the lightning rods or large wind turbine could verify, do you still have the problem if you do not use either Wind Turbines or Martian Wind Turbines, and have a decent amount of "Parts" in your colony inventory?

I did notice with the "Wind Turbine" and the "Martian Wind Turbine" there usually is a colonist that brings the "Parts" for the repair, then another colonist comes along to start the hammering animation, but as soon as the second colonist gets to either turbine is the exact moment the number of repair parts required resets and the colonist just leaves instead of hammering things back into shape.
I beat the game but I will reload it and create a few Martian turbines to see if the bug persists
as I have lots of items now and shouldn’t have any missing xxx problems

update: I built some Martian turbines and again they say damaged and want wood. I gave 1417 pieces of wood and it won’t repair.

Attachments

• 8974626C-55EB-4851-B4FA-011DAFB1746F.jpeg
    8974626C-55EB-4851-B4FA-011DAFB1746F.jpeg
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for testing that.

I have started a new install on my ancient VCR Xbox One. I only installed the base game and the Ultimate Colony DLC (so I can test the Martian Turbines). So far the colonists have been repairing the standard Wind Turbines with no problems. They have also been successfully repairing both Lightning Rod variants with no problems. The Large Wind Turbine has been repaired ok, as well. The Martian Wind Turbines have not broken down yet, so I am not sure about them. There is a visual glitch, the Martian Turbines animation stops for every catastrophe I have encountered so far, and the standard Wind Turbines have remained animated for every catastrophe and even when they have the frozen symbol above them. More to follow after the Martian Turbines need repair...

Last edited: