Changes to Playing Previous Versions of PDS Titles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the oldest patch or two were removed. they explained that less than a hundred people were using them.
As one of those few players, I'm sorry to hear that they removed roughly 5 patches. Thanks for your help.
To clarify, they were requested to do so by Steam as they will only support so many "beta" entries in the Betas tab of any one game. So they picked the versions with the lowest user counts.

This means that others will probably have to go as new releases come out.

i did what was instructed but it dosent show me the versions im looking for

im looking for 1.10.4
As mentioned before not every version exists, as there is a limit of how many can be provided
and some versions get the cut when not used that much.
What game is that for ?

Reactions:
i did what was instructed but it dosent show me the versions im looking for

im looking for 1.10.4
With HOI4 only 1.10.5 is provided, then older ones from 1.9.3 back. If you have a mod that requires 1.10.4 it will need to be updated by its author to work with later game versions.

Reactions:
And I'm guessing they didn't do the thing Stellaris did where they had them under a private beta unlocked by something like "oldstellaris"?

And I'm guessing they didn't do the thing Stellaris did where they had them under a private beta unlocked by something like "oldstellaris"?
Those codes are only necessary for game versions more than about 2 years old, before GDPR.

Reactions:
I understand (but don't like) the point that Steam will only support so many versions. But is there no option to download the removed older beta versions directly from Paradox, and run them outside of Steam? I'm looking for the older versions of EUIV that seem to have been removed in the last year.

Reactions:
I understand (but don't like) the point that Steam will only support so many versions. But is there no option to download the removed older beta versions directly from Paradox, and run them outside of Steam? I'm looking for the older versions of EUIV that seem to have been removed in the last year.
No, there is no option to do that, I am sorry.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I get the code from paradox.
Then in Steam I go to the Betas section and enter that code. It gives me a gameversion to reload ..but its not the game I was playing before.
I cant remember what version of the game I was playing before (1.3 something I guess) ..any way I can find this out for sure ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I get the code from paradox.
Then in Steam I go to the Betas section and enter that code. It gives me a gameversion to reload ..but its not the game I was playing before.
I cant remember what version of the game I was playing before (1.3 something I guess) ..any way I can find this out for sure ?
If you know what date you last played you could check the patch release list:

That aside I can't think of a way that we could know what game version you last played.

Game just updated. I want to continue my save file, but the patch messed it up. I came here to revert the version and I can't. It only allows me to go WAY BACK, not one step back. I want 3.2.2 and all steam will allow is 2.0.5?!? How is going that far back of any use to anyone? This is unacceptable.
Am I going to have to uninstall, this game and wait for your production cycle to end before I can play uninterrupted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I am so pissed right now...

Game just updated. I want to continue my save file, but the patch messed it up. I came here to revert the version and I can't. It only allows me to go WAY BACK, not one step back. I want 3.2.2 and all steam will allow is 2.0.5?!? How is going that far back of any use to anyone? This is unacceptable.
Am I going to have to uninstall, this game and wait for your production cycle to end before I can play uninterrupted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I am so pissed right now...
Whichever game you are referring to, please post in its tech support forum. Thanks.

Reactions:
The links in the first post to Privacy Policy and terms Of Use are dead.

Code Of Conduct (is it also Terms Of Use) doesn't have link to Privacy Policy either.

Cheers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For some reason I can't go back a singular hotfix patch to 09ac and now my Road to 56 mod is being funky and won't allow me to access my research bar for more then a few mili-seconds... Also What in the eight cycles of reincarnation is up with how difficult it is to actually find the steam password for getting the older versions. You have to open another tab just enable to gain access when you should be able to easily navigate through this website enable to find it seeing as to how these games only stay afloat due to mods, in my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You have to open another tab just enable to gain access when you should be able to easily navigate through this website enable to find it seeing as to how these games only stay afloat due to mods, in my opinion.
First, these games are not Skyrim, even vanilla experience is quite friendly. Second and more important, few modders actually need roll-backs. Third...
I can't go back a singular hotfix patch to 09ac
Why would you be able? Betas don't store all the versions, only high moments, like, before huge, save-game-breaking patches. There's a hard limit by Steam on how many betas can be stored for a game.

Reactions:
Why would you be able? Betas don't store all the versions, only high moments, like, before huge, save-game-breaking patches. There's a hard limit by Steam on how many betas can be stored for a game.
This. You've never been able to roll back to previous subversions of a patch. Not even in the pre steam days where the patches were upladed to the fora.

• 1Like
Reactions: