• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Release! | Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone

Now Live!

Patch Notes Here!

The future of war hangs in the balance. Take to the skies and pen the annals of history in the latest expansion for Hearts of Iron IV - By Blood Alone

Buy it here!

If you missed any of our Developer Diaries or By Blood Alone Tutorials, then check this list down below!

Developer Diaries
16Art & AchievementsNew art and achievements for By Blood Alone
15TechUpdated OS requirements and performance improvements of Avalanche
14ModdingOverhauled Career Profile with Playthrough Overviews and (moddable!) in-game Awards
13Quality of Life ImprovementsChanges to war support, piercing, AI tank strategy, and more
12Peace Conference RoundupOverview of the new peace conference system, including UI and new demand types
11Division Commanders & Unit MedalsNew field officers and awardable medals for divisions.
10Plane DesignerA look at the new plane designer.
9Ethiopia #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
8Switzerland #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Swiss focus tree.
7Italy #2A look at the alternate history branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
6Ethiopia #1A look at the common and historical branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
5Switzerland #1A look at the historical branch of the new Swiss focus tree.
4Italy #1A look at the common and historical branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
3Designer Corner: Naval RebalanceGoals and implementation plans for naval rebalance.
2Designer Corner: Air ChangesOpen discussion for changes to Air management and combat.
1Designer Corner: Peace ConferenceOpen discussion for changes to peace conferences.

By Blood Alone Tutorials
4Naval Changes & Balance of PowerJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the changes to the naval system and about the upcoming Balance of Power mechanic.
3Divisional CommandJoin Andrew Channel as they explain the new Divisional Command features coming with By Blood Alone!
2Air ChangesJoin Andrew Channel as they guide you through the changes to the air game coming with By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update!
1Peace ConferencesJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the coming changes to Peace Conferences for By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update.

Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png

Attachments

• Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png
    Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png
    95,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 14Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Nope - I'm getting that too. Maybe Paradox should not update their launcher the same day a game updates. I doubt its so much their servers having hiccups as it is their servers being overloaded by the sheer volume of downloads.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The game won't start at all. I get to the main menu (screenshot attached), and all of the buttons are completely non-responsive. I think it's because I had my resolution set to 4K (UI scaled up), the game seems to be trying to revert to 1080p when launching. I can't even get to the options to change the settings. If I move my mouse way to the right of the options button, it gets highlighted and I can click on it, but then I can't change any of the options.

I have no mods installed. I completely uninstalled HOI4, then reinstalled it from scratch. It did not fix the problem.
hoi4.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
For me the game work completely fine as that I'm playing it right now.
The game won't start at all. I get to the main menu (screenshot attached), and all of the buttons are completely non-responsive. I think it's because I had my resolution set to 4K (UI scaled up), the game seems to be trying to revert to 1080p when launching. I can't even get to the options to change the settings. If I move my mouse way to the right of the options button, it gets highlighted and I can click on it, but then I can't change any of the options.View attachment 882180

The game won't start at all. I get to the main menu (screenshot attached), and all of the buttons are completely non-responsive. I think it's because I had my resolution set to 4K (UI scaled up), the game seems to be trying to revert to 1080p when launching. I can't even get to the options to change the settings. If I move my mouse way to the right of the options button, it gets highlighted and I can click on it, but then I can't change any of the options.

I have no mods installed. I completely uninstalled HOI4, then reinstalled it from scratch. It did not fix the problem.
View attachment 882180
It's an issue with DirectX 11, you can fix it by exiting the game's window and then returning

• 1Like
Reactions:
The localization for the new states is completely borked for me (either not showing or stuff like MORE Tannu Tuva)

I would also like to see the Air Force allowed to be deployed as in the past.
Every 10/100 aircraft is not historical placement.
Also, I am not convinced that the number of carrier-borne aircraft can only be changed by 10 aircraft each.

• 1Like
Reactions:

View attachment 882180
I have the same issue as you where my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, the game somehow starts in I think 1366 x 768 when in full screen. As @Star Seeker mentioned, just exit the game window via window key and return will fix it. Personally I just set it to borderless fullscreen, easier that way.

Reactions:

View attachment 882180
I also have the same problem but with fps

View attachment 882180
Please submit a bug report on the forum!
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forums/hearts-of-iron-iv-bug-reports.951/

Reactions: