Whats still missing? What other DLC's would you like

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tibi088

Captain
53 Badges
Apr 30, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I was thinking about what building types are still missing and had to conclude, a lot - there are still a ton of DLC they could make.
What I could think of:
1. Civic administration (Town and City Halls, Courts etc)
2. Religious buildings
3. Entertainment buildings - these I would divide in 2:
3a. Cultural (Music Halls, Opera, Museum, Art Gallery)
3b. Sports (both Stadiums for warious sports but also sport opportunity for the populace like swimming pool, gold course etc)
4. Parking lots and houses

What else do youthink could and should be done?

• 5Like
Reactions:
Most of what you've listed is already there as unique buildings across the DLCs.

I'm not sure what's left to add given that maps as no map space for anything major now. If I had to pick more DLC it would just be to boost some of the existing DLC like more tram options, parklife assets, etc.

Reactions:
I've always supported a SPORTS DLC. What's visually lacking from a city are things like golf courses, race tracks and mountain resorts. These would have to be modular built like Parklife and they could provide boosts to your citizen's health and attract tourists. The advantage of these assets is that they adapt to the terrain, like having an F1 race track cut through a mountain or across a waterfall. We might even see some cross-DLC aspects by providing the option to build a ski resort with Snowfall. Not only would this take advantage of overlooked winter maps, but it would force players to build on more rugged terrain instead of flat maps if they want a proper ski resort. I've always said this would have been a far better idea than the limited nature of Airports DLC.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
1. I want a political DLC, introducing similar content to Tropico in terms of decrees and so on.
2. Public administration (town hall, parliament, public offices, NGOs etc.)
3. Mass events (parades, riots, open air festivals etc.)
4. Connection to other cities, especially the ones you’ve already built
5. A few futuristic special projects (like hydroponic farms, cave dwellings in mountains, underground buildings etc.)

• 6Like
Reactions:
Most of what you've listed is already there as unique buildings across the DLCs.

I'm not sure what's left to add given that maps as no map space for anything major now. If I had to pick more DLC it would just be to boost some of the existing DLC like more tram options, parklife assets, etc.
But I dont want them as unique buildings - I want mechanics tied to them. A city needs to be administered - its not a unique thing. People want entertainment etc

• 5Like
Reactions:
1, Cargo ports that are modular like the airports DLC

2, "medium" density zoning

3, deeper public safety simulation (police fire and healthcare)

4, Parking Lots and Garages

• 10Like
Reactions:
-Harbours/Ports in the same vein as airports.
-Some form of crime overhaul so it's not just 'plop a police station and the crime rate drops back down to 4%'
-Some form of commercial based DLC.

• 8Like
Reactions:
But I dont want them as unique buildings - I want mechanics tied to them. A city needs to be administered - its not a unique thing. People want entertainment etc

Well you said "building types" in your comment...

I get that people want more management though if you get detailed management in one area then you need to do that for other areas and it becomes boring. The management stuff in campus or parklife DLC for example isn't exactly fun as you just spam buildings to hit milestones.

Reactions:
Unique Buildings is by far one of the worst parts of the game.

The game uses the same data model as the old Sim City released in ~1988, and shoehorned everything else into the unique buildings category.

Just look at the way City Hall is treated. It's a pretty big oversight. We should always have a town hall, and it can evolve to a city hall as we meet the population requirements. But it's the main building of any city, and fairly important.

I was watching a video the other day of a real life city planner playing the game the other day and she said the same things we've all been saying about the game in her first 3 minutes. She especially had a problem with there being no difference between light and heavy industries.

IMO, What's missing from the game is everything that isn't traffic management.

Hopefully the followup title makes an attempt to deal with all this stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Unique Buildings is by far one of the worst parts of the game.
Agreed. They're just glorified parks. Why would tourists want to visit a tax office?

For unique buildings, they don't seem to be that unique from each other. I think it would be nice if some features and mechanics were unlocked via the construction of certain unique buildings, instead of the arbitrary milestones or requirements. For example, building a city hall will allow you to assign districts and policies. The Transport Tower allows you to build public transport lines (or at least more advanced public transport lines like metros). The Tax Office allows you to adjust tax rates. And so forth.

• 7Like
Reactions:
"OLD TOWNS" DLC
- New mixed zones:

• Traditional Markets, Residential+Commercial zone.
  • Craft Workshops, Residential+Industrial zone.
Mixed zones are low density neighborhoods that also provide workplaces. Their efficiency is low (few jobs and goods production) but in return have very low levels of pollutions and noise. Note that external sources of pollution and noise like busy roads would not be tolerated.
Unique ordinances provides tourist attraction.

- New Transportation:
  • Carriage, horse-drawn traditional taxi-like transport that provide touring bonus and are compatible with both pedestrian and regular roads.
  • Canal Boats, small taxi like boats that can move only in canals, also gives touring bonus.
- New Infrastructure + District Styles:
Community Centers, is a new set of buildings that provide bonus to your mixed zones inside designated Old Town districts. These include things like Town Halls, Temples, Traditional Theaters, etc.
Both the community center and mixed zones buildings of an Old Town district should have a style, an these could include European/Gothic, Mediterranean/Latin American, East Asian, Middle Eastern, etc. So for example you can build a "China Town" in your city with Taoist, Confusianism and/or Mahayana temples.

- New Unique buildings:
A lot of unique reward options that also fits the styles of your Old Town districts like for example:
  • Estates; Medieval Vineyard, Hispanic Hacienda, Tea Plantation, etc.
  • Ruins; Greco-Roman, Mesoamerican, Egyptian, Southeast Asian, etc.

• 4Like
Reactions:
TLDR: another suggestion on DLC I'd buy immediately.

DLC 1. Let's say "Waterfront"

What for: to make waterfronts more usable.

Features:
- Zoned ports just like airports with numerous facilities
- Coast guards - works like police for waterfront
- Marine tours - tourist option for rivers and seas
- Marina
- Beach just like in SC4
- Beach fun - water scooters, motorboats, etc
- Unique buildings: a bunch of lighthouses, admiralty, wooden galeon, aircarrier with old jets, submarine
- Maybe even a marine college campus
- Artificial reef
- Diving

DLC 2. Let's say "Heritage"

What for: to fill the historical gap and add fun!

Features:
- Archeology sites on map from different eras. The player can extract them and get a tourist site + get a new unique asset to place somewhere in the city + some relics for a historical museum

Eras can be:
1) Mesozoic - you can find a place with some traces of dinosaurs. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. a dino trail), a dino skeleton (that can be placed in your city), and a bunch of things for a museum (bones, teeth, crap, insects in amber)
2) Neogene - you can find a place with some traces of the first people. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. a settlement of the prehistoric people), a mammoth skeleton, and a bunch of things for a museum (bones, teeth, primitive instruments)
3) Ancient times - you can find an ancient settlement. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. ancient ruins with columns), an ancient obelisk and a bunch of things for a museum (swords, shields, amphora)
4) Medieval - you can find a medieval settlement. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. medieval ruins with walls), a medieval statue and a bunch of things for a museum (swords, shields, etc)
5) Modern era - you can find a modern era settlement. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. modern era ruins), a cannon, and a bunch of things for a museum (muskets, etc)
6) WWI- WWII - you can find a battle site. After extraction, you're getting a tourist site (e.g. trenches), a tank/plane, and a bunch of things for a museum (mortars, helmets, MGs)

These things may have naval analogs (galleons, triremes, U-boots, etc)

- You need to build a campus for a historical university to extract those archeology sites
- Museums for all the stuff
- Unique buildings: war memorial, tank museum (with some working tanks), maybe some place for historical reconstruction

DLC 3. Let's say "Commerce"

What for: to add diversity to commercial zones, they're boring now!

- New kinds of commercial zoning: malls, food markets, waterfront restaurants on piles, craft foods and beer, gentrified districts
- Extreme activities: base/rope jumping, jeeping routes, paragliding sites, cross-country cycling, etc
- Gas stations, charging stations for electro cars
- Car showrooms
- PARKING LOTS (including underground + multi-level)
- Markets and bazaars (e.g. Chinese, Eastern, etc)
- Maybe some walls and sites for street art

Thank you for your attention and have a good day!

• 7Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
The only thing that's missing that I can think of before CS2 is the ability for the AI to actually use open spaces. The Industries and Parks (or w/e it was called) DLCs were a step towards this, but I mean true freedom, like the ability to 'paint' an areas like you do districts and designateit them as public squares, farmland, play areas, etc., and have cims use them accordingly. They could pathfind right across a public square (or choose to hang out there with friends, sitting down at benches you place, shopping at market stalls, etc.), frolic in play areas (doing appropriate activities like playing in a forest, sledding and building snowmen in wintry landscapes, and tanning themselves and bathing on a beach), and get out their farming equipment and plow, fertilize, and harvest designated crops.

edit: I mean, I'd also love a deeper system for health, crime, and social issues in general, including cims growing attached to their spaces so that demolishing stuff for new roads, for example, has an actual backlash, but that's features that'd fit a sequel better than a DLC.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Festival, Carnival, Parade, as like safe-keeper says, more public citizen events and different decoration of road, buildings and perform citizens during festivals. Make the city real and have a live.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Oh, and the ability for cims to get around using their own private boats like they can with cars. If you're making a map on an archipelago people should be able to use their own boats to get from island to island, instead of having to rely on ferry routes.

• 1Like
Reactions: