• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Varoh

Recruit
Sep 12, 2022
Hi, I have the Gamepass version and have being unable to get past the initializing game screen. It just starts loading the menu and crashes.
I am running on Windows 11.
What have I tried so far and it didn't help:
-Verify integrity of game files
-Complete clean reinstall by uninstalling the game through gamepass, and manually deleting folders in documents and appdata
-Restart the computer
-Uninstall Visual C++ and reinstall it again
-Launching the game without DLC
-Clean reinstall of Windows!

Is this related to the problem I'm seeing some people are having with their processors and the 1.7 update?

Thanks very much

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    101,7 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    147,8 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    888 bytes · Views: 0
Is this related to the problem I'm seeing some people are having with their processors and the 1.7 update?
If so that is fixed by the minor patch just released. Do you have that yet?

Hi Andrew, I just tried there and no joy yet. Although the launcher didn't say it was updating before giving me the option to play. Would the version number change. Mine still says 1.7

In the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

Is that any better?

Can you use GeForce Experience, fraps, or some other utility to limit the game to 60 fps?

If you are still opted into the beta patch, opt out so you get 1.7.1 .

If that still crashes on load, let's have new copies of all those files in your OP please.

Plus install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here, thanks.