• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, one question, has this game stayed in 1.05 or will it be updated in the future?
It has just been updated from 1.05.1 to 1.05.2 a few weeks ago.

Most recent is 1.05.2:
From 1.05 you go first to Darkest Hour Patch 1.05.1 (hot-fix release), install it,
then to Darkest Hour Patch 1.05.2 (hot-fix release).
Actually, I think you don't need 1.05.1 as intermediate step since the 1.05.2 already contains all the fixes of the 1.05.1.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
How do the casualties and trickleback type stuff work in DH?
In vanilla, there seemed to be a more noticeable return on casualties where in DH I'm not sure what's going on with it.

How do the casualties and trickleback type stuff work in DH?
In vanilla, there seemed to be a more noticeable return on casualties where in DH I'm not sure what's going on with it.
I don't think there are major differences, the mechanics is always the same. There are different techs of course and different values and modifiers, but it works in exactly the same way.

I saw a french streamer playing darkest hour and I got very excited. Alas I dont understand french so it was a bit hard to follow. Anyway he was still playing 1.03 because he didnt like the org changes in later patches. Can anyone elaborate further on those changes?

I saw a french streamer playing darkest hour and I got very excited. Alas I dont understand french so it was a bit hard to follow. Anyway he was still playing 1.03 because he didnt like the org changes in later patches. Can anyone elaborate further on those changes?
Honestly, no idea, since the big combat rework was introduced in patch 1.03, not later. For an explanation, look here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...iary-28-Sneak-Peak-1.3-Combat-rework-and-more

• 1Like
Reactions:
in 1.04 a new organization regain system was introduced; it is completely tweakable and optional, so if the streamer you're following doesn't like the changes, maybe they could disable them and benefit from bugfixes and improvement of 1.04 and 1.05

Quick recap, for details follow the previous link.

1660584105543.png

Reactions:
What factors determine the mobilization slider levels of the AI majors?
It's clear they aren't under the same manpower requirements for changing the slider.
I'm pretty sure the requirements are the same.
USA is different because it's harder to mobilize at peacetime, Japan gain a different percentage to account for Korea, but from the top of my mind those are the only differences.

I'm pretty sure the requirements are the same.
USA is different because it's harder to mobilize at peacetime, Japan gain a different percentage to account for Korea, but from the top of my mind those are the only differences.
It seems to change when the AI loses a bunch of units, even though they have massive manpower reserves still available.

It seems to change when the AI loses a bunch of units, even though they have massive manpower reserves still available.
Unless there are events that I don't remember, no, that's not the case.
Another exception is that in the 1914 scenario sometimes countries go to Partial Mobilization by event, but again after that there should be no differences between countries, even in that scenario.

I asked this in the Sods subthread with no luck. But since @^_AC_^ is here, maybe I'll catch you:

How do I increase a nation's starting research speed? For example, in the AIO (Gold Edition) the Soviet Union has a research speed of 40 in 1933 which is way too low and results in AI SU getting steamrolled by AI Germany. I checked the Soviet Union's file in the 1933 scenario but see nothing in there about research speed.

I asked this in the Sods subthread with no luck. But since @^_AC_^ is here, maybe I'll catch you:

How do I increase a nation's starting research speed? For example, in the AIO (Gold Edition) the Soviet Union has a research speed of 40 in 1933 which is way too low and results in AI SU getting steamrolled by AI Germany. I checked the Soviet Union's file in the 1933 scenario but see nothing in there about research speed.
As a general rule, they're probably different simply because they start from the same base value (in misc.txt if I'm not wrong), but then the already researched technologies are applied. So in this case I expect that the difference is due to researched tecnologies.

However, it is possible to set a specific value for a country (I think ignoring researched tecnologies in this case). This can be done adding for example "research_mod = 2.22" to a country scenario file (this translates to a 220% research speed). But I think you would have seen that, so my best guess is that the difference is due to what I wrote above.

As a general rule, they're probably different simply because they start from the same base value (in misc.txt if I'm not wrong), but then the already researched technologies are applied. So in this case I expect that the difference is due to researched tecnologies.

However, it is possible to set a specific value for a country (I think ignoring researched tecnologies in this case). This can be done adding for example "research_mod = 2.22" to a country scenario file (this translates to a 220% research speed). But I think you would have seen that, so my best guess is that the difference is due to what I wrote above.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

European Axis minors don't really participate on the eastern front to my satisfaction, at least for a long while. Are there factors to influence their behavior or is it programmed for later in the war or what? For example Germany is basically solo Barb and Romania has to be forced with military control to do anything. Much later Italy and others will show up piecemeal, and I don't remember ever seeing Hungarian troops leave Hungary.

European Axis minors don't really participate on the eastern front to my satisfaction, at least for a long while. Are there factors to influence their behavior or is it programmed for later in the war or what? For example Germany is basically solo Barb and Romania has to be forced with military control to do anything. Much later Italy and others will show up piecemeal, and I don't remember ever seeing Hungarian troops leave Hungary.
In the All In One (Gold Edition but maybe previous versions too) the German AI takes military control of the Axis minor armies through events (or maybe decisions). Playing as the Soviet Union, I see a lot of Axis minor divisions on the front, even Croats and Serbs. Curiously, I haven't seen any Italians except for their naval bombers operating in the Baltic from time to time. I think the mod directs Italy AI to focus on North Africa.

In the All In One (Gold Edition but maybe previous versions too) the German AI takes military control of the Axis minor armies through events (or maybe decisions). Playing as the Soviet Union, I see a lot of Axis minor divisions on the front, even Croats and Serbs. Curiously, I haven't seen any Italians except for their naval bombers operating in the Baltic from time to time. I think the mod directs Italy AI to focus on North Africa.
Well as Germany I was trying to avoid literally making the AI turn over direct control, partly because I didn't want to deal with their whole military situation as well as my own. I saw that Italy focuses on NA, badly. Last game almost the whole italian army got trapped in the desert and destroyed. When they did decide to send anything to the east, it was by leaving almost nothing in Italy itself.