• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First time playing this mod. Question: when playing as Germany I cannot build any ships at the start of the game. Only subs and transports. No surface warships at all. I researched the first carrier upgrade available and it too did not show up as an allowable build. I stopped playing somewhere in mid 33. Is there an event that allows further ship building or is this a bug?

After the lost WW1 Germany was forbidden to build any bigger warships (and panzers, air force, chemical weapons, bigger artillery, having an army bigger than 100k, no draft etc... all secretly circumvented at least to a small extent but not openly until 1935...).

Most of this changed in 1935: The ship limitations were changed in the anglo-german naval treaty, and enouraged by this, the successful reoccupation of the Rhineland/Ruhrgebiet and several other things Hitler from then on just ignored all the other restrictions, starting the Wehrmacht in 1935, reintroduction of a draft-system, Luftwaffe etc.

Quite some of this stuff is implemented in EoD and should show up as events at the approbiate date.
In game terms this means, you can research everything right from the start but are allowed to produce only later, usually after an event.

This is mod better/worse than the Blood & Iron mod? I know that is probably a silly question. I do like the map better in Blood & Iron. Having the terrain on the actual political map is nice.

Maybe this is an issue broader than the mod, but I'm not getting any automated spy missions. I set the settings to do missions as cheaply and as low a level as possible, and have maxed the priority and 'steal blueprint' sliders. 'Max. spy level' is at 20, and minimum is at zero. I'm already at 20. I've got USA, UK, USSR, and the French as targets.
_____
Ye, nvm. I had the mission chance set at 100.

@Blecky Thanks. I'm now seeing that the missions are also failing. The propaganda was getting to my head.

Last edited:
how can i find Eod 2.3 version?
woof took me a while but I found a download link lol I forgot 2.3 was a thing Now I'm downloading it too

here is a link to it

Edit: Be careful because as the post says it's Still Buggy and the mod maker hasn't put out a hotfix 2.3 yet

• 3Like
Reactions:
Big exploit with the ai versus ai. It would be great to use when playing as the British. Land in Aalborg, and evacuate to Fredrikshaven, and gain free experience while Germany wastes its manpower at a rate of 10 to 1 British casualty. Germany is using only one motorized army and all of its HQs to attack. It's been doing that for months since mid-late 1940 and it's March 1941 now. I figured ai made attacks based on how the combat modifiers are involved, so motorized are clearly terrible at crossing straits but it's using them, and only them, anyways. I went into the save as the British and deleted those units, I'm playing as Italy. :p

Attachments

• EoD_ai_exploit-0.jpg
    EoD_ai_exploit-0.jpg
    85,7 KB · Views: 0
  • EoD_ai_exploit-1.jpg
    EoD_ai_exploit-1.jpg
    121,3 KB · Views: 0
Is EOD compatible with the new update of darkest hour, and do i need to start a new game or will it worked with my saved game, been away for awhile playing war in the east 2, and i thought this game was complex

Is EOD compatible with the new update of darkest hour, and do i need to start a new game or will it worked with my saved game, been away for awhile playing war in the east 2, and i thought this game was complex
The DH Devs said the new patch (which is more like a hotfix) is compatible with all mods and no changes to the mods are necessary. As far as saves, I don't know. I'd just finish your current campaign and patch it up after that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am not sure if 2.3 allows this or not but (just downloading it now...) but in an earlier version the ability to assume control of an allied superpower by a smaller nation was not possible i.e. Playing as Canada I cannot assume control of Britain. This is a bit frustrating and Britain would invade southern europe, essentially run around in circles until all it's troop had been destroyed and they invade somewhere else and repeat. Bassically little hope of defeating Germany because of poor leadership by my more pawerfull allies.

How can I change it so I can "Assume control" of my allies? Note, I know how to take control of less powerfull nations I need to mad the game so I can take control of a more powerful nation.

Thanks for all the work! Love this game, I have been playing it since HOI first came out. Cheers,

I am not sure if 2.3 allows this or not but (just downloading it now...) but in an earlier version the ability to assume control of an allied superpower by a smaller nation was not possible i.e. Playing as Canada I cannot assume control of Britain. This is a bit frustrating and Britain would invade southern europe, essentially run around in circles until all it's troop had been destroyed and they invade somewhere else and repeat. Bassically little hope of defeating Germany because of poor leadership by my more pawerfull allies.

How can I change it so I can "Assume control" of my allies? Note, I know how to take control of less powerfull nations I need to mad the game so I can take control of a more powerful nation.

Thanks for all the work! Love this game, I have been playing it since HOI first came out. Cheers,
AFAIK there´s no entry in the misc-file, but you can try using the cheat "acceptall" (press F12, then enter acceptall, assume military control, enter acceptall, press F12). It works for DH Full but it does not work with TRP; I have not installed EoD, so I don´t know if you´ll be successful.

can anyone help? since downloading 2.3 the ministers for Italy pictures have gone? I saw a while ago people talking about this in the thread but i cant for the life of me find it now. Thank you.

AFAIK there´s no entry in the misc-file, but you can try using the cheat "acceptall" (press F12, then enter acceptall, assume military control, enter acceptall, press F12). It works for DH Full but it does not work with TRP; I have not installed EoD, so I don´t know if you´ll be successful.
Thanks for the tip. I will try and let you know. FYI, I found a newer update 2022May and the problem withthe allies was corrected. I guess I wasn't the only one experiencing this.

Best,
Mike

Hello,

I can't run EoD 2.2/2.3... It was working year ago, and now instead of 1933 scenario, I have standard HOI2 ones....
On lanucher I don't have an icon in "load a mod" window.
I've reinstalled the game/mods, but still same problem. Any ideas how to fix this one? Cheers
1667333325577.png

Hello,

I can't run EoD 2.2/2.3... It was working year ago, and now instead of 1933 scenario, I have standard HOI2 ones....
On lanucher I don't have an icon in "load a mod" window.
I've reinstalled the game/mods, but still same problem. Any ideas how to fix this one? Cheers
View attachment 900618
NVM, when unpacking winrar creates one more folder that contains the rest of the mod. When pasting correctly, it's working!

NVM, when unpacking winrar creates one more folder that contains the rest of the mod. When pasting correctly, it's working!
Yep, whenever someone posts that all they see is HOI2DD or Abyss than it's always the double folder issue.

can anyone help? since downloading 2.3 the ministers for Italy pictures have gone? I saw a while ago people talking about this in the thread but i cant for the life of me find it now. Thank you.
That seems to just be an issue with the 2.3 version. Reading the thread, there seems to be quite a few bugs - hopefully someone makes a hot-fix.

hello guys, been a decade away from dh... but

i have a question about event province trigger and few ideas for further events:

control = { province = 232 data = -3 } #what does -3 stand for?

i know -1 stands for country to whomst event has fired (edytowane)
im playing on edge of darkness 2.23, since it has event for Poland to join Axis

but started checking if it doesnt break even chain, wchich worries me it does, since for example fall gelb needs warsaw occupied as in the mentioned above trigger, (but doesnt have -1 which would mean germany, but -3 which i have no idea what it means)

obviously im playing as Poland, but want german ai to otherwise keep on going as historically

i also fear that in case of preemptive soviet invasion, im all alone, as german ai wont come to help untl soviets come to the german border

event ideas:
the poland in axis event chain ovisouly ends so soon because its a vent for mp games, but it could use a few sp aditional events too - like:

1.POL: second polish ultimatum to lithuania - annexation or war.

2.GER&POL: german-polish ultimatum to remaining baltics - do it or not? ->3.

3.LAT&EST: force them to join axis or do not defend them if soviets attack.

4.SOV: soviet preemptive strike at baltics and Poland

5.GER: Belarus and central ukraine with black sea coastline to Poland yes or no (+5 dissent -100with POL) -> 6.

6.POL: what to do with new lands, integrate all +15 dissent, Integrate Belarus, but puppet Ukraine +5dissent, puppet all -5 dissent.

7.GER&POL&HUN+ROM Joint axis parade in moscow -20 dissent to all axis members.

8.GER: turn against Poland after bitter peace? yes +15 dissent, Poland gets rebels spawned in ukrainian lands / no.

9.POL: turn against Germany after dday? yes -10dissent / no -> 10. if yes

10. POL: seek reconciliation with western allies.

11. POL: defeated by germany. "couldn't run away from fate forever"

12. POL: defeated by allies after germany(regardless if pol and ger split or not). "never trust anyone, not even yourself"

13a. POL: allies acknowledge polish gains in the east and west after germany defeated. "Poland recognized as super power, as both historical enemies lie crushed under polish boots."

13b. POL: allies limited acknowledgement of gains - Ukraine becomes free allied country, Poland gains only Gleivitz and east Prussia.

14.POL:Axis world victory with Poland in it. "World peace finally achieved and Poland has gained it's spot next to the sun. Thus history will know Poles as second leg of Nazism."

control = { province = 232 data = -3 } #what does -3 stand for?

In /Modding documentation/event commands.txt it is said (Under the New with Darkest Hour triggers).

"control = { province = a [data = tag] } # checks if province is controlled by country x. If data = -1 or no data then it's for country receiving event; -2 is Enemy; -3 is allied (war or diplomatic alliance) or event receiver"

So if province 232 (Warsaw) is controlled by Germany or other axis alliance countries the event would be fired.

• 2Like
Reactions: