• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@SolSys

The National focus link when clicked from the HOI4 main wiki page, has an intermittent broken link. It was working for me yesterday when I tested the link on the main wiki page.

However, today (roughly 24 hours later), it no longer works.

Most derivatives of the link do not work either.

National Focus.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
All,

The wiki page Defines has now been updated and verified to HOI4v 1.11.11 for all sections.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
I also realized there is no dedicated commander abilities page in wiki although some commander abilities are really good. More visibility may make people use them more.
EDIT: Sorry for not seeing this page:
I created dedicated commander ability page here https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Commander_ability
Added all details and missing abilities (one of the abilities seem unused strangely, about winter?)
I copied content (by adding all missing data) from https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Command_power page. I think its better now. I think command power page should be reorganized probably.

Last edited:
@SolSys

The HOI4 wiki is not properly updating uploaded image thumbnails.

Example 1 from wiki page File:Infrastructure.png.
Infrastructure icon.png

Example 2 from wiki page File:Constructions screen.jpg (clicking on the 17 July 2022 thumbnail correctly shows the 1.11.0 image).
Construction screenshot jpg.png

Example 2 continued. From wiki File:Constructions screen.jpg (File history - 17 July 2022 upload file shows "old" 10 June 2020 thumbnail when magnified; clicking on the file history 17 July 2022 thumbnail will open the updated17 July 2022 image as previously shown above).
File construction screen jpg history.png

Example 2 continued. From wiki User_interface page (shows outdated 10 June 2020 thumbnail).
User interface construction graphic.png

Example 2 continued. From wiki page User interface "Edit source" mode (shown to confirm graphic file involved).
User interface construction edit.png

Reactions:
This (thumbnails not updating) also an issue on other Paradox wikis, Stellaris wiki at least. Refreshing the cache (f5, etc.) sometimes works.

Reactions:
@SolSys

The HOI4 wiki is not properly updating uploaded image thumbnails.
Thanks for reaching out.

In general, images are set to refresh once a day. I'm not sure on what may be the cause for this and am, sadly, too pressed for time to fully research it.

There is a workaround that I am aware of to circumvent it until the next time the image is updated and that is by changing the px size of the image when embedding it on a page (1px change will be enough).

I'll forward it to the devs. Maybe they'll have more luck.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Updating graphics files is still "broken" for the wiki. Reference the thumbnail map on wiki page File:Victory_point_map.png uploaded August 04, 2022 and compare to the embedded map below. The wiki thumbnail still shows the HOI4v 1.5.4 victory points while the embedded map below shows HOI4v 1.11.12 victory points. Any idea when the broken thumbnail issue will be fixed?
victory_point_map.png

Reactions: