• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BloodAsp

Second Lieutenant
39 Badges
Feb 27, 2015
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Hi,

2 questions:
1. What is the best way to get military experience without abusing levies? Drill, or should I hire merc and drill them? I can't get information on how it is being generated...
2. What is good legion composition for civilized nations (example Macedon)? I get that core should be HI, should I follow bonuses I get from tree? That would make first row Archers (4-6), second HI core (+ - 20), wings LC (10). Should I add HC and WE as well? Where would they be added if I don't get them their position?

Hi,

2 questions:
1. What is the best way to get military experience without abusing levies? Drill, or should I hire merc and drill them? I can't get information on how it is being generated...
2. What is good legion composition for civilized nations (example Macedon)? I get that core should be HI, should I follow bonuses I get from tree? That would make first row Archers (4-6), second HI core (+ - 20), wings LC (10). Should I add HC and WE as well? Where would they be added if I don't get them their position?
1. High war exhaustion + 1 unit legion being drilled to 100% experience. (Mercs cannot be drilled)

2. Vanilla promotes buffing only one unit disc+offense+Defense+Morale bonus with different military traditions and inventions to get a superunit that wins all trades with any other unit whatever the versus. The unit you choose depends on where you start and which cultures military traditions you have access to.

Last edited:
Reactions:
1. High war exhaustion + 1 unit legion being drilled to 100% experience. (Mercs cannot be drilled)
Mercs are on top harmful here, as they apply a negative modifier on the rate ME is gained.

Reactions:
I settled for fun legion:
First row 8X Archers, second 20 HI, Wings 10 LC, 10 HC, 2WE (not positoned, I assume they find their way somehow).
Obviously Diadochi army without WE is no army at all :)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I settled for fun legion:
First row 8X Archers, second 20 HI, Wings 10 LC, 10 HC, 2WE (not positoned, I assume they find their way somehow).
Obviously Diadochi army without WE is no army at all :)
As I recall, WE get put in rather dumb places, since for their cost and power you want them to tank as much as possible for as long as possible, but they get put either in the mainline or the flanks instead of the first row.