Is the game will return to production?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Official Word: Once a game goes into Legacy, it usually stays there unless a third party publisher either picks up the rights or there is a huge demand for the game that generates enough attention to get the Devs back into the mix. These are unlikely edge cases, but not impossible.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Official Word: Once a game goes into Legacy, it usually stays there unless a third party publisher either picks up the rights or there is a huge demand for the game that generates enough attention to get the Devs back into the mix. These are unlikely edge cases, but not impossible.
oh...that's sad. I'd love see this game completed.

Thank you for your answer!

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Ohh, I thought the team was put somewhere else temporary to return in the future.
But knowing it has been abandoned now and so soon.
I won't have my hopes up anymore for a return :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
what would it take to obtain the rights to the game from the likes of Paradox?

• 2Like
Reactions:
What is considered as a "huge demand"?

• 7Like
Reactions:
Ohh, I thought the team was put somewhere else temporary to return in the future.
But knowing it has been abandoned now and so soon.
I won't have my hopes up anymore for a return :(

They lied, they were never coming back, it was just better PR to dangle the possibility of a return to development, than admit they were ending development forever.

• 3Like
Reactions:
finally putting us out of our misery. ty for the update

• 7Like
Reactions:
Very bad faith from PDX, although I and many others understood what was happening lasy April, that development had ceased forever, many people have been clinging onto a false hope that you perpetuated.

You knew full-well that this game was never going to see any more development.

:mad:

• 28Like
Reactions:
Thank you for responding and bringing us the desired official statement :)

Maybe it's only me, but without it I wouldn't have detected that IR has entered (or is already longer in?) the "Legacy" state (now)...I wonder what defines this state or marks the point when a game reaches it, as it is likely not the information the development has interrupted we have received more than a year ago and what "officially" communicates it, said Legacy state...a statement like above? removal of certain sticky posts? X time having passed? Or is there just no exact point? In my ideal world communication could/would be clearer (like a sticky thread being opened and directly communicating it)...but again...that's just my personal opinion and as stated initially, I'm very grateful that you took the time to keep us informed.

Reactions:
Thank you for responding and bringing us the desired official statement :)

Maybe it's only me, but without it I wouldn't have detected that IR has entered (or is already longer in?) the "Legacy" state (now)...I wonder what defines this state or marks the point when a game reaches it, as it is likely not the information the development has interrupted we have received more than a year ago and what "officially" communicates it, said Legacy state...a statement like above? removal of certain sticky posts? X time having passed? Or is there just no exact point? In my ideal world communication could/would be clearer (like a sticky thread being opened and directly communicating it)...but again...that's just my personal opinion and as stated initially, I'm very grateful that you took the time to keep us informed.

If you had read between the lines you'd have known last April.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
And in understandable language, what does that mean? The game is officially on hiatus due to lack of staff so what does your message mean?

Honestly you abandon us for more than a year and you let us go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And in understandable language, what does that mean? The game is officially on hiatus due to lack of staff so what does your message mean?

Honestly you abandon us for more than a year and you let us go.

It's PR spin. They have closed down IR for good. That's all there is to it. They closed down IR last April, that's the truth anything else is total BS.

The game was never "on hiatus due to lack of staff" that was a LIE. It was shut down last April. It was never coming back, as there was no money in it.

I know people who had hopes for the game having more development didn't want to believe that at the time, and still don't and still don't really want to believe that PDX led them up the garden path with thier communication, but they absolutely did.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's PR spin. They have closed own IR for good. That's all there is to it. They closed down IR last April, that's the truth anything else is total BS.

The game was never "on hiatus" that was a LIE. It was shut down last April.
Let them answer. I want to hear it from their mouth and depending there will be a ret...

• 1Like
Reactions:
not sure what a ret... is?
Sorry, it's the French - English translation from google, I don't speak English fluently. That's until there's a response from me when the person replies to my message. And personally I don't care that the answer was there a year ago. When paradox says something I don't want to look for subtext that says otherwise. They said in April 2021 that the game was on hiatus due to lack of staff and whatever subtext is the official stance, until it changes. The person must explain himself clearly (regardless of whether we are understood or not what that implies).

• 4Like
Reactions:
well at least there is one good thing about it...

i dont need to remember the passwort anymore cause i can delete my acc now xDD

• 2Haha
Reactions: