• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MariaWB

Recruit
Jun 19, 2022
Since the newest release and update, I can no longer launch the game in legacy - which is the only way I play the game, cause it's so buggy otherwise. When I try, I get 'error 51'. Also won't launch in safe mode (same error).
The game launches fine normally.
I tried turning off all mods, still won't launch.
I verified files, still won't work.

Please fix it so I can play.

Upvote 0
I was able to launcher the game in both modes on two different machines just fine. So I suspect this problem is connected with your inability to run it in standard mode too.

What exactly happens when you do that? After running it like that (or trying to) Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt
Unity player.log
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Here you go.

I can play the game regularly just fine with the launcher. But I don't want to since it's so buggy.

I un- and reinstalled the game and it still does it.

Attachments

• pafail.png
    pafail.png
    90,4 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.txt
    779,8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    113,8 KB · Views: 0
I can play the game regularly just fine with the launcher. But I don't want to since it's so buggy.
I don't follow what you are saying here sorry. Just fine but buggy? In what respect?

That debug log shows a lot of problems with mods, which presumably have not been updated to work with the new game patch. Please try this:

- uninstall PA from Steam
- unsubscribe from all mods in this game's Steam Workshop

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/PA
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Introversion/Prison Architect/
(keep any valued save games, of course)
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Now install PA again and see how that goes please!

Did all that, still won't start.
In any of the 3 launch modes?

Any change in symptoms whatsoever?

And can you clarify what you meant here please?

Since that Legacy mode works fine for me on two machines, I'm quite sure this is some issue with your machine, but what I cannot imagine! A weird one.

I don't understand this bit though:
I want to play in legacy mode cause I don't like newer changes made to the game.
For me legacy mode starts the exact same game as normal mode does, now the Kite_1.00 . Are you saying it runs (or ran) some older game version for you?

When I play in non-legacy mode, I get lots of weird bugs.

Like no matter what I do, the prisoners are always demanding more safety. Cooks don't cook, or the prisoners don't eat the food. Janitors don't clean, and guards don't transport prisoners, so those in handcuffs end up standing in the same spot, starving to death. It doesn't matter if I have 100 guards for 100 prisoners - it still happens.

It doesn't happen in legacy mode, which was why I always played it that way.

Like no matter what I do, the prisoners are always demanding more safety. Cooks don't cook, or the prisoners don't eat the food. Janitors don't clean, and guards don't transport prisoners, so those in handcuffs end up standing in the same spot, starving to death. It doesn't matter if I have 100 guards for 100 prisoners - it still happens.
I'm pretty sure these are not normal, or experienced by all other players - we'd certainly know if they were! Any mods involved?

Perhaps you could put up a saved prison (started since the recent patch) that shows those issues, and some of the experience gameplayers here could look into the possible causes?

Please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here please.