Will there be local production chains?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is something i dont like about the game as it currently stands (as far as we know). A tools industry when you have iron and coal in the same province should at least decrease infrastructure usage by half of what it would be if those input resources were produced in another state...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would like them to separate the intra-state infrastructure and the inter-state infrastructure.

The intra-state would be used for how many 'buildings' the state can support or how industrialized the state is becoming. Or is this just added 'buildings' adding the urban centers?

The inter-state would be used for trade and its need would be based on the buy/sell orders not supported in the state.

Reactions:
I feel like the way to counter small compact countries from having to spam railroads in two states looking at you Belgium is perhaps have free infrastructure scale with population that was Kansas with 2k people doesnt have the same as Brussels and the latter gets a bunch of free infrastructure as to not require so many.

Reactions:
Thanks for replies, all. So it seems there's nothing quite like it, but they were at least considering it a while back.

I would just like to say that my favorite part of Vicky 2 was creating different factory production chains in states with different RGOs in them. Seeing all those green numbers on the factory page was immensely satisfying.
I'm glad! My two favourite thing where having really efficient industry and seeing my pops' daily needs being met, so I'm hoping V3 presses those buttons again.

Wait, @Darkrenown no longer works for Paradox?

Not for a while! I left in Dec 2019. Since then I've been working on Old World (and of course added a Comet sighted event...), and now I'm off to [redacted].

Fun fact, V2 was the first PDS game I worked on (started during the post-release patches), then Podcat and I made the expansions - Now V3 is gonna be the first PDS base game I have to buy myself in many years :eek:

Reactions:
Thanks for replies, all. So it seems there's nothing quite like it, but they were at least considering it a while back.

I'm glad! My two favourite thing where having really efficient industry and seeing my pops' daily needs being met, so I'm hoping V3 presses those buttons again.

Not for a while! I left in Dec 2019. Since then I've been working on Old World (and of course added a Comet sighted event...), and now I'm off to [redacted].

Fun fact, V2 was the first PDS game I worked on (started during the post-release patches), then Podcat and I made the expansions - Now V3 is gonna be the first PDS base game I have to buy myself in many years :eek:
See part of me actually didn’t like it I never wanted to build factories in my coal provinces even with the bonus because many of those miners would become craftsmen leading to less coal being produced.

Reactions:
If I'm not mistaken, state-level economies are already modeled in case of low market access. Is the game not able to determine if and how much of a required input is produced locally? Reducing infrastructure requirements of buildings in direct proportion to how much of their inputs are sourced locally could be a good way of modeling the importance of local production chains even if differences in transportation cost can't be properly modeled.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really wish for a local production chain. It's also useful for AI as a deciding factor if any automation is in place like a laissez faire system. It should provide some kind of bonus like, the raw material doesn't need to use insfrastructure&transportation and that's why its cost should be lower. In the other hand, raw materials coming from a state which has %100 access to market should have the base&normal price.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: