• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I postponed this decision as long as I could (but I hope within a reason). Selecting an "heir" wasn't an easy task and unfortunately I must give up.
1652801624269.gif
Anyways, maybe next time; cheers!

[Sincere apologies for the belated congratulations to the previous winner; this is posted as a remedy for congratulation.]
It's time for a fan to shine, one I think has not had the honor to win this awAARd before. A fan who I have seen around more and more lately, even though their total post count is still low. Macavity will surely recognize this fan, as a lot of their posts are directed that way. Von Acturus, please take the stage! :D

Leaving with twilight though I was chosen
To wander the way in the darkest of nights
Oh, in the summer sun how soon I came to stray
A true damnation, when I turned away

So began @Von Acturus ' reign, washed away all my pain
I feel brighter somehow, lighter somehow to breathe once again
Cheers for the fan rain, washed my sorrows away
With the sunset behind somehow I find the dreams are to stay
So fell autumn rain

Blinded by dawning so stories would take me
Further away away from the fall
Oh, tales told me I must forever dream again
A true celebration, words cured my pain

So fell autumn rain, but all things must pass

So began Von Acturus’ reign, washed away all my pain
I feel brighter somehow, lighter somehow to breathe once again
Congrat’s for the fan rain, washed my sorrows away
With the sunset behind somehow I find the dreams are to stay

So began the next reign [*]

[*] Appropriated from So Fell Autumn Rain of the album Forever Autumn by Lake of Tears (1999)

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Though a tad late, here I am to pass on this award. After careful consideration, I choose nominate eoncommander, last nominated roughly one year ago, whose positive and insightful comments I very much appreciate (as do many other AARwriters, surely)!

Leave the sleep and let the springtime talk
In tongues from the time before man
Listen to a daffodil tell her tale
Let the guest in, walk out, be the first to greet the morn

The meadows of sky await harvest
The cliffs unjumped, cold waters untouched
The elsewhere creatures yet unseen
Finally your number came up, free fall awaits the brave

Come, congratulate @eoncommander
Cheer for the fan
Words
will guide you to the joy
Writing AARs till the end of time

Come, surf the clouds
Race the dark
It feeds from the runs undone
Meet me where the words greet the dreams

The answer to the riddle before your eyes
Is in dead leaves and fleeting skies
Returning swans and sedulous mice
Writings on the writAARs’ book
In the minute of a readAARs’ look

Building a sandcastle close to the shore
A house of cards from a worn out deck
A home from the fellowship, poise and calm
Write a lyric for the song only you can understand

Come, taste the words
Race the time
They will guide you to the joy
Writing posts till the end of time

Come, surf the AARs
Celebrate eoncommander
Cheers
feed the joy forever
Meet me where the real greets the fantasy

Riding hard every shooting star
Come AARlanders, post comments, have a laugh with the fans
Come, drink deep let the dam of mind seep
Write with great élan, dance the words for the fan

Come! [*]

[*] Appropriated from Élan of the album Endless Forms Most Beautiful by Nightwish (2015)

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Once again, thank you all for the appreciation. In particular, I will shout out @filcat , for... whatever it is you do. For everything you do! Thank you for the song.

I would like to nominate @coz1 to be recognized as our AAR Fan of the Week. Twenty years of dedicated service, including a recent spell helming the Year-End AwAARds, seems to deserve its own honor, but for now this is what I have to offer. Congratulations @coz1 !

• 2Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
A most deserving win to @coz1 , bravo old friend!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Most deserved congratulations @coz1 ! One of the main pillars of AARland can't be celebrated enough!

Well this is a lovely surprise to start the week on. :cool:

Thanks to each and all for the well wishes, especially to you @eoncommander for passing it to me. While I don't get around and read as much as I used to (thus not as many comments) I do try to find ways to give back to this place that has given me so much enjoyment and friendship for these last twenty years. It really is my pleasure to do so. AARland is such a special place which is why I have never been able to leave it even if I have taken a break every now and then over the years. It's always been in my mind that regardless of being a mod or not (I have more fun the latter way, thank you ;) ) if there is something that I may do to help this place be even better than it already is, I will do whatever I am humanly capable of doing (sometimes even at great personal risk :p .)

It was how I was taught when the denizens of the fledgling AARland invited and encouraged me so many years ago so I will always try to pass that on. And I will do so again come a week when it is once more my turn to pick a successor.

Thank you all again! :)

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations @coz1! Always well deserved, but as @eoncommander notes your yearly efforts at wrangling the YAYAs definitely merit particular recognition. :D

Belated congratulations also to those I’ve missed lately! Essay season has hit with a vengeance :D

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Warmest congratulations to the mighty @coz1 :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn - It's a new day - It's a new life for me
And I'm feeling good

AARs in the forum, you know how I feel
Comments running free, you know how I feel
Blossom on the pages, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new fan
It's a new congrat’s for @coz1

Dreams out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know?
Stories all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when the day is done, that's just what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world, for me
And I'm congratulating coz1

Stars when you comment, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And that's just how I cheer

It's a new fan
It's a new day
It's a new celebration for coz1
And I'm feeling good

I feel good - I feel good - I-I-I yeah
I'm feeling good know, hey
You know I'm feeling good
You know I'm congratulating, yeah

You know how I feel - You know how I feel - You know [*]

[*] Appropriated from Feeling Good of the album It's A New Dawn by Victory (2017)

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
That's a kind verse @filcat but I'm a little disappointed in the attribution. ;) It's a great song from the 60's. My favorite version is by Nina Simone. :cool:

Either war, thank you and all of the others that have continued to offer kind words. :)

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That's a kind verse filcat but I'm a little disappointed in the attribution. ;)
Should have included the information on the original by Cy Grant 1964 (cannot find the one with Gilbert Price though). Besides,

It's a great song from the 60's. My favorite version is by Nina Simone.
...personally also knew the song only by Nina Simone 1965; and selfishly reserved her version for one of the own AARs. Despite this, managed to forgot the reference. You have every right to get disappointed.

Though, Victory Boyd's version is the only credible one so far Anno Nina Simone. Cheers!

• 2Like
Reactions:
@filcat - you could do worse. It remains a great song no matter who covers it.

Thank you again to all as it will always be an honor. And now my watch is over. Time to pass this on and I must say, it was not easy to find my successor. Allow me a slight divergence here...at the first I wanted to find someone that had not recently won it. That was difficult. It seems we've hit a bit of a lull recently in which a lot of the same people are getting around and so they have found recent honor. To them, I say thank you and that is what keeps the blood flowing. We are made cool by the winds of these fans!

Yet to find someone else that may not have won it or at least recently become more difficult. My second thought was that we have a lot of fans that prefer to just "like" or "love" a post but don't say much while offering an occasional comment. I won't get into any dissertation as to what I think of that particular new phenomenon (at least for me who lived before the advent of the internet) but it did get me to thinking that these are fans too. I'm sure we'd all wish these fans were more vocal but a like is a like and a love is a love. And anyone reading our works surely finds some love from me.

Thus I would like to extend the next Fan of the Week to @Historywhiz who has continued to follow my own works and as I see many of yours as well. I hope this honor may cause more words because they are always valued! What is it that @stnylan says? "To view is human. To comment is divine."

No matter which way cools us, this goes to a well deserving membAAR that as best I can tell has never won this nod. And I always love to do that! Welcome, thank you and absolutely congratulations. :)

• 4Like
Reactions: