• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

armyissue69

Recruit
6 Badges
Apr 22, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
So Im sitting pretty in Thuringia, bunch of money all saved up, fat army, winning wars, everything upgraded as possible around 900AD. Liege is King of E. Frank and attacked by Bavaria for title. Bavaria wins, bunch of counts(esses) and dukes (duchesses) keep their titles and I lose half of my stuff.
Here is my gripe: When faced with a forfeiture of lands you should be able to win vassalage and/or independence by saying “Ummm no, you’re not getting my titles” and fighting your way. Just like if you revoke a title from a vassal they have a choice to make. I have so much money I could hire massive mercs. Now I dont care which liege runs me as a vassal, throughout my play ive been ruled by italy and W. Frank multiple times. Not once did they pull my junk.

edit note: bavaria same culture and religion as me

Reactions:
You might like the mod "More Interactive Vassels". This mod gives the option, when war is declared, for vassels to join. It also lists the war goal. In your case you would have seen Bavaria coming after your lands and could have joined in the defense...instead of vanilla CK3 where Bavaria just showed up as hostile armies.

So Im sitting pretty in Thuringia, bunch of money all saved up, fat army, winning wars, everything upgraded as possible around 900AD. Liege is King of E. Frank and attacked by Bavaria for title. Bavaria wins, bunch of counts(esses) and dukes (duchesses) keep their titles and I lose half of my stuff.
You lose half because half your titles were in one de jure, half in the other,
Here is my gripe: When faced with a forfeiture of lands you should be able to win vassalage and/or independence by saying “Ummm no, you’re not getting my titles” and fighting your way.
You can make a faction for independence, you could've joined the war yourself to support your liege, there are several in game options at your disposal
Just like if you revoke a title from a vassal they have a choice to make. I have so much money I could hire massive mercs. Now I dont care which liege runs me as a vassal, throughout my play ive been ruled by italy and W. Frank multiple times. Not once did they pull my junk.

edit note: bavaria same culture and religion as me
You have claims to lost land so fight those wars

Reactions: