Having Issues with matrilineal marriage

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SFBisTimG

Second Lieutenant
22 Badges
Mar 29, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I marry My sisters/daughters via matrilineal marriage and give their husbands land. But when they have kids the children don't become the Heirs. I'm still listed as the Heir to the land even tho they have a son. Is there a reason this would happen that I'm just not aware of? The kid is definitely his as it has both mother's and fathers inheritable traits.

20220511011635_1.jpg

Do children inherit unpressed claims from the pressed claims of their mothers, normally?

I wonder if there's some sort of single-sided inheritance check that's ignoring the non-dominant partner?

Disclaimer: The above is musing, not to be confused with knowledge.

The kid should definitely be the heir here. Unless there is a problem with a mod, I would assume that the GUI just hasn't updated yet.

Reactions:
Based on the picture (infinite supply), what mods are you using? Do any of them mess with inheritance laws?
none that I know of but I'm not 100% sure of everything every mod changes (and I run around 100). Never had it happen before in any of my games. I started a new game tho and it is working as its suppose to again.

would love to get rid of the infinite supply but AI just starves it self to death during wars (especially great holy wars) Would prefer a mod that only gave AI infinite supply.

The succession logic tends to be a bit slow to catch up sometimes when kids are born.

Generally if you hover over the title to see the succession, it will force it to recalculate and say "oh yeah, things have changed" and update the heirs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The succession logic tends to be a bit slow to catch up sometimes when kids are born.

Generally if you hover over the title to see the succession, it will force it to recalculate and say "oh yeah, things have changed" and update the heirs.
this was it as it started happening again in my new game, and if I went to succession it forced it to update.