How many advantages the US need, over Its competitors, to dominate the Seven Seas?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Happy Trigger

Major
18 Badges
May 14, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
I believe that everyone is aware that, the US have enough Oil to keep Its fleet in constantly training to finish their navy doctrine + research all modules available before anyone in the game, but, come on Paradox, giving a Chief of Navy: Navy Reformer to the US is outrageous, especially in these circumstances. Look at it:
USA.png

Ernest King doesn't have the Ironside trait, but starts as Navy Reformer, which gives +0.16 Navy Exp Daily. Meanwhile, look at Japan and Italy. Both of them have leaders with the Ironside trait that will never become Naval Reformers, because was choose that they needed to be Capital Ships Experts.
ITA.png
JAP.png

Why help the US that don't need any help, and remove the choice of the player, to choose if he wants a Capital Ships Expert, or a Naval Reformer? I doubt anyone wouldn't choose the later.

• 1Like
Reactions:
See, I look at it the other way. They give Ernest King a role that I will never use as the US (since I don't need the extra .05 daily XP over a different Naval Expert). That being said, Japan really could use a reformer because they can't afford to train their navy simply to grind Naval XP, especially not when they go to war so early and might want to have at least some Air Support eating up what little fuel they have.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Is that where it originated? That isn't where I heard of it, I hardly watch their videos before, but especially after the fiasco they caused by platforming someones graphs.

Reactions:
It always has bugged me that the US gets suck highly skilled people right off the bat and I do realize that was a balance decision since they generally start late but because they start late they get to build themselves up so much and can focus on the long game while other countries need to focus on more short-term objectives since they aren't shielded by two oceans.

It always has bugged me that the US gets suck highly skilled people right off the bat and I do realize that was a balance decision since they generally start late but because they start late they get to build themselves up so much and can focus on the long game while other countries need to focus on more short-term objectives since they aren't shielded by two oceans.
Makes sense, though, when the US has the biggest Oil supplies in game and achieve almost infinite navy exp. with that, we can't call it "balance decision" anymore. Especially when they give the USN a 'Navy Reformer', but block the Axis nations of getting one.