• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, haven't been here in a while. I've been reading the warlord chronicles books and I've got a hankering to play again.

What are fun playthroughs which don't have a lot of book spoilers? I obviously want to do an Arthur run but only after I'm done with the trilogy. I'd like especially runs with a decent amount of content or with interesting/challenging scenarios. Soissons is obvious but I'm wondering what else?
IMO the Picts are a good bit of fun and I doubt there'd be any book spoilers that far north

Why banned the dynamic dejure system in alternative start?

Because the dynamic de jure system makes less sense - or at least would need to be significantly adjusted - in an alternative start where cultures are shifted around dramatically, and as alternative starts don't mix very well with the heavily event-driven nature of the mod it wasn't considered important enough to merit creating a sensible alternative for it.

When I reform a pagan religion(for example, excalibur bookmark, aelle anglo-saxon religion) and choose feature agnatic clan, the succ law will changed to old feudal, but after that if I adopt germanic government and grant a duchy title to my same religion count vassal, the succ law of the vassal will change to gavelkind(when grant a county, the succ law will first be gavelkind and change to old feudal 1 day later automatically), and will never change back.
And I tried another test, if I do not adopt germanic and stay tribal/high tribal, grant a county the succ law will be old feudal from the beginning, and then grant a duchy will not change the succ law to gavelkind.

Another thing, why bretwalda aelle in excalibur bookmark cannot use invasion cb? I tried removed his shy trait and get patient trait to make his dip more than 15 and mar more than 17, but he still can't use this cb.

Last edited:
When I reform a pagan religion(for example, excalibur bookmark, aelle anglo-saxon religion) and choose feature agnatic clan, the succ law will changed to old feudal, but after that if I adopt germanic government and grant a duchy title to my same religion count vassal, the succ law of the vassal will change to gavelkind(when grant a county, the succ law will first be gavelkind and change to old feudal 1 day later automatically), and will never change back.
And I tried another test, if I do not adopt germanic and stay tribal/high tribal, grant a county the succ law will be old feudal from the beginning, and then grant a duchy will not change the succ law to gavelkind.

That's odd, we'll take a look and see if there's anything we can do about it.

Another thing, why bretwalda aelle in excalibur bookmark cannot use invasion cb? I tried removed his shy trait and get patient trait to make his dip more than 15 and mar more than 17, but he still can't use this cb.

It's kind of bugged and can't be used until 550, I think. But the invasion cb as a whole is kind of obsolete and doesn't fit well with the rest of the cbs, and might get removed entirely.

The frankish invasion burgundy war event can not be triggered correctly if start before Clovis bookmark(I start from 410). I had committed it in moddb several years ago and this error still exists.
You can have a look at the message box in the bottom of the image.
ck2_3.png

And I think trigger major wars or revolts(for example, anglo-saxon duchy independence in non dejure kingdom) is not a good idea.
I attached the save file for your debugging. This is the 2nd time frankish invasion burgundy war trigger error in the save file. I also have the 1st error screenshot below:
ck2_2.png

I also find that high king of Ireland can invasion scotland and corner of wales but there is not any dejure shift events about that. Will you have this added in later updates?

Attachments

• Eire543_11_24.ck2
    10,7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Color of e_ireland is so deep, after create this title look at map not feel well. Can you make it brighter?

The frankish invasion burgundy war event can not be triggered correctly if start before Clovis bookmark(I start from 410). I had committed it in moddb several years ago and this error still exists.
You can have a look at the message box in the bottom of the image.
View attachment 832035

I attached the save file for your debugging. This is the 2nd time frankish invasion burgundy war trigger error in the save file. I also have the 1st error screenshot below:
View attachment 832039

Thanks, we'll look into it. A reminder, though, that the 410 start has a warning for a reason.

And I think trigger major wars or revolts(for example, anglo-saxon duchy independence in non dejure kingdom) is not a good idea.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say here?

I also find that high king of Ireland can invasion scotland and corner of wales but there is not any dejure shift events about that. Will you have this added in later updates?

We could consider something, yeah.

In my save file in #5854,
1, The archdruid title of reformed gael pagan, I dont know why but it was usurped by a tribal druid ruler, and then become a tribal government from theocracy and inherited by his descendants even they do not have druid trait, like caliphates. Is it right or a bug?
2, All legions had fallen, but some of their event troops remained. You can search earmark="legio in my save file to find the three remained legion troops.

Last edited:
In my save file in #5854,
1, The archdruid title of reformed gael pagan, I dont know why but it was usurped by a tribal druid ruler, and then become a tribal government from theocracy and inherited by his descendants even they do not have druid trait, like caliphates. Is it right or a bug?

It sounds buggy, but to check, is Holy Fury enabled, and if so, what religious leadership did you choose when you reformed?

2, All legions had fallen, but some of their event troops remained. You can search earmark="legio in my save file to find the three remained legion troops.

Do you have saves from before the legion fallen events fired?