• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Game looks dead as dead can be. No new updates in many months, I think we're scoobied.
Sadly, yes. No communication for months on any channel, no updates on bugs, nothing at all. The discord server hasn't seen any news (though, there are still people with official roles on there) and I have no idea who to reach out to now to get any sort of actual answer. Seems just like everyone cut ties and ran somewhen around Christmas 2021.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sadly, yes. No communication on any channel,

Sadly, yes. No communication for months on any channel, no updates on bugs, nothing at all. The discord server hasn't seen any news (though, there are still people with official roles on there) and I have no idea who to reach out to now to get any sort of actual answer. Seems just like everyone cut ties and ran somewhen around Christmas 2021.

Yeah, I'm definitely disappointed. Nothing has been noted by the developers at all. It's so weird that there is absolutely no communication since their last big update. I'm a bit surprised since we were promised at least one more DLC, as well as a follow-up of adding modding capability into the game. I'm still holding out hope, but with no dev diaries, no discord chatter, and just no talk on the next patch/release; my hope is starting to die out.

I had a lot of hope for this game, I hope they haven't given up on it already. Even little updates of what the team's up to would suffice to keep the fans engaged and looking forward.

Yes. They have given up and walked away. Their discord is silent. The developers will no longer respond in any manner whatsoever.

They still owe the community one DLC from advanced sales which will never materialize.

I guess they were the gangsters and we were the patsies.

Very disappointing. Live and learn.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unfortunately, I worry it will always be a good game that could have been really great.

I still hold out a tiny bit of hope that something more is coming, but it is feeling more and more unlikely.

Steam should really have a mechanic in place for things like this. While it is just one DLC that we will likely never get, it's still a DLC we technically paid for and may never get. The company should have some culpability for that, even if it is minimal.

Reactions:
Yes. They have given up and walked away. Their discord is silent. The developers will no longer respond in any manner whatsoever.

They still owe the community one DLC from advanced sales which will never materialize.

I guess they were the gangsters and we were the patsies.

Very disappointing. Live and learn.
The problem of course is, they could have gone radio silent for some other reason. It sure looks they they walked away, but it's not confirmed. Which, of course, is a bit hard to achieve with no communication from anyone associated with the game.

Wow bs

Reactions:
The problem of course is, they could have gone radio silent for some other reason. It sure looks they they walked away, but it's not confirmed. Which, of course, is a bit hard to achieve with no communication from anyone associated with the game.

Maezza is the daughter of the devs. For better or worse she was in charge of all feedback, and one of the problems with this game is she would openly praise any positive comments while completely ignoring the hard truths of the game's areas of opportunities.

Maezza stated on the EoS Discord, in response to any kind of an update from the Devs, "I will no longer be monitoring these threads and have been given another assignment".

Every customer facing representative of the game who spoke for the Devs in either these forums or on their Discord, those paid by Paradox and by the Devs, have all taken other jobs.

Come to your own conclusion.

Last edited:
Got ripped for $70 US on this game. I did that based on Paradox reputation as a solid game developer/publisher. What a waste. Play City of Gangsters, it’s not RTS type but it’s deep and updates and DLC are regular and competitive priced. EoS feels like a damn money grab and we got stiffed.

Maezza is the daughter of the devs. For better or worse she was in charge of all feedback, and one of the problems with this game is she would openly praise any positive comments while completely ignoring the hard truths of the game's areas of opportunities.

Maezza stated on the EoS Discord, in response to any kind of an update from the Devs, "I will no longer be monitoring these threads and have been given another assignment".

Every customer facing representative of the game who spoke for the Devs in either these forums or on their Discord, those paid by Paradox and by the Devs, have all taken other jobs.

Come to your own conclusion.
I’ve concluded that pre-orders from Paradox are not always a great idea. For every HOI4, there’s this trash. Stick with the bread and butter games, EU, HOI, CK, and Victoria.

Reactions:
Maybe, as their publisher, and this being their forum, Paradox might like to shine a bit of light on the matter?

To add my own completely baseless speculation, I don't think the game recovered from how poorly it was received. We got a DLC to fulfil contractual obligations (although technically we're owed another) but if it became financially unviable to continue then Paradox will simply have pulled the plug on it, as has happened with other projects in similar predicaments.