• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ever wondered what the odds were for specific colony events, or which climate preference gets the most? Check out the newly revamped Colony events page!

Regardless of whether it's good or not (up to community), the icon usage in the table makes them unreadable.

I couldn't figure why you used the different biome icons. From what I understood they stand for "yes" (please correct me if I read it wrong).
If the table is binary (yes/no) I'd advise to pick one, preferably the one that appears less, and use it in the table while leaving the 2nd option with empty cells.

The above will make the table easier to read by making the chosen icon pop (and empty cells meaning the opposite) and also make the page easier to load.

Reactions:
Regardless of whether it's good or not (up to community), the icon usage in the table makes them unreadable.

I couldn't figure why you used the different biome icons. From what I understood they stand for "yes" (please correct me if I read it wrong).
If the table is binary (yes/no) I'd advise to pick one, preferably the one that appears less, and use it in the table while leaving the 2nd option with empty cells.

The above will make the table easier to read by making the chosen icon pop (and empty cells meaning the opposite) and also make the page easier to load.
I've removed the Xs from all columns except gestalt availability, and set the colony event trigger table to be automatically collapsed.

I used the biome icons because the table is pretty long, and expected to grow longer as more events are added. If I just used checks:

colony table yes.png

Needing to keep scrolling up to the top of the table and back down to the event row you're looking at to see which planet class column you're in seemed like it would be a poor interface.

What happened with the wiki?! It's design is now so ugly and unfinished -- It's looks like the style of wiki used in smartphones -- I hate it!

EDIT: I discovered that for some reason, the design of the wiki changed from "desktop" to "smartphone". Honestly, the one responsible for hiding that link for the desktop version in the botton of the page should be fired imediately.

Last edited:
What happened with the wiki?! It's design is now so ugly and unfinished -- It's looks like the style of wiki used in smartphones -- I hate it!

EDIT: I discovered that for some reason, the design of the wiki changed from "desktop" to "smartphone". Honestly, the one responsible for hiding that link for the desktop version in the botton of the page should be fired imediately.
That link is in the same place for all wikis using the MediaWiki software.

Stupid MediaWiki Software.

Perhaps consider changing back to desktop mode as default if possible, most images are broken for me:
Stellaris Wiki.png
Switching back to desktop mode fixes things, but I shouldn't have to scroll to the bottom of the page and force a reload just to read an article.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Exactly. Desktop Mode should be default for all wikis, not something we need to change or that is imposed upon us from time to time.

Reactions:
I did my first wiki change...

I have been playing Stellaris for a year and only just realised you could build more than one Ring World... because the damn wiki specified that "each multistage structure can only be built once per empire". I felt so dumb when I realised that I had been doing it wrong all of this time, and I hope my amendment saves hundreds, nay thousands of other players the pain and misery that was caused by this lack of information.

I will now fill the sky with with many a huge floating ringpieces, glorious holes in the night, soft curves filled with joy and prosperity, salacious segments of saucyness.

Its all I ever wanted from my 4X games

Thankyou, Paradox.

• 2Like
Reactions:
IMHO, the wiki is very good at telling you "what", but not so great at telling you "how". For instance, I'm a relative noob at playing Stellaris, and I've just gotten to the point of being in a position to want to negotiate a trade deal with an AI foreign empire for the first time; got to a point where I couldn't figure out how to proceed and turned to the wiki for help, since I can't seem to locate any other help system for this game besides searching for a topic in the forum and then wading through 1000+ screens of posts most of which have only a minimal connection to the topic you need help on if any at all ... anyway, so I looked up Trade Deals in the wiki. It told me:

"Offer Trade Deal: Allows the negotiation of a one-time or timed duration deal. Opinion 0; trust growth 0; trust cap 50; influence 0; relations any."

I do not need to know, "Offer trade deal: allows the negotiation ..."

I need to know, "This is what I need to click on the screen, to bring up the menu that allows me to tell the other empire what I want in return for
the offer I am making."

If anyone knows the answer to that question I would be humbly obliged to them, but I would also ask that the mods of the wiki consider my request for more content to be added that would be helpful from the point of view of someone who's just begun to play and can't be assumed to know even what are to you such basic mechanics that they've become as unperceived and ever-present as the air you breathe

@DanoShanter go to either the contacts menu, or the galaxy map, and find the empire you want to trade with, then click on their flag (on galaxy map this will be beside names of the systems that at least have a colony or an upgraded starbase). That will open communication menu. On the left of the window, bellow the visual representation of said nation, you'll have a scrollable menu of available diplomatic actions, Offer Trade Deal being one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to know, "This is what I need to click on the screen, to bring up the menu that allows me to tell the other empire what I want in return for
the offer I am making."

If anyone knows the answer to that question I would be humbly obliged to them, but I would also ask that the mods of the wiki consider my request for more content to be added that would be helpful from the point of view of someone who's just begun to play and can't be assumed to know even what are to you such basic mechanics that they've become as unperceived and ever-present as the air you breathe
You are asking about the GUI which has its own pages (where every button is).

Is it just me or is the Wiki Search broken since weeks!?

Reactions:
Is it just me or is the Wiki Search broken since weeks!?
A fix for broken search on mobile was applied a few weeks back, but for some reason it was not applied to Stellaris as well.

The bug is limited to mobile view so, in the mean time, you can use desktop view for working search.

Thanks for letting us know.

A fix for broken search on mobile was applied a few weeks back, but for some reason it was not applied to Stellaris as well.

The bug is limited to mobile view so, in the mean time, you can use desktop view for working search.

Thanks for letting us know.
I get it in desktop browsers too. Firefox on windows, if that's useful information.

Reactions:
Are you on mobile view by any chance?
(Bottom of wiki page, above the footer, you'll see "desktop/mobile view" link).
Nope. To be clear, the search is only partially broken - If I search for the name of a page that exists it does correctly redirect me to that page. The issue is that when I try searching for something that isn't an exact match for a page title I get an error instead of a list of pages that contain that string in their text.

The desktop version gives me the the following error in a red search box:
An error has occurred while searching: We could not complete your search due to a temporary problem. Please try again later.
This error message is contained within the normal wiki layout and it offers a link to create a page with the searched string as a name, it just doesn't help me find a page containing the info I'm looking for.

The mobile version viewed on desktop seems to be much more broken though. It gives a blank page containing no formatting with only the following error message for content:
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [a953f2a2aceff7de3411916b] 2022-04-13 16:46:05: Fatal exception of type "Error"

Exception caught inside exception handler.

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

I'm not sure whether or not these different errors are related, but they do both seem to be specific to the Stellaris wiki. I tried switching to the CK3 wiki and search functions correctly there for both desktop and mobile versions.

I was reading up some things in the wiki and discovered it misses some info by the habitats.
It does not show the influence cost for the upgrades or the cost reduction for the expansion finishers if you have the void born origin.

I was reading up some things in the wiki and discovered it misses some info by the habitats.
It does not show the influence cost for the upgrades
25. Information about decisions is here:
or the cost reduction for the expansion finishers if you have the void born origin.
-20%. Information about the expansion tradition is here:

Reactions:
Nope. To be clear, the search is only partially broken - If I search for the name of a page that exists it does correctly redirect me to that page. The issue is that when I try searching for something that isn't an exact match for a page title I get an error instead of a list of pages that contain that string in their text.

The desktop version gives me the the following error in a red search box:
An error has occurred while searching: We could not complete your search due to a temporary problem. Please try again later.
I'm also seeing this error on desktop. I've extensively used the wiki and only started getting the search errors the past few weeks. Same symptoms: searching for the exact page name works, but searching for a term in the contents of the page that I know exists throws the search error.

I do see finicky issues on the non-Stellaris wikis like CK3, but so far only Stellaris has a 100% fail rate on searching for page content in April.

Reactions: