Europa Universalis IV 1.33.3 France HOTFIX is now LIVE! [Checksum 5010] - Not For Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don’t see on here where it says they fixed the heir dying causes desyncs in mp, hoping it’s cut off because I’m on mobile
True, these notes only mentions an issue with rulers being leaders, but they did previously respond to one of my comments that this patch would fix the issue with heirs dying. Hope to god that’s true, because otherwise this is the most underwhelming patch ever, after weeks of radio silence and unstable MP.

I just tested with "a beloved heir dies" event, and it did not desync in multiplayer.

So it seems the fix also applies to the heir death for those that were asking.

• 5Like
Reactions:
did the host get the event or was it another player. it did not seem to go out of sync when the host heir/consort died.
It did, at least in my runs. Doing a 3 player MP run for the past few weeks, and whenever heir or consort died for either me, as host playing Hungary, or the Russia player it would desynch, but not for the Persia player. I had a theory it was only for Christian nations, as I also had consistent desynchs on heir death in another run with a friend for both of us as Portugal and England, but I haven’t played any other MP runs with non-christian nations, so I can’t be sure.

Are you kidding me? This is a patch? The game is UNPLAYABLE. Start a game and play five minutes in and you'll see that nothing is working as it's supposed to. The AI won't conquer the last province of any country and SITS IN THEIR BORDERS WHEN YOU CALL THEM TO WAR. This "patch" fixes practically nothing out of the slew of game-breaking bugs (not even bugs, more like "basic game mechanics that simply do not function") that were created by this update and should be trivial to fix.

After over a month of utter silence after releasing a broken update that clearly no one in the dev team played, this is what you give us? What is wrong with you, do you just not care about the community's ability to actually play the product you released? I expected so much better, and I've KNOWN better for the five years I've played EU4. The Paradox developers' dedication to their games and fixing bugs within a week after release is what's kept me playing and following the development of Paradox games and regularly buying every DLC for the games I play, EU4 probably being my favorite. But now, what on earth has changed where the most basic and deletorious of bugs aren't patched well over a month after release?

This is just a sodden joke.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Just a bug I noticed,
When you annex a native tribe they simply move to an adjacent province (happened to me in Australia). You can also take the uncolonized pieces of land that they originally migrated from. Also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you do annex a native tribe, you don't get the development that they had.
That's how they work. But what bugs me is that they can migrate to a province being colonised and it automatically cancels the process

We'll be back to Dev Diaries next Tuesday. We'll cover there how the development of 1.33 update has gone, and will use it to gather feedback about the state of the game, and how to continue improving it.

• 15Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The multiplayer Out of Sync on ruler/heir/consort death issue was not connected to the ruler/heir being also a leader. Are these patch notes misleading/incomplete? Or does this issue persist?

As I said, in my testing, the heir desync issue seems to be fixed. The patch note was probably poorly worded and did not reflect the fix well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We'll be back to Dev Diaries next Tuesday. We'll cover there how the development of 1.33 update has gone, and will use it to gather feedback about the state of the game, and how to continue improving it.
thats nice to hear, since the main issue is that the last patch made mp very unstable. i think most people just want some kind of communication that paradox at least knows about the issues the community has.

• 1Like
Reactions:
thats nice to hear, since the main issue is that the last patch made mp very unstable. i think most people just want some kind of communication that paradox at least knows about the issues the community has.
Also the AI being utterly braindead, but yea. I wouldn’t have as much of an issue with this inexplicable neglect if we had any sort of communication from the devs about it, even so much as a “sorry guys we messed up we’re working hard to fix it” at any point in the past month would have been enough for me.

Also the AI being utterly braindead, but yea. I wouldn’t have as much of an issue with this inexplicable neglect if we had any sort of communication from the devs about it, even so much as a “sorry guys we messed up we’re working hard to fix it” at any point in the past month would have been enough for me.
i more had an issue with the heir desync that would turn an mp session that normally would go 40 years into one that would go less than 20. havent played much sp so i didnt even notice the ai issue in the recent patch, just the weird peace deals they have been making since the patch before origins.

Does anyone knows ow "Spread the Revolution" CB should work now?
In that moment you can't get any province in peace deal because of "You can't demand the province unless you demand ."
I suspect there is a mechanics that you need to demand to change goverment first (as it make sense - it should be the idea of such CB instead of conqest). However there is no such an option in peace deal.
I DO NOT have Emperor DLC (so no Revolutionary Zeal) and in that case the only thing we can do is to liberate nations, return cores, anual treaties, anual vassals/become vassals, himulite, war reparations, consede defeat, transfer trade power.

Reactions: