• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh Shin! King Oshin is an generally decent person…Suenik will fix that; if not…well it was nice knowing him.
I love Oshin's name. He sounds like Sir Sean Connery (RIP) saying "Awesome". My Armenian colleagues would probably accuse me of being extremely disrespectful for saying that though...
King Oshin looks surprisingly capable and good for a Suenik ruler! Four 9-11 point stats, two virtues, zero vices, little intrigue! He will die soon. Thank you for the update.
Yeah - I was pleasantly surprised at the zero vice factor. That's pretty rare. Makes for fun roleplay.
Would you like a hug?
Come on man, 2 decent monarchs in a row and both going down with disease in the matter of years?
A matter of MONTHS. Seriously, Toros survived for *5 MONTHS*. I had pretty much the same "Come on, man!" response!
Never saw before a Siberia like that, and also what is that, a Transylvanian Trebizond?
Well, the King of Trebizond was a vassal of the Byzantine Empire at the time that Artashes evicted him from his home counties. I've not kept up on what's been happening in the Byzantine Empire, but the King of Trebizond clearly had some territory out west and then, in a manner predictable for the Byzantine Empire in CKII, he rebelled against the Emperor and escaped. Probably just in time to be munched by the Mongols! As for Siberia, what's different about it? I've not got any map mods - this is vanilla.
Unfortunately I think the same, I hope Suenik surprises us in a positive way this time!
Stay tuned!
They are going to have to keep building on the Necropolis because they may well need the room. Let's hope that Oshin's young age and hopeful vigor will get him through this plague. Well, that and his naked midnight runs (by the way, is this the birth of The Naked Mile?)
It did amuse me greatly that the great and good of Suenik are being jammed into this half finished mausoleum! Let's wait and see if Oshin can shake the plague. As for the naked mile, this is Suenik, it's more like "The Naked Mile Up the Side of a Mountain Whilst Being Chased by a White Tiger and Marauding Horsemen".
I wonder about a physician who amidst a plague wants to leave the sick and hunt artifacts!
As you'll see from the incoming update, Vahag has a rich and varied portfolio of duties...

• 1Like
Reactions:
CHAPTER 44 - WHY TOROS, WHY?
SUENIK RELOADED
CHAPTER 44 - WHY TOROS, WHY?
(1243)

Greetings, friends!

Great news! It's been a few weeks, but my regime of rest and recuperation (and the occasional naked midnight run) has seen me shrug off the great plague that has claimed the lives of the last two kings of Suenik!

1646260015652.png

I immediately order a grand celebration and make my way to the council chamber, full of the joys of spring and ready to fully apply myself to my goal of making Suenik a wonderful place for people - both rich and poor, great and small - to live.

1646260031898.png

For some reason, my noble councillors are sitting around with extremely worried looks on their faces. Assuming that they are concerned about the costs of the tournament, I spread my hands, smile and assure them that the cost will come straight from my personal coffers - this is MY gift to the people of Suenik after all.

My marshal shakes his head and hands me a scroll, making it quite clear that the tournament is the furthest thing from their mind.

Strange thing for a marshal to say - these military types normally love tournaments.

Still, this is a pretty fancy scroll.

It's even got a cool little dragon seal on it.

1646260094135.png

Oh.

Looks like the Germans are in for a world of hurt.

However, none of this bothers me.

My confinement has taught me that every moment is fleeting, and that we should be thankful for our lot in life.

1646260114516.png

There's literally nothing I can do about the Chinese rampaging over the Holy Roman Empire, and if they decide to come for us next then so what? Do we march out and meet them and invite their armies to rampage across Suenik, or do we peacefully capitulate and negotiate a fair settlement for our people?

Oops. I appear to have been thinking out loud, and my councillors are staring at me goggle-eyed. My marshal wipes away a tear, stands and barks "Ashtartes will be turning in his grave!" He marches out of the room and I swear I can hear him sob the words "GOOD MAN" before breaking down into a great, gasping flood of tears.

I dismiss my gawking council with a wave of my hand and a smile, before reclining back in my chair with my hands laced behind my head and closing my eyes - a look of blasé contentment on my face.

A minute passes and my reverie is disturbed by a polite cough. I open one eye and I see my spymaster standing there. He gives me an awkward little wave.

I ask him what is wrong, and he asks me if I remember, great uncle Toros - spymaster of Timbuktu. Of course I do. Nasty old bird who didn't seem to like me, despite the fact that there are hundreds of miles of desert, mountains and angry infidels between us. Still, if you've got to admire that Gardman-Agbhania ability to bear a grudge!

My spymaster politely cuts me off and explains that uncle Toros appears to have been rather good at his vocation, and has somehow manoeuvred himself into a position of prominence.

What is more, he also seems to really, REALLY dislike me.

1646260225247.png
1646260238199.png

I'm speechless. My spymaster offers a shrug of the shoulders and says that "these things happen" and promises me that I'll be perfectly safe.

Well, that's that then.

I settle back in my chair, with a contented smile on my face...

...only to be woken by a dusty and dishevelled Vahag rushing in and throwing himself on his knees before me, wailing and pleading for my assistance against "Them".

The poor man is in a terrible state, but I fix him a stern look and ask whether or not "Them" has anything to do with burning apostates.

He shakes his head frantically and points out that virtually no heretics were burned in the performance of his duties in Mtshketa!

1646260295472.png

I promise him some assistance, and I also make a mental note to have my Chancellor insist that the Georgians make use of more vowels in their place names.

Rebels safely dealt with (and Vahag warned, one last time, to stop burning people at the stake) I pass the following days presiding over my "Everyone Rejoice That Oshin Triumphed Over The Plague" tournament.

That's obviously NOT its real name, but it gives me a little contented smile to think of it as that. Yes, there's a lot wrong with the world but, when you're healthy and happy, you really should give thanks for it.

It's an exhilarating affairs - the clash of lances, the thrill of the melee and the skill of the archers - but at the end one of my commanders, Vagharshak, stands victorious.

1646260356443.png

With a huge, beaming smile on my face I crown him with the victor's laurels and grab his hand, raising it into the air alongside mine.

The crowd - nobles, bughers and peasants alike - all go wild!

I turn to my marshal, point at Vagharshak, wink and say "Good man, am I right?" The old man nods, goes to reply, but doesn't manage more than a faint quivering of the lip before breaking down into a helpless fit of sobbing. Two pages scurry over to help him, I clap Vagharshak on the back and we both share a hearty laugh.

That night, the feast is merry, the song is loud and the drink flows relentlessly. At one point I even stand on the table, point at the assembled knights and roar "MORE ARMENIAN POMEGRANATE WINE FOR MY CHAMPIONS!" The approving nods I get from the older section of the audience warm my heart, but I swear I hear one lady mutter "Dear God, not again..."

Regardless, I feel brilliant.

I've beaten consumption - the bane of Suenik's previous rulers! - the tournament has been a success, the revolt has been put down and my people love me. So what if I'm not a great conqueror of empires? I'm happy and I'm going to make my people happy. One day they will all share the sense of contentment that I feel. I'll be known as the ruler who brought equality justice and prosperity to Suenik!

Slightly giddy from the wine, I slide into bed with a big, stupid grin on my face.

Maybe everything IS going to be alright after all.

Life is good.

And then I feel it.

1646260460422.png

What is the strange hissing sound? Is it something innocuous? Has it travelled from Mali? Find out on the next exciting episode of Suenik Reloaded!

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Please no, not a lover with a lisp, not a defective baby rattle, not a balloon losing air. OK, any of them would be good. Uncle Toros, BAD BAD MAN! No pomegranate wine exports to Africa. Thank you for the update.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
As for Siberia, what's different about it? I've not got any map mods - this is vanilla.
Not too much different but a unified Siberian realm with that name......
that was just terra incognita sorry

Oops. I appear to have been thinking out loud, and my councillors are staring at me goggle-eyed. My marshal wipes away a tear, stands and barks "Ashtartes will be turning in his grave!" He marches out of the room and I swear I can hear him sob the words "GOOD MAN" before breaking down into a great, gasping flood of tears.
he needs a hug

What is the strange hissing sound? Is it something innocuous? Has it travelled from Mali? Find out on the next exciting episode of Suenik Reloaded!
oh. come. on.

if he survives this he shall marry a woman with high intrigue (if he's single) and hire a better spymaster

• 3Like
Reactions:
It seems like the plague has finally passed over and been snuffed out. Otherwise, that tourney event could have been a super spreader. ;) Either that, or that hissing sound you hear is another plague victim come to strike. Egads! :eek:

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please no, not a lover with a lisp, not a defective baby rattle, not a balloon losing air. OK, any of them would be good. Uncle Toros, BAD BAD MAN! No pomegranate wine exports to Africa. Thank you for the update.
Uncle Toros IS a bad man. I have NO IDEA where this came from!
Toros No! Unless this isn’t his fault, in which case… mysterious murder-inclined person No!
This was very much Toros...
oh. come. on.
@diskoerekto manages to perfectly encapsulate Iain's thoughts whilst playing through this part of the story...
It seems like the plague has finally passed over and been snuffed out. Otherwise, that tourney event could have been a super spreader. ;) Either that, or that hissing sound you hear is another plague victim come to strike. Egads! :eek:
Let's find out what the hissing noise was, shall we?

• 1Like
Reactions:
CHAPTER 45 - NOT THE CATS AGAIN...
SUENIK RELOADED
CHAPTER 45 - NOT THE CATS AGAIN...
(1243-1245)

HISS!

1646419074683.png

ARGH!

*THUD*

1646419350563.png

Oh dear.

I mean, "hello".

My name is Khorishah - the mother of the recently deceased King Oshin. His son, King Grigor, is far too young to take the reigns of power - so I'm going to do my best until he comes of age.

1646419148496.png
1646419318904.png

I'll be honest; things are not looking great.

The council is in complete disarray, and I constantly find myself fighting them over the most minor things. First there was the moaning and complaining from them around the cost involved in burying my beloved son in the will-it-ever-be-finished-before-it-is-overflowing necropolis.

1646419179443.png

I even heard that weasel Bagour, Oshin's spymaster, declare that Oshin was "no Artashes" and could the realm bear the cost for burying such a "nobody of a king"? I scream at Bagour that maybe if he was better at his job than maybe my beloved son would have had a chance to grow to the same stature as my larger than life father in law. He simply laughs and make a remark about how pagan women are so emotional.

Pig.

However, I stand my ground and point out that if the council is so concerned about the realm's finances then perhaps they'll be willing to sign off in me passing out some of King Grigor's minor holdings to trusted retainers to look after.

1646419262321.png

Again, more laughter from Bagour and some remarks indicating that THE COUNCIL are King Grigor's MOST trusted retainers, and who better to look after the land than them?

Begrudgingly, for the good of the realm, I agree to his proposal and storm off.

One bright bit of news is that, as a parting shot, the plague of consumption took one last victim with it - Vahag.

1646419295446.png

Good riddance - I'll never forgive you for failing to save my Toros!

A few months pass and there's an uproar in the towns and villages of the kingdoms. Bagour explains to me (whilst rubbing his hands together obsequiously) that as the wise and noble regent, resolving this "minor issue" falls to me.

He wanders off cackling.

1646419389253.png

Yes - it's time again for Suenik to engage in that time honoured past time of blaming cats for absolutely everything that goes wrong.

Unlike the last time this happened, I listen to the people and agree to do some research. Weeks pass, and my new physician offers his opinion.

1646419449527.png

Unlike cursed Vahag, this man actually seems to know what he's talking about, but we agree to carry on with our research. With all the turmoil affecting the realm, it doesn't pay to antagonise the peasants!

What's that?

Oh - "the turmoil"?

You want to know about that?

Forgive me - I didn't explain that earlier. There's just a lot going on...

As you know, Suneik has seen three kings die in as many years. This has produced what we in the lineage tracking business like to know as "a dynastic crisis".

1646419483917.png

Yes - it seems that Artashes' policy of marrying off his daughters to random foreign kings has come back to haunt the realm.

Thanks father in law.

Thankfully, the peasants seem pacified, so hopefully we can weather the next decade or so peacefully and my son can get down to the serious business of marrying and producing an heir.

Sadly, that's a LONG way off. At the moment, the lord and master of all things Suenikian is sitting on the floor and rolling around with one of the plague cats.

1646419527738.png

I REALLY hope that Nehilai is right about these guys NOT being the reason for the epidemic...

As I'm enjoying watching my son chasing after Whiskers-the-possible-vector-for-death, Bagour comes to me with what he assures me are "glad tidings".

1646419566636.png

I tell him to get stuffed - my place is at my son's side; not as some Khan's trophy wife (however much I might miss the old ways compared to this so-called "civilisation"'s insanity).

The months go by, and I get word from the dungeons that Demna - one of the rebels that my son had imprisoned - is making it quite clear that he doesn't understand the meaning of the phrase "strong bargaining position".

1646419613451.png

I advise the jailer to move Demna to less comfortable quarters.

None the less, the man appears to have quite the network of contacts because, even from the bottom of Suenik's darkest wells, he is able to get word to his people to hide his personal cat menagerie!

1646419655497.png
1646419644395.png

As a result the peasants are rampaging throughout the countryside. There's even a conspiracy started that the nobles are either cat-people or in league with the cat-people. The cat-people, it turns out, are behind EVERY misfortune that befalls the serfs in Suenik. Honestly, wasn't that what religion was invented for?

The army is mobilised to "gently calm the peasants down" and I stare at the calendar trying to wish away a decade.

Maybe I've been in Suenik too long and I'm catastrophising everything when I don't need to.

After all, we're just talking about a bunch of uppity peasants, right? They'll be dealt with swiftly, and I'll get back to the smooth running of my son's kingdom. A decade from now I'll present it to him, like a flawless, cut diamond and he'll marvel at its pure, untarnished beauty. He'll turn to me and say "Mother, your stewardship - no, your WISE stewardship - has allowed for this seamless transfer of power, and I am now able to take the burden from you, and spend the vast sums of wealth that you've carefully and thoughtful accumulated to better the lot of everyone in the kingdom. I may even build a statue to you. After all, aside from that slight blip with the cats over a decade ago, everything went well."

And then everyone will cheer and throw their hats in the air.

Apart from Bagour - he won't be there to cheer after that unfortunate accident the involved him accidentally stabbing himself in the face multiple times and accidentally throwing himself from the highest turret in the castle and accidentally bouncing into the piraña pool.

I sigh wistfully.

Wait...

Is that cheering I can hear outside?

Have I been day dreaming for a decade?!?

No.

My mistake.

It's screaming...

One short council meeting later, and Bagour explains that my dreams for a decade of peace and prosperity might have to go on hold.

1646419798394.png

He also makes the point of telling me that "the fate of the kingdom" rests on my "broad and homely shoulders".

1646419806401.png

Fixing him a stare, I turn to the rest of the council. The anger is tearing me up inside - anger at this group of buffoons who are content to help themselves to the riches of the realm, but shirk their responsibility of command when the going gets tough. Anger at the opportunist tyrants to the west who would take advantage of a gentle child's troubles for the sake of coin. Anger at idiots who lose their shit when they see a cat.

Channeling the rage, I angrily gesticulate out of the window.

"Men of Suenik!" I bellow. "We can imagine the banners of the enemy approaching. We hear their footfalls in the distance. Soon now, we will meet them face-to-face. I am resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all. While we stand together - united - no invader shall pass. Let them come with the armies of Hell; they will not pass! And when this day of battle is ended, we will meet again in Heaven or on the field of victory!"

I'm conscious that I'm standing on the council chamber with both fists in the air.

From behind me, I can hear a slow clap.

Whirling around I see Bagour grinning malevolently. He stops his clapping and flicks his hand in my direction. Two guardsmen loom out of the shadows and seize me.

"Nice speech, sweetheart" he laughs as I'm dragged off down the corridor. "War's a man's business - I'll take over from here."

1646419897657.png

War has come to Suenik (again)! Will Bagour lead the armies of Suenik to victory? What of Khorishah? What of the cats? Find out on the next exciting episode of Suenik Reloaded!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
On the bright side, I could think of no better punishment for Bag guy than to be in charge of Suenik, the secret tenth circle of hell.
OOC: Something that's worth bearing in mind, in case it isn't obvious, is that Bagour is Grigor's rival for some reason...
Oh come on!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Suenik is racing through it's monarchs. I was sad to see Oshin go, he had just started to get the hang of things and then he was cut down in his "never had a chance to be old enough to have a prime". (Wording there may need tweaking). Though to be killed by a distant relative you've never met, who would gain nothing from your death, but has still somehow sent assassins across two continents is at least a properly mad way to die.

As Khorishah also didn't last the update can we assume this is a new Suenik tradition? One chapter per character, because they turn over so quickly. Either way with Bagour in charge I fear the necropolis may soon have another occupant.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh come on!
I refer the right honourable gentleman to a previous remark that he made:
I was beginning to think Suenik was losing its touch.
This is very much Suenik showing its touch ;)

Btw, some other fun facts - this AAR has managed to (at this point) last 54 years longer than my previous Suenik AAR. It also has featured three more rulers than the last AAR (although, the recent ridiculously short lifespans might have skewed this number slightly).

Also, also... I found out whilst putting these numbers together that the original Suenik AAR managed to win the 2011 SilvAAR Goblet for CK which I didn't know until today! It would be bad form to go on a thread that's over a decade old and say "Thanks very much..." but I do appreciate it :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
My name is Khorishah - the mother of the recently deceased King Oshin. His son, King Grigor, is far too young to take the reigns of power - so I'm going to do my best until he comes of age.
This is the Tengri Queen? Man this will be awesome

Unlike cursed Vahag, this man actually seems to know what he's talking about
The haircut says guy has some books

"Nice speech, sweetheart" he laughs as I'm dragged off down the corridor. "War's a man's business - I'll take over from here."
That was a too short regency :/ And Sultan Bernardo of Egypt? They must've been doing some funny business

• 2Like
Reactions:
Rulers are dying so fast either you or I are getting confused. Regent is referred to as daughter-in-law of Artashes and loved Toros; should be d-i-l of Toros. What kind of man is rival with a child? Italian Crusader Egypt? Thank you for the update

Is Queen of England of dynasty but her children not to possibly end game? (If so, I know the feeling.) Grigor needs to get busy having children.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
One thing I just remembered @iain_a_wilson , I recall you saying that
None of his vassals are particularly fond of him
In regards to Artashes. So what’s with people like Bag guy Bagour pining for the days of his leadership? Am I forgetting something that would have made him popular enough to offset nearly every negative interaction he had with people?

• 2Like
Reactions:
At this rate, Suenik may be ruled by cats. Maybe that's a good thing. Would sure scare the hell out of the Mongols!

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
On the bright side, I could think of no better punishment for Bag guy than to be in charge of Suenik, the secret tenth circle of hell.
As you'll see from the coming update, he might start agreeing with you.
Oh come on!
I'm going to have translate that into Latin and make it the new Gardman-Agbhania family motto. In Venias is probably the closest. Don't know what Latin for "oh" is...
I was sad to see Oshin go
Me too - he was fun to play and actually seemed nice!
Though to be killed by a distant relative you've never met, who would gain nothing from your death, but has still somehow sent assassins across two continents is at least a properly mad way to die.
You hit the nail on the head there! This ranks up there as one of the THE most bonkers deaths a monarch I've played has ever suffered.
As Khorishah also didn't last the update can we assume this is a new Suenik tradition?
Ha - I've got an image of all these poor workers on the Necropolis tripping over piles of shrouded figures...
Yeah I suppose it is befitting of Suenik to have a regent be hated rivals with his child-age liege. I just wonder what even caused Bag guy to view Grigor as a rival?
I have NO idea. It was obviously something that happened before I took over as Grigor, but I have no idea what would have caused a grown man to get into a rivalry with a three year old. However, that IS suitably Suenikian...
That was a too short regency :/ And Sultan Bernardo of Egypt? They must've been doing some funny business
Crusader antics I believe.
Rulers are dying so fast either you or I are getting confused. Regent is referred to as daughter-in-law of Artashes and loved Toros; should be d-i-l of Toros. What kind of man is rival with a child? Italian Crusader Egypt? Thank you for the update
No - Toros was Artashes' son. Khorishah was the Tengri woman that Toros married against Artashes' wishes. Grigor is the son of Toros and Khorishah. Out of all of Artashes'...er...dalliances, this is the most simple. I've lost track of the bastards!
Is Queen of England of dynasty but her children not to possibly end game? (If so, I know the feeling.) Grigor needs to get busy having children.
Exactly! It makes for extremely tense play when your ruler is an infant!
In regards to Artashes. So what’s with people like Bag guy Bagour pining for the days of his leadership? Am I forgetting something that would have made him popular enough to offset nearly every negative interaction he had with people?
It's my way of roleplaying the long reign benefit. Artashes was a bit of an idiot, but he reigned for over fifty years, which gets you a fairly substantial opinion modifier. Plus, as much of a clown as he was, he DID preside over the closest thing Suenik has had to a Golden Age. Aside from that little scuffle with the Mongols at the beginning of his reign, he saw the kingdom expanded and improved like no other monarch had done yet.
At this rate, Suenik may be ruled by cats. Maybe that's a good thing. Would sure scare the hell out of the Mongols!
I know if my cats IRL ruled Suenik they'd probably be more competent. More vicious, but more competent.

• 2Like
Reactions:
CHAPTER 46 - WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
SUENIK RELOADED
CHAPTER 46 - WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
(1245-1247)

Hello everyone - Bagour here; regent of Suenik.

It feels GREAT saying that.

Now that we've got rid of that awful pagan women, let's see if I can hold things together for Suenik until her mewling brat comes of age, shall we? Suenik's enough of a mess without five year olds running around calling the shots.

Honestly, that child. If I told you of the things he was capable off...

Anyway...

First things first, I summon my finest cartographical minds and ask them to explain exactly where the Egyptians are assaulting and why. As far as I am aware, Suenik doesn't share a border with Egypt.

Their answer surprises me.

1646851652167.png

Hmm.

Well, on one hand, I could just hand over this random patch of scrub and desert to the Egyptians but, on the other hand, it's cleary significant enough that they've sent eleven thousand men to trample over it, so that makes me think it's worth fighting for.

I order the banners raised, and send Suenik's finest off on a two pronged assault against the Egyptians, and pretty much call it good.

1646851681913.png

The war will be over in no time at all.

The Egyptians dispatch a skirmishing force, but they prove no match for my armies - sorry, Suenik's armies - and are hastily dispatched.

1646851698607.png

Honestly, I thought Egyptians were made of sterner stuff.

Still, I shouldn't mock. His reaction reminds me of when I saw King Grigor doing that thing...no...wait...it's too traumatic...

Some other time.

I will have my revenge in time.

Speaking of sterner stuff, it turns out that trekking over mountainous desert terrain is something that really does require "sterner stuff" from the men doing it. The days are hot, the nights are cold and...

...well, this is all a bit painful so let me quickly sum up the passage of a few brutal months of war in one tragic image.

1646852076285.png

Yes.

Ouch.

As I'm surrounded by shrieking courtiers and squabbling councillors, who all want to know why Suenik's grand army is in full retreat, I'm interrupted by the indolent child whose kingdom I am protecting, who feels that this is the appropriate time to bother me.

1646852102637.png

People laugh and write off his babbling as childish tall tales, but inwardly I shudder, knowing full well what this monster is truly capable of.

There are moments over the next few weeks where I think that this whole regency business might not be as much fun as I had first assumed it would be, but it's important to keep perspective. There are ALWAYS people worse off than you.

1646852180534.png

That being said, I occasionally need my spirits bolstering, and in this case I manage to raise a huge big smile on my face by packing off my predecessor to live with "her people".

1646852205588.png

Good riddance, horse-botherer - Suenik is better off without your kind!

This being Suenik, it's not five minutes before I find myself dealing with some unhinged lunatic. In this case, it's Patriarch Mleh - he of the glassy-eyed, hundred-yard stare. He clearly agrees with my decision, and orders a celebration in honour of me "being a champion of Christian virtue".

1646852250694.png

Well, you know what they say, in time of war it is essential to keep the people happy, and nothing makes the average Suenikian happier than watching someone less fortunate than themselves suffer. We chuck a random Tengri on the fire and stand around, holding hands, and singing a couple of choruses of "Suenik 'tis for thee."

It's really quite rousing, in a disturbing, barbaric, cruel and horrible sort of way.

What is more rousing, however, is the sight of the bedraggled Egyptian army that has made the same journey that my armies...sorry, SUENIK'S armies, made as they...er...strategically withdrew across the mountains and deserts.

Turns out that my initial assessment of the Egyptians was correct - they are not made of stern stuff at all, and my reinforced forces merrily route them.

1646852408708.png

The history books, naturally, will change the odds to make it seem like it was a bit more of a sportsmanlike contest... Exhaustion, sunstroke and thirst will not be mentioned.

Opponents routed, my forces, sorry SUEN...oh, you know what I mean... My forces march once more for Suenik-on-Sea - this time remembering to pack extra water, headscarves and parasols for the long desert trip.

1646852461294.png

Things have calmed down considerably in the court now - it's amazing what a bloody and brutal massacre of the enemy in front of the royal palace can do for morale - and I can almost taste the victory.

"Bagour the Saviour" has a nice ring to it.

"Wow - you were so wise taking over when you did, Bagour", they'll say. "Imagine we had left that dippy Tengri woman in charge? Where would we be now?"

I'll tell you where - we wouldn't be camping out on the shores of the Mediterranean taking back what is rightly ours!

1646852508842.png

I sigh the contented sigh of someone who has done a damn good job. I've probably earned myself a nice patch of land out of this. Maybe even a higher noble title. Who knows, people might say "Hey, why not just take the job full time? After all, if the cap fits..."

It's round about now, as I'm foolishly basking in my almost imminent victory, that Suenik, like a sneaky little scorpion, proves just how Suenikian it actually is...

1646852614616.png

A few measly peasants? Ha - people always curse the bad luck of rulers of Suenik, but a few peasants I can deal with...

1646852626973.png

Ah - so they've brought some friends. Fine, I can handle them too...wait...what's that noise? It's like a dull whistling, followed by a smashing, and then some screams...

1646852658161.png

Oh - so they Egyptians decided to come back AND the royal army is somewhere south of the Byzantine Empire at the moment... Fine - it is what it is. Not need to panic. I'm sure we can hold out until they return. We just need to sit tight for a few weeks.

Funny how quickly a few weeks pass when you've got no army and all you've got to do is watch trebuchets lob rocks at your walls...

1646852736068.png

Look! Everyone needs to calm down! We can still do this. We've been through worse! Our troops are on their way. They will be here with us soon. As long as nothing radically changes we'll be over this hump in no time. Mark my wor...

1646852757437.png

To quote a wise man, Oh! Come! On!

Will the peasants win their war? Will the army make it back in time, or are they enjoying their time at the seaside too much? Will King Grigor ever get to speak? Find out on the next exciting episode of Suenik Reloaded!

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
You know, at first I thought that Bag guy Bagour was just crazy for fearing a child, but I’m starting to think he might be on to something.
That doesn’t change the fact he, rather hilariously, brought most of what happened in this update on himself; because he’s still a jerk.
To quote a wise man, Oh! Come! On!
:D

• 1Like
Reactions: