• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's the difference between paying influence and losing influence?

When paying influence you get something for it while losing influence you don't get anything for it?

Reactions:
Is winning the 4th war as the Antigonid Kingdom meant to be nearly impossible in this mod? I somehow managed to force Ptolemy to white peace by fighting him to a standstill in the 4th Diadochi war, nearly full annexed Macedon while gaining the upper hand against Thrace and Seleucid Kingdom all at the same time. I was actually feeling pretty proud of myself until 150,000 Gauls show up out of no where and declare war on me as soon as the tide turned decisively in my favor. Is there a strategy to handle these events, or is this some kind of hardcoded thing to prevent some of the Diadochi from snowballing early game like they do in vanilla?

Doesn't feel so good to just watch as 150,000 event spawned troops ravages my hard earned kingdom anyway. Can't tell if its meant to be brutally punishing or if I messed up somewhere without realizing it.

Edit: Okay I played it out and unconditionally surrendered to all 4 of the Gaullic tribes, turns out they just wanted me to release some city states as subjects and none of them took any land. So it worked out in the end but I'm not convinced this is working as intended

Last edited:
I really want to add more character interactions into the game, if anyone can think of any that aren’t in the game that you would like let us know! There’s a good chance it’ll be added if it’s a good suggestion.

Here's a little brainstorm for ideas for character interactions.

Forced loans - Essentially force a character to give up money in return for lost loyalty and tyranny

Proscribed - A character is likely to get killed by and event. Can offer to give lots of money in exchange for not being proscribed. Costs alot of tyranny.

Seduce - You know that this favorite from the CK-series should totally be added. :D

Offer position and citizenship - This is an idea based on a later Roman practice of making barbarian/"barbarian" rulers join the Imperial system. So that a cheiftain or ruler in a tribe can be offered a permanent title until he/she dies in return for bringing their warband and perhaps some POPs over the border into a civilized/"civilized" state. The idea for a life-long employment is to prevent it from being to horribly spammed. The action should also have prior demands like the character being friend with the ruler.

Funeral games - After a 100 Prominence character dies there could be an option for funeral games from which further interaction can flow.

Retire - Force a character to abandon public life, but they can presumably still make a go if something like a civil war would flare up. Possibly this can be made easier with an expensive pension for the retired character.

Pro-speech - For republics where you can hold a speech in favor of a character in order to increased relation/loyalty and popularity (Think Cicero, Cato and Demosthenes here)

Anti-speech - Like pro-speech but it reduces popularity (Think Cicero, Cato and Demosthenes here)

Rumor mill - Start a rumor about a character or something which can lead to various effects

Pious (can't be taken by a cynic characters) - The ruler makes a point of piety to the gods to somewhat increase loyalty to all who hold the same religion or to the ancestors in order to moderately increase loyalty within the same family

Write a play - If there's a theater in the capital the character can attempt to write a play in order to lessen war exhaustion, make a certain part of the population more happy or impact the popularity of another character. If the character has low Oratory he/she can however botch the play and make a fool of themselves instead.

Invite to symposium/feast - Invite one or more characters to a party and there get events in order to achive certain results with the invited guests

Suggest training - Get a character to start a process across a couple of years in order to increase martial or oratory stats and possibly get traits related to these

Hunt - Go for a hunt with a chance for traits and stats but also with some risk to oneself

• 14Like
Reactions:
I am playing as Rome in the current build, and I notice that many nations aren't building ships.

I have about 50 triremes and Liburnians and my nation is about 5th on the list with ships......more than Carthage and I haven't even started the 1rst Punic War!

It is roughly 248 B.C.E.

Is winning the 4th war as the Antigonid Kingdom meant to be nearly impossible in this mod? I somehow managed to force Ptolemy to white peace by fighting him to a standstill in the 4th Diadochi war, nearly full annexed Macedon while gaining the upper hand against Thrace and Seleucid Kingdom all at the same time. I was actually feeling pretty proud of myself until 150,000 Gauls show up out of no where and declare war on me as soon as the tide turned decisively in my favor. Is there a strategy to handle these events, or is this some kind of hardcoded thing to prevent some of the Diadochi from snowballing early game like they do in vanilla?

Doesn't feel so good to just watch as 150,000 event spawned troops ravages my hard earned kingdom anyway. Can't tell if its meant to be brutally punishing or if I messed up somewhere without realizing it.

Edit: Okay I played it out and unconditionally surrendered to all 4 of the Gaullic tribes, turns out they just wanted me to release some city states as subjects and none of them took any land. So it worked out in the end but I'm not convinced this is working as intended
Actually you should wait for the Galatians to ask for a good chunk of Anatolia for themselves.

Btw, if you managed to survive the Antigonid wars, congratulations, it's really tough.

Reactions:
For character interactions, I think the most interesting for republics would be to influence other characters towards your own faction!

There could be three options, entice to optimates, populares or boni and if you're playing around, you could just choose which to get a ticking influence towards.

Not to make it too gamey, it could be an option you can only do once per character and it gives something like +1.50 monthly ticker towards a faction for a year at most...

• 1Like
Reactions:
You know, I enjoy "breaking" the game and by that I mean maximize some of the values, here is example of it with 137,5% siege ability(failed to get few bloodlines):

AigionMaxSiege.jpg

It worked... most of the time:

Aig99.jpg

But in this case I don't really have to do much, as this heritage is perfectly balanced and utterly broken:

MauretanianHer.jpg

Speaking of broken things, Egyptian cultures allow you to unlock only Phoenician with Patronize Literature and Arts, except it doesn't actually work, you receive all the bonuses that decision gives you and a free character of a culture, but inventions don't show up.

Reactions:
Playing as one of the Indo-Greeks will give you Greco-Indian primary culture and will allow access to the Indo-Greek Kingdom formable nation. Additionally, the mission trees that the Indian formable gets will also become available to a player who chooses to play as an Indo-Greek king.
This is a Heresy!!! only Bactria should be allowed so Indo-Greek Kingdom!!! :mad:

Okay I'll calm down I'll wait and see until these changes come ;)

Speaking of broken things, Egyptian cultures allow you to unlock only Phoenician with Patronize Literature and Arts, except it doesn't actually work, you receive all the bonuses that decision gives you and a free character of a culture, but inventions don't show up.
Are you sure you don't have them already?
also, I thought that heriatge was fixed.

Another big issue is attracting young spouses for great families.

Maybe an extra interaction after sponsored games or sponsoring an exposition at the Academy in the Capital?
This would offer sons and daughters of nobles to be chosen as minor characters by ruler.

does the current dev build work? I just cloned it from github and followed the instructions. The Invictus splash doesn't load and I get a CTD on new game.
UPDATE: I cleaned out my whole /Imperator folder and reinstalled invictus. now the game will load but the .mod file for invictus doesn't seem to work for me at all.

Last edited:
does the current dev build work? I just cloned it from github and followed the instructions. The Invictus splash doesn't load and I get a CTD on new game.
UPDATE: I cleaned out my whole /Imperator folder and reinstalled invictus. now the game will load but the .mod file for invictus doesn't seem to work for me at all.
Did you actually follow the instructions fully posted in the Discord FAQ?

No I didn't have them unlocked. I checked why it doesn't work, you see it's a combination of Punic science and Egyptian culture group and there simply don't exist any inventions in such group.
Both the levantine as well as the egyptian culture groups have unique inventions. ARe you sure you haven't simply found them? Levantine ones f.ex. have quite a few in the left side civic tree and the egyptian ones in the religious tree a few.

Reactions:
Both the levantine as well as the egyptian culture groups have unique inventions. ARe you sure you haven't simply found them? Levantine ones f.ex. have quite a few in the left side civic tree and the egyptian ones in the religious tree a few.
I'm done, if you don't understand what you read then stop wasting my time.

Reactions: