MEGA THREAD: For all Imperator Rome status discussions and latest news

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

manager2525

Colonel
42 Badges
Oct 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
Latest news from PDX related to Imperator Rome and PDXCON:

- Edited by SAS

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As already requested by some other members of the forum, is there a possibility that we will receive any news on the status of the game?

Any news would be very welcomed even if it is just to inform us that you are still working on recruiting or that you still have not decided on the next steps (if any).

I feel that you do not "owe" as an update however be sure that a feedback would be very, very welcomed and appreciated.

@Dnote i am taging you since I remember you writing that you would be the one to inform us of any possible future updates. Sorry if this has changed or if I am not remembering correctly.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 51Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Seems that Mr. Dnote is not working anymore at PDX and I haven’t seen any update on the forums about who is succeeding him.

But I am sure PDX has heard us and will get back to us when they have something to share. Even if those are bad news. The management style of Fredrik Wester and PDX Is not one to stick their head in the sand.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Seems that Mr. Dnote is not working anymore at PDX and I haven’t seen any update on the forums about who is succeeding him.

But I am sure PDX has heard us and will get back to us when they have something to share. Even if those are bad news. The management style of Fredrik Wester and PDX Is not one to stick their head in the sand.
Wow, how did you find about Dnote? No forum activity over the past months?

I really hope that someone will come and inform us at some point. Sooner rather than later!

Reactions:
Could just be that there is nothing to share.

If they start to work on I:R again they will probablly say so, if not then we would know when dd's/patches start coming out anyway.

Imperator just probablly is a low priority game for pdox at large so they focus on other games/projects instead. Sucks for those of us that like the game but i get it.

Reactions:
Sad for their best game. Want to experience it some day without the most annoying bugs. Just a small bugfix patch would be great.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Sad for their best game. Want to experience it some day without the most annoying bugs. Just a small bugfix patch would be great.
I'd like the modding tools fixed and some hardcoded stuff being moddable. Bugfix patch would be moddable after that probably.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I honestly hope they come back. An Alexander expansion making the timespan longer would be a dream.

One can dream, right? :p
Might just be me but i have gotten the impression Paradox tries to not add new startdates to their games anymore. If the timeline gets extended i would wager it's a extended enddate instead.

Extending 27 more years to year 0 would be easy, if you move too many decades past that then christianity events would need to be added.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Might just be me but i have gotten the impression Paradox tries to not add new startdates to their games anymore. If the timeline gets extended i would wager it's a extended enddate instead.

Extending 27 more years to year 0 would be easy, if you move too many decades past that then christianity events would need to be added.
Before extending the date there is already a lot of work.
-Solve the problem of crashing beyond 2050 tag created in games
-Give more flavor to the world
-Allow more flexibility in modding
etc...

Reactions:
Whether here or, for example, at Surviving Mars, no questions will be answered. Unfortunately, no answer is also an answer. Ignoring loyal fans is just disrespectful. Sorry PDX, that's not how you treat each other. A disappointed customer is lost forever. You always meet twice in life......

• 3Like
Reactions:

And quite honestly, I'd be really interested in seeing how they would manage literal Christ timespan. I really think they'd never do it, but yeah.

Although at this point I'd be happy if they did anything at all with IR. I really grew fond of it.

Whether here or, for example, at Surviving Mars, no questions will be answered. Unfortunately, no answer is also an answer. Ignoring loyal fans is just disrespectful. Sorry PDX, that's not how you treat each other. A disappointed customer is lost forever. You always meet twice in life......
Surviving Mars had an expansion last year, and a hotfix update just a few days ago.

Reactions: