• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I’m happy to contribute, but I really haven’t played enough to understand all the new changes yet. I only started playing it three days ago.

Reactions:
I’m happy to contribute, but I really haven’t played enough to understand all the new changes yet. I only started playing it three days ago.

I might have a first crack at it tomorrow - it doesn't help anyone at all that it's referring to the old system, so even if it's a bit rough to start with, it'll be better than nothing. If you were able to maybe wait 24 hours, then have a look and ask questions about what's not clear and similar (and correct any mistakes you spot), that'd be super-helpful - no pressure though, only if it's easy and you'd be happy doing it :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, there are some really good videos out already with a lot of good information (of course). I don't know how accurate they are, though, since I see some patches out already. But it might be a good starting point for writing some articles. Links are below.

I think one of the details that eluded me was the concept of unit carrying it's own supplies - see this post: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-the-new-supply-system.1499305/post-27990589

I'm off to dig in to some more details! :)

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the vids :) I've been doing some testing and modding of the supply system, so hopefully should do a decent job of it, but all extra info is very welcome - I wasn't fully up-to-speed of the impact of units at the start of the game bringing themselves up to 150%, for example (due, in no small part, to this being very hidden in the UI, or simply not surfaced to players at all - one of the challenges of updating the wiki is dealing with things that are under the hood and not effectively surfaced).

In other, unrelated news, on the sidebar of the Wiki is a "random page" link, that when clicked on, links to the below. Does anyone have any idea why/what/how/etc?! I'm only getting back into the Wiki now after years off, so I wouldn't presume to change something I'd had nothing to do with, but it does look a bit odd.

1641166560192.png

1641170287225.png

This is more than a little frustrating - I've spent a significant amount of my available capacity today drafting up a significant portion of a new supply page, with a bunch of screenshots, and with the intention of going on and finishing it. I've only ever provided constructive (or at least intended-to-be-constructive) contributions to the Wiki, and in attempting to create a legacy page I've been auto-blocked. I understand a legacy page more or may not be appropriate , but it's something that's very easy to delete later it unnecessary. I'm sorry to sound short, but at this point, it's hard to see why anyone would want to persist with trying to maintain the Wiki - it's an exercise in roadblocks and frustration at almost every turn. This isn't meant as a comment on any one person in particular - just at the system as it stands.

Also, as far as I know, I'm still not getting notification emails (not that it matters until I'm unblocked).

@SolSys - no need to deal with until you've got the time (I appreciate most are on holidays now - indeed, the only reason I have the time to do this is that I decided to spend a significant portion of my holidays updating up a hopelessly outdated part of a game wiki for an element of the game that is very confusing to new players) - and please don't take the above grump as any reflection on yourself. Note that after this week the window for me having the capacity to do the kind of "large update" that this requires will have gone, and it'll have to wait until someone else wants to deal with it, or I'll do it in small dribs and drabs over time.

I've attached my draft so far. I'd figured it was best to get something up there, and then continue working on it, but clearly the Wiki software had other ideas. If someone else wants to pick the ball up and run with it, then this might help get you started. That said, if I have my access restored (and am notified of such) in the next few days I'll get back to it.

Edited: To be less grumpy. None of the original draft was unrepresentative of how I felt (or feel) about the matter, but I don't want anyone to think it's directed at them.

Attachments

• Supply draft 20220103.7z
    14,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Further to my post above, I now have access again (cheers to @Lillebror ) and will get back to this tomorrow, and hopefully make a bit more headway :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Further to my post above, I now have access again (cheers to @Lillebror ) and will get back to this tomorrow, and hopefully make a bit more headway :)
Good to hear you were unblocked -- I'll have a look at what may have triggered the bot after work.
Let me know if you need me to extract the work you did before the block -- I can save it to your sandbox (on mobile so not sure if it's the one you attached).

• 3Like
Reactions:
Good to hear you were unblocked -- I'll have a look at what may have triggered the bot after work.
Let me know if you need me to extract the work you did before the block -- I can save it to your sandbox (on mobile so not sure if it's the one you attached).

Thanks for replying :) It's all good - I got pretty much nothing done before I was blocked (I'd made a few minor edits to the text at the top of the planned "legacy logistics" page (which again, may be redundant, but given I'm literally ripping most of it up and replacing it with new stuff, and that some people may still be adjusting, it felt like a good interim approach), but as soon as I clicked the "create page" button, it gave me the "You vandal!" block, and that was that. Tomorrow I should be able to easily re-do that, and then start at building a new logistics page based around the new supply system (the interim, very much partial draft, is what's in the attachment, but I figured that it was safer to do what I could with gaps, updating the page after each "drafting session", than wait until the end, just in case I run our of time between now and going back to work - and it also means whatever's left over will hopefully be more easy to do in smaller chunks, so something that might be feasible after then).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Flame tanks and flame tank companies seem not to be included in wiki. Where can those stats be found (if anywhere)?

They can be found in the unit files :) I'll add this to my "list of things to do" for the Wiki, but supply is a big job, so I can't guarantee I'll get to it soon, or at all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Progress made - woo! It's a huge job though, not least as it requires some tinkering around to get an idea of what's actually going on in the supply system - @Emren (and anyone else) - all thoughts on https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Logistics are very welcome (no pressure at all though, just as/if the capacity and inclination is there). All being well, I'll add a bit to it each day until it's sorted, at least to the point of having basic coverage of all the elements.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Thanks @Axe99
Progress made - woo! It's a huge job though, not least as it requires some tinkering around to get an idea of what's actually going on in the supply system - @Emren (and anyone else) - all thoughts on https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Logistics are very welcome (no pressure at all though, just as/if the capacity and inclination is there). All being well, I'll add a bit to it each day until it's sorted, at least to the point of having basic coverage of all the elements.
Super work, Axe99! My first thought was to remember to add something about aerial supply. I still need to learn more to contribute anything meaningfully.

Yesterday I figured out the details of state supply levels, I can add that info or send it to you, although you probably figured it out alredy. :p

• 4Like
Reactions:
Thanks @Axe99

Super work, Axe99! My first thought was to remember to add something about aerial supply. I still need to learn more to contribute anything meaningfully.

Yesterday I figured out the details of state supply levels, I can add that info or send it to you, although you probably figured it out alredy. :p

Cheers Emren, much appreciated (and that's actually super-helpful - I'm well aware of aerial supply, but with everything else at this point I'd plain forgot about it :) - I'll pop that into my word doc so it stays remembered (the plan is to write sections in the word doc, get pics together, them drop them in, in batches each day)). Appreciate your offer on State Supply - I should be alright for that (I've done a bit of modding around it, which is great for getting a feel for how it works) - but if you hold onto your knowledge so you can look out for me missing something after I've popped it up there, that'd be super-helpful (no pressure though, as always) :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
More progress made (today was hub supply range, improving hub supply range and motorization) - I'll keep doing a bit each day for the rest of the week, and see how I go, but I won't post in here each day, but if anyone sees anything and has any concerns/noticed I've completely missed one of the three pillars of the supply system (D'oh, lol) or has any other comments/suggestions, please don't hesitate to pipe up :).

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hey @SolSys , @Lillebror or @Dauth - sorry to tag you. Did another batch of updates today, and in adding the supply factors to the terrain page, the update seemed to be a bit "odd" - I'm very sorry if I've messed it up, or even if I've done things inefficiently such that I've bothered you. I don't think I've lost anything (going through the list of changes, it just looks like I've removed and then added back a bunch of things that I actually didn't touch), but it might be worth casting an eye over it to check I/the servers/the software haven't messed up somewhere.

In terms of the supply section, I've done my dash for today, and it would be a miracle if I finish it all up tomorrow. I'll keep plugging away until it's done, but the rate of progress will slow a fair bit after Monday. On the plus side, I've more-or-less got hub supply sorted (which is by far and away the most complex bit conceptually, and also lays conceptual foundations for state and aerial supply).

As always, to anyone reading, all thoughts (particularly on things that might look like I've forgotten about, but also anything I might have got wrong :) ) on what's there so far are very welcome :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Having problems with pictures on most wikis on mobile version: all images that are under categories-spoilers do not load at all. Works normally if desktop version enabled
Xiaomi phone, Chrome browser

Screenshot_2022-01-08-20-00-17-014_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot is from Stellaris but having the same problem on HOI wiki so posting here too for visibility

• 1Like
Reactions:
More progress made (today was hub supply range, improving hub supply range and motorization) - I'll keep doing a bit each day for the rest of the week, and see how I go, but I won't post in here each day, but if anyone sees anything and has any concerns/noticed I've completely missed one of the three pillars of the supply system (D'oh, lol) or has any other comments/suggestions, please don't hesitate to pipe up :).

I've added bare-bones information on weather, terrain and supply in states. It could be considered combining the Terrain and Weather effects into one paragraph, but I'm not going to judge that alone - I've indicated as much on the page for now.

Reactions:
I've added bare-bones information on weather, terrain and supply in states. It could be considered combining the Terrain and Weather effects into one paragraph, but I'm not going to judge that alone - I've indicated as much on the page for now.

Thanks Emren, much appreciated :) In terms of coordinating work, I'm mentioning what I'm working on, before I work on it, in the "talk" section of the logistics page. If you do the same, and we both check it before we do things, that'll limit any potential wasted effort?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Having problems with pictures on most wikis on mobile version: all images that are under categories-spoilers do not load at all. Works normally if desktop version enabled
Xiaomi phone, Chrome browser

Screenshot_2022-01-08-20-00-17-014_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot is from Stellaris but having the same problem on HOI wiki so posting here too for visibility

I have a couple of ideas. I've found ad-blockers and DNS sinkholes sometimes cause me issues (which I find are better than the adverts). Or you may need to clear the cache.

@Axe99 The wiki is community managed, we're happy to let the community lead how its structured and updated. Happy editing.

Reactions:
I have a couple of ideas. I've found ad-blockers and DNS sinkholes sometimes cause me issues (which I find are better than the adverts). Or you may need to clear the cache.
Don't have any adblocker on a phone (meanwhile PC has them and no problems with wiki), clearing cache didn't help, plus asked a friend and he has the same problem so it's not unique, at least