• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does wiki have "search within page" feature anywhere? I was not aware of such thing.

If you mean browser's built-in search, it doesn't allow searching inside collapsed sections. Recetnly a lot of content in wiki was moved into collapsed blocks, and this is annoying like hell, because to find text on page you have to expand everything manually first. This is especially frustrating when you use global wiki search, it leads to the page with a huge list of events (showing you relevant text fragment but not saying what event does it belong to), and now you need to click through all events until you find one you were searching for. As a result now I prefer searching in game files instead of using wiki.
Of course it has. I used it a lot. When you type a word in the search bar, you have a tooltip with "containing...". And when you click on it, it searches within page.
I didn't meant searching with ctrl-F on the browser. The "containing" search is broken.

Does wiki have "search within page" feature anywhere? I was not aware of such thing.
I don't know about such a thing either, but the normal search function is broken for me as well(entering the exact title of a page into the search bar still works).

Of course it has. I used it a lot. When you type a word in the search bar, you have a tooltip with "containing...". And when you click on it, it searches within page.
Isn't that the normal search which searches in all pages on the wiki? Or does it only search in the page which you have currently opened?

Recetnly a lot of content in wiki was moved into collapsed blocks, and this is annoying like hell, because to find text on page you have to expand everything manually first. This is especially frustrating when you use global wiki search, it leads to the page with a huge list of events (showing you relevant text fragment but not saying what event does it belong to), and now you need to click through all events until you find one you were searching for.
I have not noticed any moving of content into collapsed blocks. But I'm at least partially responsible for putting new content into these blocks, because the events which pdxparse generates per default have collapse = yes and I use pdxparse to put new events on the wiki.

For pages which only contain events, I agree that it would be better to not collapse them. What do the moderators think? Should we remove the collapse = yes from all these pages?

Isn't that the normal search which searches in all pages on the wiki? Or does it only search in the page which you have currently opened?
Yes, it's the normal search. I called it "within page" because otherwise it just looked at the title of the pages.
Anyway, if the searching function is also broken for you, it's not on my side ! So please PDX, debug this :)

The wiki has some customization if im registered.
But i cant find the option to turn of the header (main page, discussion, etc.)moving down with the page as im scrolling.
How do i do that? Its really irritating.

The wiki has some customization if im registered.
But i cant find the option to turn of the header (main page, discussion, etc.)moving down with the page as im scrolling.
How do i do that? Its really irritating.
If you mean the black top then it can't be turned off.

Is it possible to edit the wiki at the moment?

I am trying to edit the HRE page (to add the requirement that candidates for HREmperor must not have enacted "States General"), but I keep getting errors. (HTTP error 500, in both Firefox and Chrome.)
The visual editor might be glitching on that article.
Please try editing the page using the "edit source" button (adjacent to the "edit") and ping me if it still happens.

The visual editor might be glitching on that article.
Please try editing the page using the "edit source" button (adjacent to the "edit") and ping me if it still happens.
I tried it both ways before my previous post. And I retested it using "edit source" just now. Same error. (Although you don't get told it's http 500 if you edit source in Firefox - you just get a blank screen.)

1639437872340.png

Reactions:
I tried it both ways before my previous post. And I retested it using "edit source" just now. Same error. (Although you don't get told it's http 500 if you edit source in Firefox - you just get a blank screen.)
I tried it and also get the error 500 several times(I tried to send the page again by reloading). I then went back to the edit page and did a "show changes", "show preview" and "save changes" and this time it worked. I'm not sure if going back helped or it is just random and sending multiple times worked eventually. I had the same problem a few days ago, but I don't remember if it was the HRE page or another page.
Is my change what you had in mind or did you want to add something else?

Reactions:
I tried it and also get the error 500 several times(I tried to send the page again by reloading). I then went back to the edit page and did a "show changes", "show preview" and "save changes" and this time it worked. I'm not sure if going back helped or it is just random and sending multiple times worked eventually. I had the same problem a few days ago, but I don't remember if it was the HRE page or another page.
Is my change what you had in mind or did you want to add something else?
Yep, that's the kind of thing I was going for. (You even got the spelling error!) Thanks!

Anyway, I'm both glad it's not just me - and also a little worried that maybe there's a subtle instability somewhere in the wiki.

I mentioned in HoI4 wiki thread before, there seem to be some problem with mobile version of the wikis. In mobile version, the content seem not to completely loaded while if you switch to desktop version it just load fine albeit small.

Screenshot_20211219_223624.jpg
Screenshot_20211219_223639.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello everyone, is there a new Parser for decisions, events, etc? The old parser doesn't work for 1.32.
Both mras0's pdxparse fork and my pdxparse fork work for 1.32 and can parse events, decision, missions and ideas and generate the wikicode for them. We merge each other's commits before we make any updates, so you can use the version which was last updated. Most of the discussion about this is at https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/User:Mras0/pdxparse . If you notice any problems which you can't fix yourself, you can post there.

ck2utils and pyradox can also parse game files and I have mostly private forks of them which I use to generate various tables and images.

Do you need anything specific?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can confirm and more detail to @Limyx826 's wiki bug report above. The specific issue is that the {{icon}} template is broken on the mobile version. I tested using both current versions of both Chrome and Firefox on Android. All graphics (include formulae) using the {{icon}} template are broken. The {{mainicon}} template used on the Main Page is not affected. This seems to affect the HoI4 wiki too.