Does the AI still charter Trade Companies?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Framper

Corporal
17 Badges
May 30, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I'm finishing my last 1.31 Game and in this and my previous Game the AI didn't charter a single province. Is this normal and does this happen with the new Patch?

If i remember correctly, They changed it so only AI countries with colonists can charter company.

Before every single european country would charter and it was a mess.

Reactions:
After the release of Dharma, AI was buying trade companies galore. The first bugfixes came out and AI didn't do it at all anymore, which was probably a little bit excessive.

Since then, I never seen again AI trying an indian or burmese / indochinese conquest. The sole exception being Portugal with Goa.

This respects historical plausibility, however this is the case where the game would benefit from deviating from it a little. But without restoring the situation where the Italian OPM bought all of the West African coasts (the colonial empire of Siena or Ferrara, lol), and where Spain ended up colonizing half of China before 1800 (which was the case before Emperor).

• 2Haha
Reactions: