• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacho, that looks you have done 2 Mistakes, if you wanna play Historical.

1. You haven´t set the Hook for Historical Gameplay as the Main-Option, where the Difficulty setting is.

2. And in the more Option Settings for the Countrys not to Historical-Settings (like Historical, Democratic-Historical, Fashist-Historical etc.).

If that Hook and the Settings are set, such an Mistake you have can´t happen. Don´t forgett the other Settings in the more Options Menue too.

If you don´t set the Historical-Settings, the AI have the Choose for all Variants. That she have done in your Gameplay.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Stacho, that looks you have done 2 Mistakes, if you wanna play Historical.

1. You haven´t set the Hook for Historical Gameplay as the Main-Option, where the Difficulty setting is.

2. And in the more Option Settings for the Countrys not to Historical-Settings (like Historical, Democratic-Historical, Fashist-Historical etc.).

If that Hook and the Settings are set, such an Mistake you have can´t happen. Don´t forgett the other Settings in the more Options Menue too.

If you don´t set the Historical-Settings, the AI have the Choose for all Variants. That she have done in your Gameplay.
Thank you, for your tips, but I am not an idiot. I have set Historical settings.
That is why I am saying that game is broken now.

Paradox changed USSR and Baltics focuses, but not war justifications and annexation.
So now USSR cannot annex all of Baltics. On of them always left alive, being guaranteed by Allies -> USSR declare war on Allies. And from this point....everything is falling apart. Like Italy leaves Axis and join Comintern. ON HISTORICAL SETTINGS.

This is incredibly ridiculous and stupid on every possible level.
I am really angry about it. Paradox instead of solving long lasting problems, creating new one.

• 10Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Never review a release when it first comes out. Has there ever been a HOI releases that WASN'T a buggy mess? I will save you time, the answer is no.

Wait until the last hot fix for the release drops, then review it. Due to the PDS system of locking in a release date before known bugs are dealt with the initial release always has "issues". And customers will always find more bugs that missed QA, simply as a function of having several thousand players playing at once vs a small PDS in-house team. No Step Back will be better after numerous hot fixes.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've only played a Single test game, so its might not be really that major all things compared.

But. I gotta ask somebody wiser than me... but isn't Russia's Industry EVEN WEAKER than it was in the past?? and I feel like Baltic States are able to industrialize better stronger (atleast for their size) and faster than Soviets can in 36-40 timescale?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thread cleaned up and infractions handed out. Stop insulting each other, stay on topic.

• 2Love
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I see a lot of people complaining about the new patch and DLC. This new DLC and patch is probably the biggest change to HOI4 to date. The dev team can only do so much, it's inevitable that the game will have issues on release, and when it gets released and hundreds of thousands of people start playing it they learn about new issues. The game needs some balancing and optimization and stuff, but wait until the first major patch comes out post No step Back, and the game should be in a much better state by then.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I've only played a Single test game, so its might not be really that major all things compared.

But. I gotta ask somebody wiser than me... but isn't Russia's Industry EVEN WEAKER than it was in the past?? and I feel like Baltic States are able to industrialize better stronger (atleast for their size) and faster than Soviets can in 36-40 timescale?
It absolutely is weaker than ever before in HOI4 and some people are in harsh denial about it for some reason.
And yes the Baltics are utterly overpowered and in fact the only reason the Soviets don't collapse in 1941, since Soviets get those gigantic stockpiles of rifles the Baltics are hoarding by annexing them.

• 2Like
Reactions:
1637764470987.png
Screenshot (34).png

1637764643818.png
Ngl, last night I played a game and the USSR was doing just fine, had this historical africa here, and everything was good, even barbarossa. Yet, when the germans decked war in 1941, the soviets got pushed to the stalin line, then all of a sudden, they started pushing for moscow, THEN HISTORICALLY PUSHED TO STALINGRAD. Unfortunately, I was unable to see how the soviets would make a comeback as in 1943 I invaded italy and then pushed north. Soviets just held stalingrad until the end of 43, when germany capitulated.

Big problems that I had in the game at the time were:

Libya has no railways, and not even Ethiopian war logistics gives it this

Screenshot (56).png

Army xp is expensive, especially to minors as usually you need a full army to gain the most xp. Its just not cost effective to do both tanks as well as doctrine all the time. I didn't even get to really start my doctrine until 1942, where then i was only able to go down 6 doctrines of grand battle plan before the war even ended.

France bugged up and never got charles de gaulle so was never able to get their spawn ins for dday, and they were stuck on the free france tree.

Soviets just never had their factories. they always seemed out of supply, and if hadn't intervened in some way, say Africa, none of this would have been possible. and most probably they would have capitulated.

There are just so many techs for tanks now, kind of ridiculous how many you believe you need for your tank divisions. Not enough time to get them.

Canada still has no decision to referendum newfoundland and labrador in 1949.

Attachments

• 1637764433037.png
    1637764433037.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1637764543776.png
    1637764543776.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I played a Germany game last night to feel things out and honestly it felt very similar in a lot of ways. It's still totally doable to steamroll the allies and soviets with low casualties like before as long as you're careful. I honestly think the supply system is really cool even though it doesn't nerf tanks much. Pushing along rail lines to do encirclements is fun. I did a quick MP with friends where we played various nations and all went communist and drifting light tanks around people was a ton of fun. The major nuance was needing to respond to AI bombing more bc trains just fucking melt to logistic bombing.

Hard agree that Africa is a shitshow, it seems impossible to fight there in SP as there will be no supply bc AI doesn't build it up. I built some railways but I couldn't build a supply hub since the italians kept gaining and losing ground and building a hub there would take 8 months due to bad infrastructure (building one further back wouldn't do much). I think UK and Italy should both get a free supply hub or two from focuses (e.g. Italy's libyan infrastructure focus). I wonder if spamming transport planes will actually become worthwhile now for logistics in regions like that or the pacific/china.

Tank designer is cool but a little underwhelming. Light tanks feel a lot stronger now, while mediums seem a bit weaker bc they are way more expensive per stat than before. It is very easy to make a 12km/h medium or light tank now though which is cool for the aforementioned drifting. Haven't tried heavies yet but seen people saying breakthru heavies + fast lights will be meta. I like light tanks feeling worth making later on, but I don't like how soon the gun models cap out since armor keeps scaling. I don't think it's even possible to get offensive stats (soft and hard attack, piercing) nearly as good on mediums now as upgraded medium IIIs from last patch while you can get even higher armor than before.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I let one game run in observer mode until mid 1943 just watching the AI and was also slightly disappointed. Just a few issues I've seen:
- Soviets can barely build any industry, they don't enough Civs and whatever they had they all put into building railroads when the war started
- Soviets didn't invade Poland as they did historically. Disappointing considering the DLC is focussed on Soviets and Poland...
- Soviets only started invading Finland in mid 1940s, not in Nov 1939 as they did historically
- baltic states get annexed via decisions which cost 70pp, which is to much for the AI to handle, as they kept on spending it on other minor stuff, Soviets also declared war on Latvia in my game, since the AIs starts fabricating wargoals on Baltic anyway, despite already having those decisions
- Baltic states have a staggering 20-30 factories each (!). Estonia doesn't even have 2 million inhabitants in game, why Paradox?
- Soviets didn't build railway artillery or trains thanks to lack of factories, Germany had railway artillery which was present on the Eastern Front but didn't fire because it was assigned to an African army that it obviously can't reach by rail, so it just idled
- Iran gets randomly puppeted through Soviet Focus. Not historical, it should be occupied by Soviet Union + Britain

Outside of Soviet Union:
- Germany still attacks BeNeLux in 1939, completely ignoring the historical timeline, also launches Weserübung simultaneously. Sad this is still not fixed
- Japan still overruns China even with the new supply system
- Spanish Civil War lasted like 3 months before Nationalists won

Paradox has to move away from AI railroading through wargoals gained by National Foci, they should receive wargoals through political decisions. The decisions to annex Baltic states, demanding FInland and Bessarabia should all not cost political power, since the AI can't handle it.
Generally political power is a terrible system and it causes both China and France to run out of manpower since the AI can't upgrade its laws.
The time line has always been off sadly. Germany always attacks the Benelux and then France before Denmark and Norway and in most of my games Japan brings the US into the war in early summer 1941 which is a few months too soon and almost always before Germany attacks the USSR. It's always bothered me Japan goes for Philippines in June or July instead of December and the US is in the war before the USSR. I know they can't exactly force the AI to attack the US in Pearl Harbor because of game mechanics and knowing exactly where a Navy is going to be at a precise moment is way too subject to exploitation but they can at least have the AI have Japan pick an extra 2 focuses before they pick Secure the Philippines.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The supply hub ic is too high and the railway ic is too low.The railway ic should be base on the different terrain especially the tibet.It s ridiculous to build one conecting Beijing with Lhasa in just two month

• 5Like
Reactions:
1939 is not really supported by the Devs and has a ton of problems. There should be a warning on it. Please report the bugs even though they've probably all been reported before. HOI4 has a huge bug backlog and needs a Custodian Team like Stellaris imo. The Balkans is still messed up in a lot of ways. It bothers me too. Especially considering they did an entire DLC on the area.

• 6Like
Reactions:
With all the really obvious bugs in NSB that one notices even by doing just one half of a playthrough, it does seem like the expansion saw very limited playtesting, particularly with historical settings...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sports interactive lets people who preordered play their beta for 14 days before release in order to get the game mass tested and collect feedback. That way they have a day one balance and bug fix update.
Paradox should do the same.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is every major mechanics broken in this patch?

Can someone explain to me, why my fleet full of 1940 subs with 5000km range cannot reach Atlantic?
How can it be "out of rane"?
1637851745253.png

1637851771559.png

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Can someone explain to me, why my fleet full of 1940 subs with 5000km range cannot reach Atlantic?
Where's their starting base?
You might want to move the Submarine Fleet to start from France to get to Atlantic, as if they start, say from Danzig or Wilhelmshaven they have a much longer distance to travel before reaching Atlantic proper.

I think even 36 Subs can reach Atlantic as long as they are based in France.

Where's their starting base?
You might want to move the Submarine Fleet to start from France to get to Atlantic, as if they start, say from Danzig or Wilhelmshaven they have a much longer distance to travel before reaching Atlantic proper.

I think even 36 Subs can reach Atlantic as long as they are based in France.
They start in Brest. But there is nothing like "home base". Fleets using nearest base.
Yes, before patch Subs can reach Atlantic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.