3.2.1 with Aquatics: game CTD during new game creation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VerKer

Captain
28 Badges
Mar 25, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
So, after the update to 3.2.1 Herbert and buying the Aquatics species pack, I cant play Stellaris any more (steam). Every time I start a game, during game creation the sound cuts out for a split second and the game crashes to desktop. It displays the loading bar and the text "loading map graphics" while it crashed. Any advice?

Reactions:
So, after the update to 3.2.1 Herbert and buying the Aquatics species pack, I cant play Stellaris any more (steam). Every time I start a game, during game creation the sound cuts out for a split second and the game crashes to desktop. It displays the loading bar and the text "loading map graphics" while it crashed. Any advice?
Does this also happen in a new galaxy started with no mods at all enabled?

No mods in my playset. And the game still crashes in species creation especifically when trying to change the species to female.
That should be fixed by now?

Does this also happen in a new galaxy started with no mods at all enabled?

Seemingly caused by the mod "improved top bar extended", once I detach that one from the playset the game starts fine.

Nope still ctd the moment I try to change appearance to female.
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test BEFORE restoring your user_empire_designs.txt file

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.