EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone knows how work the temporary modifiers to Score linked to won/lost wars?

I'm fighting a friend at distance (same start, same ideas, the best score wins) so I'd like to score as much as I can. 1750, Spain is huge and keeps being 1st or sometimes 2nd in each category. So I don't score "enough"

If I hover the mouse on the score, there are quite often some huge boosts due to wars. The wiki doesn't mention this. How long does it last? How is it taken into account? I saw some huge boosts (+17 on a total of +70) for winning an imperialist war against Comanches (quite a weak opponent).
If I recall correctly, I got some boost for winning a war in India but nothing in Adghanistan.
It's tough to compete if you don't know the rules :D

Is there a way to view formable nations that can be released in a map mode or the like?

I've been having a reasonable level of success with the take a bunch of territory, hope there is a conquered nation within I can release, and then have it gobble up territories until my overextension gets below 100%. Sooner or later though, this dumb luck will fail. It sure would be nice to know what "formables" can be released with certainty before I orchestrate a war.

Is there a way to view formable nations that can be released in a map mode or the like?

I've been having a reasonable level of success with the take a bunch of territory, hope there is a conquered nation within I can release, and then have it gobble up territories until my overextension gets below 100%. Sooner or later though, this dumb luck will fail. It sure would be nice to know what "formables" can be released with certainty before I orchestrate a war.
There's not really a relation between formable nations and releasable nations; You can release a nation if you own a province it has a core on, and the province is in the same culture group as that nation's primary culture. New in the latest version is that if you hover over a dead nation's core on the province menu, the map will highlight all the other provinces it has cores on.

There's not really a relation between formable nations and releasable nations; You can release a nation if you own a province it has a core on, and the province is in the same culture group as that nation's primary culture. New in the latest version is that if you hover over a dead nation's core on the province menu, the map will highlight all the other provinces it has cores on.
I think I used the wrong terminology (ie. formables). I should have used releasable.

So you're saying if I enable the latest update (presently using 1.31.6 to avoid bugs) I can have essentially what I want via dead nation core mechanic you mention?

If a province qualifies for the culture conversion -25% cost for being "adjacent by sea", will it qualify for being close enough to add to HRE?

The province of Provence has its port in Cote D'Azur, and is considered "adjacent" to Rousillon, whose port is in the Gulf of Leon.
The game's idea of adjacent is weird, because i swear there's been lots of time where it only considers something adjacent if its port is in the same sea tile.

I'd like to check before i get elected. Thanks!

If a province qualifies for the culture conversion -25% cost for being "adjacent by sea", will it qualify for being close enough to add to HRE?

The province of Provence has its port in Cote D'Azur, and is considered "adjacent" to Rousillon, whose port is in the Gulf of Leon.
The game's idea of adjacent is weird, because i swear there's been lots of time where it only considers something adjacent if its port is in the same sea tile.

I'd like to check before i get elected. Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge, that counts as adjacent, but this game is prone to surprises so if it's critical to your run, back up your save file first.

Confitachequi (a Native American tribe) declared war on my colony (The 13 Colonies). You'll note from the bottom of the screen that there is no war.

Shouldn't I automatically be triggered as the warleader?
Europa Universalis IV 11_24_2021 5_16_21 PM.png

Is there an easy way to make every country re-formable?
This is a modding question, right? There is a EUIV Modding - Quick Questions Thread which would be a better place for this.
But it is not easy to make every nation reformable, because you have to specify the requirements unless you want all AI countries to form everything.

Reactions:
Confitachequi (a Native American tribe) declared war on my colony (The 13 Colonies). You'll note from the bottom of the screen that there is no war.

Shouldn't I automatically be triggered as the warleader?
Countries which have their capital in a colonial region can declare war on colonial nations without calling in the overlord. You can enforce peace on the attacker. If they decline, you will enter the war and become warleader.

Reactions:
I wonder if I will be able to annex my vassal the Comanche? There is no way to core a province (as its surrounded by colonies & tribes) which would make annex impossible but it doesn't say I can't which makes me think it may be possible due to some part of colonial mechanics I don't fully understand.
VassalAnnex.png

I wonder if I will be able to annex my vassal the Comanche? There is no way to core a province (as its surrounded by colonies & tribes) which would make annex impossible but it doesn't say I can't which makes me think it may be possible due to some part of colonial mechanics I don't fully understand.
You can core provinces next to your colonial nations and this allows you to annex your vassal as long as it borders one of your CNs.

Reactions:
Playing as HRE-emperor Austria, I seem to get a free guarantee of every country I liberate. In the peace deal it says the guarantee will last the duration of the peace, but the guarantees stay active indefinitely regardless of truce and do not take up any relations slots for me. WAD?

Playing as HRE-emperor Austria, I seem to get a free guarantee of every country I liberate. In the peace deal it says the guarantee will last the duration of the peace, but the guarantees stay active indefinitely regardless of truce and do not take up any relations slots for me. WAD?
It's WAD as of 1.32 except the guarantee not going away after the truce ends, but you can cancel it literally the same day you signed the peace if you have a diplomat free, or any time after that. Since you already have a truce with the liberated nation, and because the guarantee doesn't take a slot, you can revoke it 5 years before the truce would come up (so it doesn't extend the truce if you want to attack them after), because in the meantime it's a free +10 relations (could matter for joining/staying out of coalitions) and keeps a potential vassalization/conquest target free from others.

Reactions:
ai started to destroy forts in my recent game. is this a new thing or my game is kinda broken? for example hungary destroys the fort in kiralyfold or trencin and albania in kruje.
They made AI with money troubles less afraid of deleting forts to cut costs, but they may have gotten a bit too willing.

• 1Like
Reactions: