• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagnusPDX

Community Manager
49 Badges
Feb 19, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello everyone! We know you are all excited to get your hands on No Step Back, and the big day is fast approaching (November 23rd for those who might have missed it)! To tide you over a little and help get you up to date on the new mechanics, we produced a series of short Tutorials that will be coming out this week. The first two are already live, and I will add in the links to the new videos on this post when they come out. Enjoy!

And that is the last video. Hope these help you out in your first campaigns!

Last edited:
  • 43Like
  • 11Love
Reactions:
Wow! Seeing the functions in action like this just made me even more hyped. I will say though that the hovering tracks look a bit weird, but without the camera I suppose you don't really notice it.

I also wonder what non-historical tank designs will prove viable. For my first playtrough I kinda wanna attempt an A7V-II just for fun:p maybe if I prioritize the guns it could serve as an infantry-melter?

Wow! Seeing the functions in action like this just made me even more hyped. I will say though that the hovering tracks look a bit weird, but without the camera I suppose you don't really notice it.

I also wonder what non-historical tank designs will prove viable. For my first playtrough I kinda wanna attempt an A7V-II just for fun:p maybe if I prioritize the guns it could serve as an infantry-melter?
I guess it depends on how much heavy lifting you want the word "viable" to do there. :D I personally have been enjoying high reliability builds, even if they arent as sexy and an armored monstrosity with ton of machine guns.

• 12Like
Reactions:
I hope the AI builds historical tanks at least on historical mode. Also, I have a feeling there's not going to be enough unique 2D/3D art for all these tank builds to keep it visually interesting/immersive. I hope all the major historical Tanks at least have art.

Please add Spaced Armor (looks like it's been added thank you for listening!) and the early night vision (FG 1250 units on Panthers) for the German Tanks. And ensure there are enough module slots to actually build historical Tanks. This is one of the problems with the Ship Designer - there aren't not enough slots to build historical Submarines for example. There are going to be a lot of modules so in order to build the more advanced Tanks of the war we need enough slots.

German Tanks (early war at least) also had grenade/mine launchers fitted onto them. It would be nice if these were available.

Auto Design is a great feature to have. It would be even better if it allowed you to set parameters. For example, Auto Design me a Tank for Firepower or Speed etc.

So happy to see Railway lines in the game now. Just wish the map had more tiles so we could cram more historical Railway lines in there. I hope at least it's possible for modders to add more tiles to the map. CPU's and GPU's have improved a lot since HOI4 released years ago. I hope Paradox does a map expansion at some point.

Regarding Armored Trains - please make them more useful and realistic. Currently it appears all they do is offer more protection from air attack. That's very underwhelming. In reality they were heavily (maybe primarily) used in anti-partisan warfare (for example by the Germans on the Eastern Front) and they also participated in at least some battles. For example, by both the Germans and Poles during the invasion of Poland. Although once the Poles blew up their infrastructure the German Armored Trains were not able to fight I think. I think that an Armored Train(s) should provide small buffs to your Divisions if they are fighting on a Railway line and in the same territory.

Regarding Rivers. If Rivers can be used to transport supplies then Barges or something should be added to the game and you should be able to attack them. Otherwise they are just magically transporting supplies for free and invulnerable to attack. That's not fair or realistic. Also it would be nice if the Rivers in the game were labeled with their names.

Please expand Scorched Earth to more than just Railways. You should be able to destroy everything in your territory if you want. Although it should take some time and maybe the presence of Divisions.

Overall really happy with the Tank Designer and the DLC. It's close to perfection. I only have minor gripes. I think this DLC is going to be received very well.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There will always be a meta, but I hope that the gap between historical designs and meta designs won't be as big as in naval combat. Meta fleets are pretty much the opposite of historical fleets and they are so much more effective that it isn't even a competition anymore. The only reason historical ships work in singleplayer is because the AI's ships are even worse.

Reactions:
Regarding Rivers. If Rivers can be used to transport supplies then Barges or something should be added to the game and you should be able to attack them. Otherwise they are just magically transporting supplies for free and invulnerable to attack. That's not fair or realistic. Also it would be nice if the Rivers in the game were labeled with their names.
This!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello Paradox,
I was wondering why you didn't make the tanks models like stellaris, module based, so when you added stuff in the tank designer the model would chance as well?
It just a suggestion :)
Can't wait to play this expansion!

The wait is hard....

Pls answer - will it be possible to destroy railroads with paratroopers / marines - sacrificing some small units to interfere with enemy logistics behind lines?

But we definitley need a designer for aircraft too!

Reactions:
The wait is hard....

Pls answer - will it be possible to destroy railroads with paratroopers / marines - sacrificing some small units to interfere with enemy logistics behind lines?
Getting in behind enemy lines and cutting the major supply lines will indeed be possible. And combat on that province will damage it. So the longer you hold out while they fight to dislodge you, will impact future throughput more and more.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Will we have access to main gun variants?
Direct fire => Main tank brigade (armor, breakthrough)
High velocity => Tank Destroyer (hard attack, piercing)
Howitzer => SP Gun (Soft Attack)
AA => SP AA (AA)