Origins dlc installed and restoration of union cb causing massive AE intended?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Recruit
65 Badges
Aug 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Darkest Hour
Hi, I'm playing my first run post-patch with the new dlc as Austria.

I declared on bohemia with the restoration of union CB which I gained by completing the "secure electors" mission.

However, I noticed that taking bohemia under the union causes a few dozens of nations to join coalition against me.

I recall that this was not the case pre-patch and restoration of union CB had fixed warscore of 60 and significantly lower AE.

Is this burst in AE intended or is there something I'm failing to understand?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

restoration of union ae.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
It is technically WAD, but it seems not too popular.

We'll be adjusting the numbers down dramatically in the first hotfix.
If this is WAD then I don't have much faith in development from Tinto. Its been clear that there is no human play testing going on/its not being listened to. Day 1 bugs that are noticeable if you play the game for 2 hours, game breaking changes that are WAD, its just sad.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Did they announce anywhere prior to launch that they would be changing the values for AE? I don't recall that ever being mentioned in any of the DDs.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Did they announce anywhere prior to launch that they would be changing the values for AE? I don't recall that ever being mentioned in any of the DDs.
Nah, it was left out of the 1.32 changelog. That's one of the reasons why people think it's a simple typo, what should've been 0.08 turned into 0.8. Mistakes happen in development especially when everything has to be typed by hand, and I don't think it would've dominated the news cycle about Origins this much if they had simply admitted it was a bug instead of WAD.

Mind you, scaling back AE/OE/PWSC in general was part of the patch notes, but scaling back =/= increasing
- Scaled back war score, AE and overextension to reflect the fact that there are many more provinces than there were when these things were first balanced. Allows taking slightly bigger chunks of land.

• 1Like
Reactions:
doesn't seem very popular KEKW

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is technically WAD, but it seems not too popular.

We'll be adjusting the numbers down dramatically in the first hotfix.
Could you release a patch which doesn't require a hotfix for blatent issues which are discovered within five minutes of play? Please?

Back in February you apologised for the state of the 1.30.5 release when it was reverted. Since then the Leviathan release was similarly atrocious. I get that when you push things live the playerbase will find bugs and further patches will be needed, but stuff like Austria triggering a world wide coalition within a few years because AE in the HRE is massive is kinda silly.

We keep hearing the same excuses over and over and it's getting tedious.

• 15Like
Reactions:
I am suspecting the devs dont get paid for playing their game during work hours. Otherwise spending two or three days playing will easily spot these bugs.

Who knew?
While the pre-release and paradox extra Dev clashes did emphasize MP over SP to the detriment of the game, in my opinion, at least it was proof the game was being played.

Of course, good ole Imperator had a massive pre release Dev Clash, and... well...

• 3Like
Reactions:
May as well through my two cents in.

AE for PUing was too low in 1.32. But it's WAY too high. I was thinking about getting Anglophile this run, maybe turn it into a roman empire run. But until AE is fixed I'll just play Songhai.

Could you release a patch which doesn't require a hotfix for blatent issues which are discovered within five minutes of play? Please?

Back in February you apologised for the state of the 1.30.5 release when it was reverted. Since then the Leviathan release was similarly atrocious. I get that when you push things live the playerbase will find bugs and further patches will be needed, but stuff like Austria triggering a world wide coalition within a few years because AE in the HRE is massive is kinda silly.

We keep hearing the same excuses over and over and it's getting tedious.
Fully agree with this, something as game breaking as this shouldn’t wait a whole week

• 2Like
Reactions:
While it is working as designed, the many mission trees in Europe were designed around the fact that you did NOT get so much AE in the first place.
We will address this issue for the hotfix
A "bug" is an error so it is contradictory that low AE from Restoring Unions was a "bug" when many mission trees in Europe were designed around this "bug". The error I see is not updating mission trees when you rebalanced the 'Restoration of Union' CB.

Maybe this is semantics but I think the real annoyance from players is from PUs being nerfed. The Austria tree is just the most immediately noticeable example.

There should be a AE difference between Claim Throne CBs and CBs to reclaim a PU that you lost because of negative opinion or revolts.
This is probably right. And the gargantuan PUs you get from missions should generally be the less punishing 'Reclaim' CBs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Think I'll stick to the last patch of Emperor, as that's the last time this game was even remotely half-balanced. All over the place since.
I hear you. But I think the dev team are currently on the right trajectory to get things back on track. Except for the apparent practice of testing changes by running auto simulations. That, if true, needs to be replaced with actual playtesting. Something the community clearly does better still to this day than the devs.

• 2Like
Reactions: