EU4: 1.32 Songhai is now LIVE! - checksum [f507] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No hello! With your locks my criticism of your hack in Steam and here! Bring back the old aggressive expansion system! The meaning of vassalization, when it is easier to immediately seize the enemy's lands!
Не привет! С вашими блокировками моей критики вашей халтуры в стим и здесь! Верните прежднюю систему агрессивного расширения! Смысл от вассализации, когда проще сразу захватить земли врага!
没有你好! 用你的锁来批评你在 Steam 和这里的黑客行为! 带回旧的侵略扩张系统! 附庸的意思,到时候马上夺取敌人的地盘比较容易!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
define_heir and define_ruler events can now fix stats (adm, dip, mil) and provide a stats offset (change_adm, change_dip, change_mil) (e.g. for the talented and ambitious daughter) depending on what they want.
This change is absolutely ridiculous. The previous define_heir and define_ruler worked with absolutely no issues in this regard, and yet for some reason the core functionality has been totally reversed.
Previously the system was incredibly simple, adm = X set the minimum roll for ruler adm and max_random_adm = X set the maximum roll for ruler adm, and if you wanted a ruler with fixed stats instead of a random roll? Add a single line fixed = yes and you could use adm = 3 with fixed = yes to have a ruler always get 3 adm.

Now how does the system work?
Well fixed = yes is gone, if you try to use it generates an error, so it has to be removed from every instance of define_ruler or define_heir. Also, it's on by default now, so you need to change them all.
Fine, I'll do that, it's ludicrous that this change was made and modders are forced to fix it in all of their code, but at least the maths is the same so it's a minor fix right? Right?
No. Previously writing code like:
Code:
define_ruler = {
    adm = 1
    dip = 1
    mil = 1
    max_random_adm = 4
    max_random_dip = 4
    max_random_mil = 4
}
Would generate a ruler with stats 1-4/1-4/1-4. But now? Well change_adm, change_dip, change_mil all apply after max_random_adm, max_max_random_dip, and max_random_mil. So:

Code:
define_ruler = {
    change_adm= 1
    change_dip = 1
    change_mil = 1
    max_random_adm = 4
    max_random_dip = 4
    max_random_mil = 4
}
now gives a ruler with stats 1-5/1-5/1-5. So now not only does every single define_ruler and define_heir need to be changed to new syntax for no reason, modders must also recalculate the numbers, just to make sure you're doing this all by hand and to give you extra headache.
And what's the benefit to all of this? Absolutely none, the system functions the exact same way as before it's just different.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi, Currently PU'ing a nation with the latest patch is broken and gives you way too much AE. Tried to PU bohemia with brandenburg at 1446, no ae built up, averaged about 86 ae throughout the HRE if I tried to enforce union, which also cost 86 warscore not the 60 it was meant to.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is technically WAD, but it seems not too popular.

We'll be adjusting the numbers down dramatically in the first hotfix.

From another thread but thought it'd be good to post here.

Where is this fix in the changelog? If PU = full AE was a known change, is it reflected in the change log?

From another thread but thought it'd be good to post here.

Where is this fix in the changelog? If PU = full AE was a known change, is it reflected in the change log?

No mention of it! If the AE numbers would remain I would suggest a complete overhaul over Mission Trees of all countries with PU's. Trying Austria and PU-ing Bohemia as a first Mission will be suicide.

1636665662461.png

Reactions:
Really happy about the Native American stuff. Would like to see the major Native American resistance wars added to the game. Native Americans banded together under charismatic leaders multiple times to try to stop European colonizers. For example, Pontiac's Rebellion right after the Seven Years War (French & Indian War).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Wars

Also, HOI4 needs a patch like this. Custodian Team for all Paradox GSG games please.

Reactions:
Are this patch intended to make Austria and PU game totally unplayable? With restoration of an union CB i get over 100 agesive expasion. so if i conquer this way early Bohemia, Hungary and Milan - amounts over 300!!!! Even dealing with 1 - 100 would be extreamly hard, seriosly, what you were thinking... even ading achievment for holding 10 PU at the same time with sth like that????

Attachments

• aaaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaaa.png
    673,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I tried to modify it like this in a modfile in common/static_modifiers/fix.txt
army_tradition = {
recover_army_morale_speed = 0.1
land_morale = 0.25
manpower_recovery_speed = 0.1
siege_ability = 0.05
temples_influence = 0.1
mr_aristocrats_influence = 0.1
rr_girondists_influence = 0.1
monthly_militarized_society = 0.1
nobles_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
maratha_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
rajput_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
tribal_development_growth = -1
development_cost = -0.2 #fix
}
but its overwritten. but im noob, so dont assume from this, that its not possible.
You were on the right track. Try to remove both the "tribal_development_growth" line(this one is increasing the dev cost if you don't have the DLC for tribal development) as well as your new "development_cost" line. That works for me. Alternatively you could change the development_cost line to -5 so that you fully offset the cost increase from the tribal development modifier.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,
could someone explain to me why Army Tradition affects the cost of development after update?
There is no mention of this in the changelog.
View attachment 772465

Continued my savegame:
Army Tradition affects development now.

View attachment 772516

I am playing without DLCs and there is no mention in the Patch Notes. Has this been addressed yet? Should it be like this now?
I tried to modify it like this in a modfile in common/static_modifiers/fix.txt
army_tradition = {
recover_army_morale_speed = 0.1
land_morale = 0.25
manpower_recovery_speed = 0.1
siege_ability = 0.05
temples_influence = 0.1
mr_aristocrats_influence = 0.1
rr_girondists_influence = 0.1
monthly_militarized_society = 0.1
nobles_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
maratha_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
rajput_loyalty_modifier = 0.05
tribal_development_growth = -1
development_cost = -0.2 #fix
}
but its overwritten. but im noob, so dont assume from this, that its not possible.

greets

After Songhai Army Tradition is making Province Development impossible!!!
Fix it please!
(Loaded an older game with 500+ hours of gaming on it)

Hi, Currently PU'ing a nation with the latest patch is broken and gives you way too much AE. Tried to PU bohemia with brandenburg at 1446, no ae built up, averaged about 86 ae throughout the HRE if I tried to enforce union, which also cost 86 warscore not the 60 it was meant to.

No mention of it! If the AE numbers would remain I would suggest a complete overhaul over Mission Trees of all countries with PU's. Trying Austria and PU-ing Bohemia as a first Mission will be suicide.

View attachment 772644

Are this patch intended to make Austria and PU game totally unplayable? With restoration of an union CB i get over 100 agesive expasion. so if i conquer this way early Bohemia, Hungary and Milan - amounts over 300!!!! Even dealing with 1 - 100 would be extreamly hard, seriosly, what you were thinking... even ading achievment for holding 10 PU at the same time with sth like that????
We will be addressing the Army Tradition-Development and AE-PU issues in the first hotfix, which we want to release ASAP - please stay tuned.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: